[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
MY ORIGIN ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

My Origin account has been hacked and I was not able to find anywhere for help! No live chat no nothing! And to top it up, wherever I search for ways to fix it on EA Help, it asks me to log in! WTF!

Oh, I also tried calling up the US Help Hotline and was told my waiting time is 190 mins! WTF!

I NEED HELP NOW.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi ossiekwan7 ,

Thanks for your post.

Please register a new account.
Then contact the EA Customer Experience at Origin client.
First please confirm your Origin language is “English US”.
(Click “Origin” --> Application settings --> General tab --> Origin Client Language-->English US.)
Then click "Help"(top left corner) --> “Origin Help” (menu option) --> Live Chat (top right corner of the Origin Help page).
They'll give you further help.

Regards,
[WWW]

Now the adviser tells me that they cannot verify my Date of Birth.

WTF?

So what can I do now?

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Hi ossiekwan7 ,

Thanks for your post.

Please register a new account.
Then contact the EA Customer Experience at Origin client.
First please confirm your Origin language is “English US”.
(Click “Origin” --> Application settings --> General tab --> Origin Client Language-->English US.)
Then click "Help"(top left corner) --> “Origin Help” (menu option) --> Live Chat (top right corner of the Origin Help page).
They'll give you further help.

Regards,[/quote]

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Please give us a PM with Email address of your Origin, date of birth, game code(and the game name), case ID number (It's necessary) and this thread link. We will escalate to related team check it.
[WWW]

Done.

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Please give us a PM with Email address of your Origin, date of birth, game code(and the game name), case ID number (It's necessary) and this thread link. We will escalate to related team check it.[/quote]

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Get your PM.
[WWW]

Just looking though the Forum, clearly I am not the only one who cannot "remember" their DoB.

There has to be something wrong or a way for the hacker to change the DoB on the compromised profiles and EA is not aware of.

Please sort this out ASAP.

Any update on this?

Looking thru the forum, it's clearly EA's fault that they think the DoB is the most secure way to confirm one's identity but it's obvious that there are ways to change the DoB even without EA realising.

EA is losing customers fast here and if this isn't resolved soon, I will make sure ppl considering purchasing any EA titles will be made aware of this hacking issue.

Also, is there a way I can reinstall my FIFA 13 onto this new Origin account? Given how incompetence EA seems on this issue, I don't want to be waiting endlessly for them to retrieve my account.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi ossiekwan7,

I have checked your issue.
We are looking into this issue.
If we get any info, we will contact you.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Can I reinstall my game to a different Origin account then?

Ossie, check your tickets under "my cases" after you create the new forum account ( if you haven't done that already and that's how you're posting). and from 7 AM to 7PM PST I think customer support is open. Click on the ticket then click contact and there should be an option showing that says "call me". You can leave your number and they will call you and they will have the ticket in front of them when they do so it will save you time and frustration.

The difference between this customer support and the rest is that this customer support isn't reading off a worksheet and giving you canned replies, so they're your best shot at resolving the issue.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi ossiekwan7 ,

You should contact the Customer Experience to move your game.

Regards,
[WWW]

Thanks for the advice.

But unfortunately I am not in the US or Canada.

[quote=JulOscNovEchSier]Ossie, check your tickets under "my cases" after you create the new forum account ( if you haven't done that already and that's how you're posting). and from 7 AM to 7PM PST I think customer support is open. Click on the ticket then click contact and there should be an option showing that says "call me". You can leave your number and they will call you and they will have the ticket in front of them when they do so it will save you time and frustration.

The difference between this customer support and the rest is that this customer support isn't reading off a worksheet and giving you canned replies, so they're your best shot at resolving the issue.[/quote]

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi ossiekwan7,

Please Login originclient --> click origin --> Application setting --> General --> Origin client language --> select English(US)
relaunch origin client.
To find a live advisor by doing these steps.
Login originclient --> Click Help --> Origin Help--> live chat

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: