[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
I'm done. I want my money back.  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

Do I just have to contact these clowns through the Origin service?

I'm tired of the bad PR, the shaky servers losing whatever cities I do have time to build, the other people in the region who abandon their city and then leave ghost towns behind, the overall launch of the game, the city scale is horrendous and results in having to choose which buildings to delete to make more room.

I'm tired of having to check these forums to see if other people are having similar problems. I'm tired of EA treating us all like ATM machines. F** you EA. I really wanted to like this game. I really did.

But, I'm done.

See you after maintenance.

Lol, in 2 days when these problems will most likely be gone your going to whine about giving up the game.

Cleveland- At least we're not Detroit

It's kind of hard to be nice about it when your support system is not practical. I just waited through the web chat for 90 min, then the guy says no refund but to call this # *. So I Call it. My estimated time on hold is 3478 minutes. Do you really expect someone to be nice if they have to wait 2 and half days just to get help?

This game is a huge step backwards for the SimCity franchise. I guess contacting my bank is the only sensible solution.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2013 14:45:18

[Avatar]

I'm going to assume you haven't experienced many mmo launches and/or aren't looking at this as one.

But this is pretty much an mmo launch, and there's pretty much never been a smooth one. Welcome to the party.

[quote=n8thegr8forlife]Lol, in 2 days when these problems will most likely be gone your going to whine about giving up the game.[/quote]

My complaint isn't even about the server load or poor launch. It's about the always connected DRM crap to play single player, and that the game isn't even that fun or in depth. So many things from older SimCity games have been cut that made it fun and in depth.

laying pipes
power lines
SUBWAYS!!!
terraforming your plot
the lack of options. 8 regions? Only a few of them are 16 slots? Laaaaame
no agriculture
the multiplayer meta game is a joke

This is a huge step backwards for the franchise.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/06/2013 12:44:39

good. but this isn't the return desk. If your returning it, close the forum and return the game.

but... your not gonna return anything... you just want to whine... save it.

Adrian: I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. I can offer you a 15% off coupon from Origin with your next purchase.
Adrian: I am sorry, but I can not offer you a refund.
you: Why can't you offer me a refund?
you: Your product is defective
Adrian: Return Policy
you: I can call my bank and have the refund done that way.
Adrian: I can offer to assist you with any trouble shooting issues.
you: Why can Amazon users get refunds but I can't?
Adrian: That is understandable, but I must inform you that if you choose to dispute it, your account will be banned.
Adrian: I am sorry, but I can not speak on another company's policy.
Adrian: Now this just released.
you: I am at a loss of words
Adrian: So the servers are having issues, with more servers opening up as other countries release then we will show these issues resolving themselves.
you: Yes, but it is not capacity demand I am debating
Adrian: I can understand this causing frustrations and I do apologize for this.
you: Your servers are not the issue
you: The game/back end is
you: "Game updates" are not an excuse to hide behind
Adrian: I am sorry, but I am not able to process a refund.
Adrian: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
you: You were offering refunds according to your press release!!!!
you: In response to the launch day trouble Hatam said " If you regrettably feel that we left you down, you can of course request a refund for your order at http://help.origin.com/contact-us , though we are currently still in the process of resolving this issue. "
you: Why lie??
you: I have done nothing wrong in expecting what is quoted.
Adrian: That is correct, that this is where you can request a refund, but as our policy is stating it is also the our discretion to process a refund.
you: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/210/9330019.page#top
you: Process a refund.
Adrian: As I stated before, we are not able to offer a refund.
Adrian: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
you: This chat text goes viral.
you: Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/06/2013 12:49:12

They would be nice if they refund it, your complaining about game features that was your choice to buy the game. If you open a game and take it back to any store and try to return because you don't like it they won't take it. If you are going to complain about how the game plays you should have did more research or waited to buy it instead of jumping on it as soon as you could.

It's kind of hard to be nice about it when your support system is not practical. I just waited through the web chat for 90 min, then the guy says no refund but to call this # *. So I Call it. My estimated time on hold is 3478 minutes. Do you really expect someone to be nice if they have to wait 2 and half days just to get help?

This game is a huge step backwards for the SimCity franchise. I guess contacting my bank is the only sensible solution.[/quote]

Yes, it is expected that you still be nice, are you some kind of animal? It's very frustrating what's happened, and like you I'll be looking for a refund. But I also know that the people who take your calls are usually at the bottom of the totem pole. They had no hand in the production of the game, and nobody higher up gives a damn what they think, so yelling at them is pointless.

I would hope that if you have even the slightest concept of civility (and I'm sure that you do) you'll find a way to get your point across, without acting like a colossal jerk. You might even find that you get better results.

Good luck!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2013 14:45:47

KoooZ wrote:I'm going to assume you haven't experienced many mmo launches and/or aren't looking at this as one.

But this is pretty much an mmo launch, and there's pretty much never been a smooth one. Welcome to the party.

I'm going to assume you haven't experienced an MMO launch in the last few years. SW:TOR, Tera and Guild Wars 2 were all more stable than this. This has been such a *-poor launch it's bordering on the Diablo 3 fiasco.

(They aren't taking refunds, despite saying they will be taking refunds.)

I am enjoying the game.

[Avatar]

[quote=Ethice][quote=christorawr]Do I just have to contact these clowns through the Origin service?

[/quote]

You'll get an refund, but try being nice about it. They are people, just like you and me [/quote]

seriously. some people have major manner problems.

[quote=Vonix08]They would be nice if they refund it, your complaining about game features that was your choice to buy the game. If you open a game and take it back to any store and try to return because you don't like it they won't take it. If you are going to complain about how the game plays you should have did more research or waited to buy it instead of jumping on it as soon as you could.[/quote]

Well it doesn't help that half the cities I try to build get out of sync errors.

I think the DRM always online crap is the biggest negative to this game. Game play is fine, lacking features I kind of expected.

And to the guy who said "just take it back". The hold time for Origin telephone support is 3400+ minutes.
SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: