[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Absolutely DISASTROUS reviews on Metacritic from users -- fresh reviews flooding...  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

These may be some of the worst reviews for any major release I've ever seen. An OVERWHLEMING amount of EXTREMELY negative reviews, many giving a "0".

Fresh and right out of the gate as of March 5th -- these people have played this game and they HATE it!

3.8 out of 10

Generally unfavorable

based on 152 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

The people who don't like something are the most vocal? Gee what a shock.

Who cares what people like that think. All you have to do is read any of those and realize they're not intelligent people, they're just coming online to rant because no one in their real life circle is willing to listen to them.

I'm enjoying the game very much, I guess I'm "wrong" and those people are "right," is that your opinion? Hilarious.

postembr2 Mar 5, 2013

Rating: 4

I dont like but i could even overlook all the issues with DRM, even accept that the game could be "constantly" paid by microtransactions, and the lack of real single, offline playing. But for me, what really kills this game from the beginning is the lack of a real map size. The current city plot size is just a joke. And its not only about simulation restrictions; EA/Maxis choose the poorest idea to keep performance at bay, by limiting physical size. Even if i wish to build a city with a lot of aesthetics, like avenues, curved roads, bridges, and so, i could not, because the space is so small. I cant even have farmland. That certainly wouldn't press performance, a lot of space with farms, but thay choose the size way, and i fear the reason was purely to charge for bigger plots. They could perfectly managed the "performance issues" with sims limit on city, blocking immigration, or even restrict the city to a certain number of buildings, but they choose to limit the size of the map, what is really dull. Plus, there is zero terraform options, so the game is essentially a simulator, constricted by what EA wishes, and we basically administrate some kind of pet cities that are limited by a magical barrier. Tunnels? Bridges? Anyone? No, basically the maps are just simple squares. Hell, if at least i could have some realistic tiny plots of land, shaped by some "natural limits" it wouldn't feel so empty. I have other minor complaints, like low graphic quality, and over cartunesque style, but i could even cope with that. But the city limitation is a real deal breaker for me."

SimCity Developers' Reddit AMA Swiftly Turns Into WTF With The Online-Only DRM?

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20121214/16262621391/simcity-developers-reddit-ama-swiftly-turns-into-wtf-with-online-only-drm.shtml

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/14umm1/we_are_the_simcity_dev_team_from_maxis_amaa/

Many many very angry people!

I'll ask you again.

So do you think that person is "right" and I'm "wrong?"

Many people bought the game and they can't even play it!

They are clearly pissed off -- and once they get in the game and are able to play it, they HATE IT! They HATE the small city sizes! What a rip off this is!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/2013 08:18:31

[Avatar]

As user madfoc wrote:
[quote][b]Ratings based on DRM alone are ridiculous and make a false representation of how good the game is.[/b] The servers will get smoothed out, its release day. Its made to be a different game than SC2000 or SC4. Small map size is the only con so far of this game.[/quote]

That's exactly why the score is so low. The rating system is intended to rate the game on its merits, not to be a platform to protest DRM practices. If you dislike the always-online feature, fine, and be sure to state your displeasure for it, but don't weight it so heavily in what's supposed to be a balanced game review.

This is one of the reasons why metacritic scores aren't terribly trustworthy, it comes from sources with extremely skewed values, instead of taking a balanced, reasoned approach to the merits and downfalls of a game.

[Avatar]

So many reviews with a score of 0. Those users reviews do not have any credibility in my eyes.

[quote=cubd1]
These may be some of the worst reviews for any major release I've ever seen. An OVERWHLEMING amount of EXTREMELY negative reviews, many giving a "0".
[/quote]

^^ This is why metacritic should be taken with a grain of salt.
You give a 0 when a game is broken and unplayable. Like so many games before it ppl knew what they were getting into and still decided to flame it regardless. And how you can give a full review after a hour?

Anyway, i'll have to wait till the 8th and keep my eye on other sources too before i can give a verdict.

And as already said. Anyone playing it to his/her hearts content wont be posting anytime soon.

Uh huh. Ok, have fun with yourself. Yell and scream to anyone who will pay attention. Clearly that's what you're here for.

I've played the game multiple times with ZERO issues so I will ask you again

Are they "right" and I'm "wrong?"

[Avatar]

mva5580 wrote:The people who don't like something are the most vocal? Gee what a shock.

Who cares what people like that think. All you have to do is read any of those and realize they're not intelligent people, they're just coming online to rant because no one in their real life circle is willing to listen to them.

I'm enjoying the game very much, I guess I'm "wrong" and those people are "right," is that your opinion? Hilarious.

QFT!

Like I said yesterday in another post. The people who hate always online DRM will come out of hiding just to complain. They have multiple Metacritic accounts they use to complain and most don't even own the game.

most of the reviews there are from trolls who haven't even played the game, and wrote the review based on beta, or nothing at all

[Avatar]

No one cares what the user reviews are. They did this at launch for ME3 and no one cared then either.

Riggaz wrote:Excuse me? Don't presume to tell me how to think you arrogant terd. im having a great time, if you're not go somewhere else

Purgatori Mar 5, 2013

rating: 3

Played this game for 6 hours. DO NOT BUY IT. I got disconnected from the server 3 times...you cannot save your own game! So there is no more let me test and reload if it doesn't work. I started over at least 10 times while getting used to some of the features. The city size is just unacceptable. Its not a city AT ALL...More like a village. You will fill it up in an hour. I'm already bored with the game. I won't even get into the always on drm...its a terrible move IMO...but in addition to that the game is not worth the money. I gave it a 3 because some of the new features are neat and useful but its they aren't enough to save the experience. Buy tomb raider instead.

I am personally fine with the map size.
How many times do they have to say that this is a reboot of the franchise and in no way SimCity 5.
This game focus's on the Simulation aspect and in that aspect it is marvelous!
If people want massive pretty looking metropolises but poor simulation play Cities XL.

SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: