[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
need for speed most wanted crashing  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

Hi, whenever i try to start my nfs most wanted it crashes and says either nvidia graphics driver has stopped responding or need for speed most wanted has stopped working. al my system specs exceed the requirements and all drivers are up to date.

i7 3610qm
8gb ram
gtx 660m
1tb hdd

thanks!

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi akboiboi ,

Please check the Graphics driver to the latest version.
[WWW]

my display driver is updated to latest.

thanks

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi akboiboi ,

Did you play the game from origin? let me know it.

Thanks.
[WWW]

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Hi akboiboi ,

Did you play the game from origin? let me know it.

Thanks.[/quote]

yeap ! i bought it original sign in origin and enter product key into origin + launch from origin.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi akboiboi ,

First delete C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\Client_log.xml first.

Then re-launch Origin and reproduce your problem.

1. Send an email with your Settings file and Origin Logs attached:
a. Navigate to this directory: C:\Users\{Windows User name}\AppData\Roaming\Origin
b. Attach the most recent local.xml file to your email.
c. Navigate to this directory: C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs
d. Attach the Client_log file to your email.
e. Attach the OriginClientService_Log file to your email.
f. Navigate to this directory: C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Core\prefs
g. Attach the Origin.ini to your email.
2. Are you running multiple hard drives?
3. If so, tell us as much detail as you can about the configuration:
a. Is your main C: drive an SSD?
b. Is Origin installed on your main C: drive or a secondary drive?
c. Do you install Origin games on your main drive or secondary drive?
d. Any special permissions settings for these drives (available to all users, admins only or only a specific Windows user account)?
4. Screenshots or exact text of any error messages would also be helpful.
5. A screenshot of running processes may also be helpful. Bring up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC). Click the Processes tab and sort by Image Name and make sure we can see the entire name of the .exe. If it takes two screenshots to see the entire list that's fine.

Attach the screenshots along with the other Origin files mentioned above and send the completed bug report to Originlogs@ea.com. Please use the subject line [Origin Logs] [Origin 9.0 error] Game init fail
Please add this thread link.

Regards,
[WWW]

hi, i am unable to find any logs file in program files\origin. i have origin and origin game. the files u specified above are not present in it.

thanks

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi akboiboi ,

Did you installed the origin and games follow the default.

Thanks.
[WWW]

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Hi akboiboi ,

Did you installed the origin and games follow the default.

Thanks.[/quote]

yeap did that.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but the following info might be useful.

There might be something buggy with the v306.97 driver. I have an EVGA GTX570 OC and have had geometry failures with the v306.97 driver. No crashes but have twice (in about 2 hours) had a screen full of random squares and triangles overlaying the graphics - this is a typical geometry failure in the video hardware. It is however possible that it's related to the fact that my card is the "OC" version although it is a factory overclocked card and I have made no modifications to the timings. The card is NOT overheating when the failure happens.

I had to rollback to the v301.42 driver which runs without any problem.

[quote=zBobG]I don't mean to hijack this thread but the following info might be useful.

There might be something buggy with the v306.97 driver. I have an EVGA GTX570 OC and have had geometry failures with the v306.97 driver. No crashes but have twice (in about 2 hours) had a screen full of random squares and triangles overlaying the graphics - this is a typical geometry failure in the video hardware. It is however possible that it's related to the fact that my card is the "OC" version although it is a factory overclocked card and I have made no modifications to the timings. The card is NOT overheating when the failure happens.

I had to rollback to the v301.42 driver which runs without any problem.[/quote]

okay i'll try out your suggestion, thanks!

[quote]There might be something buggy with the v306.97 driver. I have an EVGA GTX570 OC and have had geometry failures with the v306.97 driver. No crashes but have twice (in about 2 hours) had a screen full of random squares and triangles overlaying the graphics - this is a typical geometry failure in the video hardware. It is however possible that it's related to the fact that my card is the "OC" version although it is a factory overclocked card and I have made no modifications to the timings. The card is NOT overheating when the failure happens.

I had to rollback to the v301.42 driver which runs without any problem.[/quote]

Tried 301.42, still crashes badly, from crashing after about 20 minutes of gameplay it evolved into crashing upon the loading screen after "press start" menu, now it crashes before anything gets to load at all. I can't play the game at all. :/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/10/2012 13:53:28

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue. I have a GTX580, windows 7, and the game will randomly crash with all graphics set to minimum and gpu fan pumped to 100%speed...

Apparently there is a bug somewhere pretty basic, sometimes i can play 30minutes sometimes 3 minutes...

It looks like an incompatibility in some shader to me, some obscure shader that isn't used all that often.

Sometimes it crashes with video driver error as stated above, sometimes it just blackscreens although i can still drive and have sound and even alt+f4 doesn't get me out.

This is definately a major problem with graphics engine/nvidia 500 drivers support. Please contact Nvidia about this and find a solution as the game is basically unplayable and buying an 'even' better graphics card is out of the question.

I'm gonna try rolling back drivers now, let you know if anything works

[quote=Zenonne]Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue. I have a GTX580, windows 7, and the game will randomly crash with all graphics set to minimum and gpu fan pumped to 100%speed...

Apparently there is a bug somewhere pretty basic, sometimes i can play 30minutes sometimes 3 minutes...

It looks like an incompatibility in some shader to me, some obscure shader that isn't used all that often.

Sometimes it crashes with video driver error as stated above, sometimes it just blackscreens although i can still drive and have sound and even alt+f4 doesn't get me out.

This is definately a major problem with graphics engine/nvidia 500 drivers support. Please contact Nvidia about this and find a solution as the game is basically unplayable and buying an 'even' better graphics card is out of the question.

I'm gonna try rolling back drivers now, let you know if anything works[/quote]

It's not the drivers fault at all, the game plays smoothly in offline mode, go into Origin, top left Origin - Go offline and start up NFS. I'm playing for hours without a crash, going online makes the game unstable for some reason.

Really no response!? This is an absurd! I really regret buying this piece of crap and I want my money back!
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: