[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Origin.exe gone  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

So....every single time Origin updates, the program itself, Origin.exe, disappears. Now somehow I've gotten it working in the past but this time around I just cant find a work around. I have followed everything I can find on these forums in regards to Origin not working after updates and nothing is working. Meaning Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled rebooted my computer and reinstalled, running originTMP.exe while trying to launch a game. Nothing works. So any help here would be appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/25/2013 13:41:28

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi weiman90,

Please click ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch Windows Task Manager and click the Processes Tab then sor Image Name.
Is Origin.exe in the processes list?

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Having same issue, kinda annoyed at having to redownload/reinstall and risk my games buggering up every time there's an Update due to EA's shoddy * software not working, would really like an explanation and a fix.

Yea It's Dam Frustrating and Every time Origin updates It seems to get worse.
Previously when this has happened I searched everywhere till I got the advice to uninstall Origin.

then reload OriginThinSetup.

It will not work straight away, but after 3- 4 hours it may.
Definitely suggest that instead of using the origin thinsetup already on your Computer that you down load a new one.
Although they should be the same, it will just frustrate you.
Think about whether you want origin updating itself and having this happen every week.
It's happened twice to me each time needing up to 6 hours of tinkering just to get origin to work to be able to access your Games!!!

This time for me however all the games and Demos went into update mode to update everything. So far that's about[b] 16[/b] hours..... Ridiculous.

My origin setup will be without automatic Updates
without origin on start up.

the only conclusion I can see is Origin ruins good Games

EA_OriginSupport wrote:Hi weiman90,

Please click ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch Windows Task Manager and click the Processes Tab then sor Image Name.
Is Origin.exe in the processes list?

Regards,

I have the same problem. Origin auto-updates then when I try to lauch it says Origin.exe could not be found.

No it is not in task manager, it is in the folder it simply does not work even when clicked directly.
I click the Origin.exe and it says Origin.exe could not be found in the machine, or I need administrator privileges. AND yes I am administrator and executed as administrator many times. Same error.

That's pretty awesome if you ask me. How can someone mess up so much that the exe says the exe does not exist.

Away to go.

I have this same issue. It is completely gone.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hey guys,

Could you please provide your anti-virus software's name?

And please add Origin into your windows' firewall and anti-virus software's white list, disable UAC, then try again.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

EA_OriginSupport wrote:Hey guys,

Could you please provide your anti-virus software's name?

And please add Origin into your windows' firewall and anti-virus software's white list, disable UAC, then try again.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Done that, disabled anti-virus and UAC. Still no change.

Anti-virus is Avira Free Antivirus.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Oforhiahrage,

Alright, so how about disable Avira Free Antivirus and it's best to make a screenshot for what program is running in task manger for us if the problem still exists.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

EA_OriginSupport wrote:Hi Oforhiahrage,

Alright, so how about disable Avira Free Antivirus and it's best to make a screenshot for what program is running in task manger for us if the problem still exists.

Regards,

As I said, I disabled the anti virus already. Still the same error.

Task manager is very simple - Windows processes, Catalyst control center (AMD graphics), punkbuster, steam, razer synapse, steelseries usb Soundcard and web browser. That's about it.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Oforhiahrage,

How about disable the process as below:
punkbuster, steam, razer synapse

Then try again?

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

Ok, so what I ended up doing was plucking an origin.exe from an Origin download zip file. I just put that into the Origin folder and it worked out fine.

To admins: No origin.exe wasn't in the task manager and I use Norton. Now that I have found the fix though, shouldnt be a problem from now on. Hopefully....

EA_OriginSupport wrote:Hi Oforhiahrage,

How about disable the process as below:
punkbuster, steam, razer synapse

Then try again?

Regards,

Did that, nothing new. Still not working. I noticed though that now after it updates, when I go to the instalation folder there is not an Origin.exe file. The updater deleted it.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hey guys,

1. Send an email with your Settings file and Origin Logs attached:
a. Navigate to this directory: C:\Users\{Windows User name}\AppData\Roaming\Origin
b. Attach the most recent local.xml file to your email.
c. Navigate to this directory: C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs
d. Attach the Bootstrapper_Log.txt file to your email.
e. Attach the OriginClientService_Log file to your email.
f. Navigate to this directory: C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Core\prefs
g. Attach the Origin.ini to your email.
2. Are you running multiple hard drives?
3. If so, tell us as much detail as you can about the configuration:
a. Is your main C: drive an SSD?
b. Is Origin installed on your main C: drive or a secondary drive?
c. Do you install Origin games on your main drive or secondary drive?
d. Any special permissions settings for these drives (available to all users, admins only or only a specific Windows user account)?
4. Screenshots or exact text of any error messages would also be helpful.
5. A screenshot of running processes may also be helpful. Bring up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC). Click the Processes tab and sort by Image Name and make sure we can

see the entire name of the .exe. If it takes two screenshots to see the entire list that's fine.
6. Copy paste the forum topic link within the mail

Attach the screenshots along with the other Origin files mentioned above and send the completed bug report to Originlogs@ea.com. Please use the subject line [Origin Logs] – [Origin 9.1.11.2678 update error] your Origin account (email address) - your IP address(http://ipchicken.com/)

After this, please uninstall Origin first, then download the file: https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginUpdate_9_1_11_2678.zip

Then unzip it into your origin folder.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

Happened again after the new update.

Getting tired of this crap.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: