[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Game is online-only...no internet connection = no play  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

Since they finally locked the petition thread this needs to be kept at the forefront.

SimCity 2013: Too much Sim and too little City...

[Avatar]

Why? Everyone is aware of it and those who don't like it aren't going to buy the game. So... what's the point?

CircusEnvy wrote:Why? Everyone is aware of it and those who don't like it aren't going to buy the game. So... what's the point?

Believe it or not there are still people who don't realize it.

[Avatar]

Well, it's buyer beware. They've made it public that a constant internet connection required.

CircusEnvy wrote:Well, it's buyer beware. They've made it public that a constant internet connection required.

yup.
People shouldn't support companies that make games that aren't MMOs require server access to play.

[Avatar]

I'm sorry but it's 2013, if you don't have an internet connection, what on earth are you doing with your life? For those arguing about the "what if the servers are down?" So what, go do something else; life sucks, you better learn to deal with it. You guys have to realize that this game isn't going to be a Battlefield/call of duty where there are 500 million people trying to play at once crashing the servers. It really shouldn't be an issue except maybe the first day or two.

Edit* and Origin is much better than EA's previous DRM attempts (how soon we forget about Spore?).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/03/2013 13:26:34

Feel free to add me on Origin, my account name is the same as what I post on here.

Always glad to start a new region with friendly people

CaptainMauZer wrote:I'm sorry but it's 2013, if you don't have an internet connection, what on earth are you doing with your life? For those arguing about the "what if the servers are down?" So what, go do something else; life sucks, you better learn to deal with it. You guys have to realize that this game isn't going to be a Battlefield/call of duty where there are 500 million people trying to play at once crashing the servers. It really shouldn't be an issue except maybe the first day or two.

Lots of people don't have decent internet connections. There's no reason why you should shell out $60 for a game that's not an MMO and have to connect to a server to play it.

[Avatar]

cirugo wrote:
yup.
People shouldn't support companies that make games that aren't MMOs require server access to play.

People can support whatever companies they want.

Is this thread supposed to be an attempt to rally together others who think your thoughts? That doesn't seem productive because it won't persuade anyone. This topic has already been talked to death.

[Avatar]

[quote=cirugo]Since they finally locked the petition thread this needs to be kept at the forefront.[/quote]

[img]http://www.paulandstorm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pirate-cat-300x272.jpg[/img]

Why are my image links not showing????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/03/2013 13:30:05

[Avatar]

cirugo wrote:
Lots of people don't have decent internet connections. There's no reason why you should shell out $60 for a game that's not an MMO and have to connect to a server to play it.

So EA should treat everyone like a charity? Games are a luxury. If you can't afford it or support it, don't buy it. That's like me going to BMW and saying, "you need to make a model where the tires aren't $500 a piece because I can't afford that." The reality is games will require online connections in the future and whoever can't keep up with that shouldn't buy them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/03/2013 13:33:49

CircusEnvy wrote:
cirugo wrote:
yup.

People can support whatever companies they want.

Is this thread supposed to be an attempt to rally together others who think your thoughts? That doesn't seem productive because it won't persuade anyone. This topic has already been talked to death.

too bad

[Avatar]

cirugo wrote:Lots of people don't have decent internet connections. There's no reason why you should shell out $60 for a game that's not an MMO and have to connect to a server to play it.

Welcome back. Even though we don't agree on everything (okay, anything), I was actually worried something may be wrong with you. Now that that's out of the way...

Yes there is. That's the way the game is designed. If someone buys a game and doesn't bother to look at the specs, well.. they deserve what they get. If they do look at the specs, they will see..

BROADBAND INTERNET:
Minimum 256 kbps download, 64 kbps upload

Look, if you want to bash Maxis for doing it, that's fine. That's your prerogative, but don't pretend you are bringing this up for any more noble purpose than that.

"UR" is not a word. It's the sound dumb people make when they try to spell "You are."

http://www.radioparagon.com
[WWW]

[Avatar]

cirugo wrote:

too bad

Exactly!

CircusEnvy wrote:
cirugo wrote:

So EA should treat everyone like a charity? Games are a luxury. If you can't afford it or support it, don't buy it. That's like me going to BMW and saying, "you need to make a model where the tires aren't $500 a piece because I can't afford that." The reality is games will require online connections in the future and whoever can't keep up with that shouldn't buy them.

Not sure who I'm quoting here but, yeah, that's exactly the point I'm making. People shouldn't support this.

netguysteve wrote:
cirugo wrote:Lots of people don't have decent internet connections. There's no reason why you should shell out $60 for a game that's not an MMO and have to connect to a server to play it.

Welcome back. Even though we don't agree on everything (okay, anything), I was actually worried something may be wrong with you. Now that that's out of the way...

Yes there is. That's the way the game is designed. If someone buys a game and doesn't bother to look at the specs, well.. they deserve what they get. If they do look at the specs, they will see..

BROADBAND INTERNET:
Minimum 256 kbps download, 64 kbps upload

Look, if you want to bash Maxis for doing it, that's fine. That's your prerogative, but don't pretend you are bringing this up for any more noble purpose than that.

People don't pay attention all the time. And I said a long time ago that my purpose was to do the very best I could to try to get people who weren't paying attention to see what they're doing and not buy the game.

SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: