[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
No Caddy this year ?  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion

Someone told me there was going to be no caddy in 14, is that true ?. Why would EA take out the caddy that seems silly to me. Having a caddy is part of the sport, golfers have caddies in real golf on tour. Thats why a caddy is in the game, EA Sports its in the game.

Not sure what the plan is for this year, but the visual representation of the caddy was removed last year and replaced with a "caddie mode" to help set up shots/puts, if desired. I thought that was a better approach than the physical caddy, however I would like to see caddies, walking scorers, etc. represented on the course. Seeing your golfer walking all alone down the middle of the fairway in a PGA tournament looks a bit odd.

[Avatar]

Lets hope he never comes back!

I have no idea if he is in 14 though....

SIM MODE PLAYER(xbox)

THE COUNTRY CLUB MEMBER

UHAVELOFT

FRSTDWN wrote:Lets hope he never comes back!

^^^This 100 times

However don't think this is the case.On one of the posted pictures you can see "Ask PGA Pro " button in the HUD.So I think they changed the name,but still
Edit: found the link http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Image/swing-style-blog-3.jpg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/2013 09:12:11

[WWW]

Developer
[Avatar]

xyzvld22 wrote:

^^^This 100 times

However don't think this is the case.On one of the posted pictures you can see "Ask PGA Pro " button in the HUD.So I think they changed the name,but still
Edit: found the link http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Image/swing-style-blog-3.jpg

Yes, the caddie has been re-branded to 'Ask a PGA Pro' and can only be used when playing offline practice rounds on north american courses.

EA_SeanWilson wrote:
xyzvld22 wrote:

^^^This 100 times

Yes, the caddie has been re-branded to 'Ask a PGA Pro' and can only be used when playing offline practice rounds on north american courses.

WOAH! So no more caddy online, live tournaments, PGA Tour or anything? That'll make a lot of people happy.

Developer
[Avatar]

StormJr wrote:
EA_SeanWilson wrote:
xyzvld22 wrote:

^^^This 100 times

WOAH! So no more caddy online, live tournaments, PGA Tour or anything? That'll make a lot of people happy.

correct.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

EA_SeanWilson wrote:Yes, the caddie has been re-branded to 'Ask a PGA Pro' and can only be used when playing offline practice rounds on north american courses.

YESSSSS!

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Scotty Cameron 38" Dual Balanced GOLO 7 Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

EA_SeanWilson wrote:
StormJr wrote:
EA_SeanWilson wrote:
xyzvld22 wrote:

^^^This 100 times

correct.

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/fat.gif

[WWW]

EA_SeanWilson wrote:

Sean can you give us more on the practice rounds? Is it going to be like couple of years ago when you can drop the ball anywhere on the course or is just a 'play now' round with mulligans

[WWW]

Developer
[Avatar]

xyzvld22 wrote:
EA_SeanWilson wrote:

Sean can you give us more on the practice rounds? Is it going to be like couple of years ago when you can drop the ball anywhere on the course or is just a 'play now' round with mulligans

No, practice rounds are basically last year's Play Now. We've replaced Play Now with Quick Tournaments which more simulates a Sunday round of golf with a full leaderboards, announcers, crowds, stats, etc...So now a Practice Round is just a local match with up to 4 players with no commentary, the pga tour pro, no crowds, just a scorecard, etc...as if you were playing with friends.

I think the caddy should be an option same as TW13.

[Avatar]

Awesome that * is gone for good.

SIM MODE PLAYER(xbox)

THE COUNTRY CLUB MEMBER

UHAVELOFT

BurningMerchant wrote:
I think the caddy should be an option same as TW13.

I agree with you. It should be a option like 13. In 13 players could turn it on or off, online or offline. No one had to play with the caddy if they didn't want to. So I don't understand why the option has to be taking out. And replaced with the ask a pro, and you can only play with that in one mode, sounds kind of cheap. Should of just left it alone, everyone could play the way they wanted to the way it was.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/09/2013 08:05:30

Especially, when the lie on the hud is incorrect when indicating the lie. Many times the green grid and the hud contradict one another. Here, I would ask the caddy for a hint instead of guessing.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/09/2013 20:50:34

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion
Go to: