[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Origin games wont launch "this game will not run in a virtual environment&q...  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

I just upgraded my laptop to a new microsoft surface pro 64gb. I installed origin and logged into my account just fine.
I have the command & conquer ultimate collection and installed c&c95 red alert, tiberian sun, and c&c 3. No problems with the downloads.

The problem comes when I try to launch any of the games. None of the games load. They try to launch and a window quickly pops up and disappears. It says ea in a green circle but closes before you can read anything. The error windows stayed open once long enough for me to read "this game will not run in a virtual environment".

Problem is I'm not running a virtual environment. Its a new clean install of windows 8 pro. I cant figure it out. Steam and c&c 3 runs fine if I use steam.

After repairing the installs, uninstalling everything (origin and games and deleting any left over files) reinstalling, disabling my firewall on install, and still no game will load.

Again there is no virtual environment its a clean install of windows 8.
Ea and origin does nothing but cause me head aches

I appreciate any help. I'm stumped.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hello Nodspy25,

Thanks for your feedback.
Do you mean you can not launch your game on Win8 system?

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

I cant launch games on my surface pro that runs windows 8.
My windows 8 desktop runs the same games just fine.

I get this error "this game will not run in a virtual environment" even though the closest thing to a "virtual environment" is the on screen keyboard (the surface has a touch screen)

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hi Nodspy25,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please provide me your OriginID, Email related OriginID and this thread link by PM?

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Pm sent

Thanks

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Got it.
I will create a ticket for your problem and escalate to the related team.
If we get any news, we will update the thread.
Thanks for your time.
[WWW]

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Got it.
I will create a ticket for your problem and escalate to the related team.
If we get any news, we will update the thread.
Thanks for your time.[/quote]

I have the same problem. I just bought a new Surface Pro and cannot play any of my games. Please fix as soon as possible. Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/2013 18:12:47

Same error message here on my brand new Surface Pro (i5, hd4000, etc.). Frustratingly tried to load all 28GB's of Battlefield 3 along with the Crysis 3 beta (and others); No go get the same error message.

I've loaded Steam and have been able to play all my games including CS:GO, The Witcher 2, The Darkness 2, Crysis 2, etc.

Please put this priority number one! You can't imagine how annoying it is to get a new tablet that's as fast as my 11inch Macbook Air and not be able to launch a single game on Origin (all these games play great on my little 11inch Macbook Air). Install goes okay, I can fully update, once I launch that annoying error message.

Looking at the task manager it looks like the green EA logo (activation UI executable).

Thanks!

I am receiving the same error message when I attempt to launch Battlefield 3 on my Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro.

I have the same problem with ME3 and my Surface Pro.

Surface Pro 128GB Model, Same Problem and error message here . Surface pro has some kinks man. Pressure sensitivity isn't recognized in photoshop/illustrator either. They are working with Adobe to fix that asap. Talk about running around. It's a new device, i understand though, hopefully soon.

Developer
[Avatar]

Thanks for the reports all.

We'll get this escalated up to the Origin Dev and EA Digital teams so they can understand that our customers want to play Origin games on these new platforms like Surface.

Edit: Also if anyone can grab a screenshot of that error that would be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/12/2013 09:58:40

EA_MikeNoface
Origin Live Support

Here you go:

Developer
[Avatar]

Update: We've obtained a couple of Surface Pros and are actively digging into this issue.

Stay tuned...

Thanks TripQue for the screenshot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/13/2013 15:32:38

EA_MikeNoface
Origin Live Support

My pleasure, thanks for keeping us updated!

TripQue
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: