[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
The "I've Lost My Springfield" Thread  XML
The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues

I've been reading a bunch of different threads all over the 4 different forums here of people who have lost Springfields. I thought in the interest of EA seeing how widespread this is, if this is happening to you, post your details here.

Also, it may be worth contacting EA and report the problem at [url]https://help.ea.com/contact-us[/url]. I did this late last night and someone got back to me by morning. They asked me to do basic troubleshooting steps (didn't help) and write back with more details on the problem.

In my case, after logging back on last night (10/6) after just played about 20 minutes prior, my game suddenly said "Welcome to Origin, GeekPoppa. There is a Level 5 Springfield already on this device (View button). Is this your Springfield (Yes/No buttons)." This is NOT the Level 14 game I was just playing 20 minutes prior. I did have a game that ended on Level 5 when the game launched and the servers initially crashed.

Also, a friend of mine last night was able to see my Level 14 icon, but when looking at my Springfield saw my 3-house Level 5 I was seeing. Today, my icon is nowhere to be found (although I'm still a friend with him on Origin).

Please add your lost Springfield story here! It really sucks that this is happening on the night of the Mayan tie-in on Treehouse of Horror tonight.

UPDATE 10/12: There is another thread on the EA Answers board, that EA may also pay attention to. It may help to post there as well: [url]http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/My-Springfield-is-back-to-level-1-what-can-I-do/td-p/28664/page/21[/url]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 10/12/2012 09:33:09

same story here.

i was playing last night i was at level 22 almost 23 and then i took a little break for 20 minutes or so and when i opened the game up i got the same screen welcoming me to origin and asking is this level 1 your springfield. i click no and then it asks if i want to start a brand new springfield.

i still get notifications from my level 22 springfield but it is nowhere to be found.

ACK!

Same here, been playing the game for almost a year now, was at level 22 but today it's saying my Springfield is back at level 1 or I have to restart the whole game! EA need to fix this problem right away. I have spent money on donates and wasted my time playing this game and am not happy that it was all for nothing!

My GF lost her springfield too... is there a fix to get your level back to where it was? She was level 14 and now her springfield is gone and at a level 1. All of her friends are still there but her springfield is gone....?? Help??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/08/2012 06:44:59

Exactly the same problem as all of the above... This morning I was level 15, set all my characters to do jobs, notifications came through and when I was asked to log in it went strait to new Springfield, quit game logged out and back in and said level 3 Springfield clicked no started new again. I'm still receiving notifications for my level 15though.. This is especially annoying as I have spent around 20quid on dohnuts since I started the game. So EA have my money and looks as though I have to start again... Not happy at all someone please let me know if a solutions arises and I will do if I find one too

Some problem, i've lost my city at lv 12 ..

"There is a BEAUTYFULL city at lv.1 for you! is yours city?" NO!!!!
"then you can begina NEW city in yout origin account ok?" Noooooooo!!!

Someone can answer this problem??

I have emailed my problem to ea and am awaiting a response. If this can't be fixed I want my money back that I spent on dohnuts

i've send a email too, but how do they not notice thousand of spriengfield disappear??

Please post once you get a response. I've posted two several here on the Forum and have left messages on EA's Facebook and The Simpsons Tapped Out Facebook hopefully it will get noticed. Thanks.

Same her happened to me on 7th oct was level 22 got dropped down to level 3 I connected ea games to told me to do do a few thing s but that didn't help have emailed the again waiting for the to get back to me tried to contact them on Facebook but the removed there comment line so can't start a new thread there will get back here when I hear from ea thanks

I have exactly the same issue and i wrote to ea last night and should be getting an answer soon sinse they claim to get back to you in 24 hours i will post it.

And what exactly answer you ??

Well i got my answer of course no solution. They had me update my game and my ipad (Which were already updated) then i had to close my game fully and reset my ipad then try to open the game. Nothing happened still the same question about this other springfield.... I am really mad at ea right now

Yeah. Same thing. Nothing in their response worked (and I'm pretty sure I tried all of it already before I got their response). I wrote back with my info Sunday morning, but I still haven't heard anything back.

Here is what they sent me back for what it's worth:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I completely understand how disappointing that could be, lost Springfield progress in 'The Simpsons: Tapped Out'. It might be possible due to some technical reasons. I apologize for this inconvenience. I will do my best to resolve this issue.

Please try following troubleshooting and see if the issue persists.

First, try closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it.

For detailed information, please follow the link below:
https://help.ea.com/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-troubleshooting

- Exit the game, then turn off and reset your device. Then try starting the game again.

- Ensure you are running the most current version of the game (check to see if there is an update available for the game through iTunes).
1. Go to app store on the device.
2. Go to Updates
3. Update game if needed.
4. Update app for game.
5. Re launch App/Game to see if the issue is resolved.

- Access the iTunes Store within your device and download the game again. It may prompt you to 'Buy' the game, but once you click it, it should allow you to download for free since you already paid for it through iTunes. Please note that we at EA have no access to your iTunes account. If you have any disputes, please contact iTunes (Apple) directly.

- Make sure your device has the latest software:
1. Download the latest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes
Note: If you already have iTunes installed, open it and select Help > Check for Updates. Then install any available updates.

2. Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, select your device in iTunes, and click the 'Update' button or 'Check for Update' button. Install the software update if available.

If none of the above suggestions correct your issue, please provide us with the following:
1. Game Name: The The Simpsons: Tapped Out
2. Game Version
3. Type of bug (Crash, gameplay, other)
4. Description of how you encountered the error
5. Device details
a. Type (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)
b. Generation (2G, 3G, Touch v1, Touch v2)
c. Firmware version
d. Memory Capacity
6. If the device was rebooted before playing the game
7. Number of applications on the device
8. Amount of free space available
9. Distribution of allocated space (movies, music, games, misc)
- Your email address associated with this account
- How much you spent on in-game content
- Which content is still missing in game?
- Your order numbers from your purchase:

At Electronic Arts, we value your co-operation and looks forward to hear from you. Also, in case of any help, please get in touch with us anytime.

Regards,
Arun
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

Thank you for your interest in Electronic Arts and for writing us with your thoughts and questions.

I understand how frustrating this issue can be and do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the game reset issue in game The Simpsons: Tapped Out. I'll do everything I can to resolve this for you!

However, please try the following steps in meantime as they have resolved the issue for some players:

- Exit the game, then turn off and reset your device. Then try starting the game again.

- Ensure you are running the most current version of the game (check to see if there is an update available for the game through iTunes).

1.Go to app store on the device.

2.Go to Updates

3.Update game if needed.

4.Update app for game.

5.Re launch App/Game to see if the issue is resolved.

- Make sure your device has the latest software:

1.Open iTunes if installed. if not install from www.apple.com/iTunes.

2.Select “Help”.

3.Select “Check for Updates”.

4.Update if needed.

5.Connect your Apple device to the computer.

6.On the left side under Devices select "device name".

7.Click “Update” or “Check for Update” if showing an update is needed.

8.Follow update steps on computer if available.

9.Check to see if game issue is resolved.

10.Launch game to see if issue is fixed.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,
Rajan S
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

My response is similar to GeekPoppa's
The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues
Go to: