[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Successful Method of Refunding  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

Hello,

This isn't a rant, I just wanted to know if anyone has been successful in getting a refund? (I assume if it was yes they wouldn't be hanging around on the EA Forums anymore)

I understand the "bugs and kinks" are being worked out but this is extremely frustrating and I feel so ripped off of my $70 and time. I don't really feel like playing (or attempting to play) anymore. All this hype for this big launch and this is what it ends up being? Couple of servers, all backed up, disconnecting, servers down, up,down,up..

This is very frustrating and if I do find a successful way to get a refund, I will stay away from EA products forever, sorry I knew I should have listen to the critics, I'm just a joe not a fanboy so this is kind of a terrible experience for a game I used to play 10yrs ago, thought it would be better than this..

Thanks,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2013 05:11:08

i also want to get a refund.
i bought from Origin so i could play as soon as it came out. There's plenty of other places i could get it cheaper. But i went with the dear option because i thought it would be stable and i could play on day 1

If you purchased your game from Amazon all you need to do is request a refund from them and they'll give it to you, even if you have already activated the product on Origin.

If you purchased directly from Origin, your best bet is to initiate a Chargeback dispute with your bank or credit card company under "nonfuctioning product" or similar category. Note that if you do this EA will ban your Origin account, but you will get your money back and you won't have lost anything but a non-functioning Simcity anyway (assuming you don't have other games on Origin).

[quote=Clyxtwo]If you purchased your game from Amazon all you need to do is request a refund from them and they'll give it to you, even if you have already activated the product on Origin.

If you purchased directly from Origin, your best bet is to initiate a Chargeback dispute with your bank or credit card company under "nonfuctioning product" or similar category. Note that if you do this EA will ban your Origin account, but you will get your money back and you won't have lost anything but a non-functioning Simcity anyway (assuming you don't have other games on Origin).[/quote]

Thanks for the tip!

Refunds are only for boxed copies of the game, if you still have your receipt. I believe you get seven days to bring it back to the store. There are very good laws for this.

Downloaded content is never refundable.

At least thats the way it is in Europe.

[Avatar]

I have 5 minutes left waiting to contact EA, I'll let you know how it goes

[quote=Mansoon4]Refunds are only for boxed copies of the game, if you still have your receipt. I believe you get seven days to bring it back to the store. There are very good laws for this.

At least thats the way it is in Europe.[/quote]

Happy that i bought the boxed version from a local store

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2013 05:22:52

[quote=Shiggs713]I have 5 minutes left waiting to contact EA, I'll let you know how it goes[/quote]

Thanks

I downloaded it on Origin... and if the game isnt working when I get home, I am going to make their day(s) hell if they refuse my request for a refund

[quote=Mansoon4]Refunds are only for boxed copies of the game, if you still have your receipt. I believe you get seven days to bring it back to the store. There are very good laws for this.

At least thats the way it is in Europe.[/quote]

Damn, I have the downloaded "delxue (which is such a rip off)" edition. Lesson learned, do not download anything that is supported by EA because you will get screwed. - Noob

Well I guess I have to put my tail between my legs, wait out this chaos and play when EA tells me to, remember the good old days when you popped in a disc and it was just you and the game. Not controlled like little ants.. I feel so stupid buying this game. Ugh.

I believe others have already been refused and they've copied and pasted the conversations they've had with reps.

[Avatar]

Fr0stByte24 wrote:

Damn, I have the downloaded "delxue (which is such a rip off)" edition. Lesson learned, do not download anything that is supported by EA because you will get screwed. - Noob

I have that one too, and the only complaint I have is that my sims are constantly demanding for Maxisman. People should really take it easy. The launch is awfull, but it will sort out over time. Devs are working day and night on this.

I heard some people actually took a day off from work to play this. I guess that wisdom comes with the ages.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2013 05:30:38

[quote=Fr0stByte24]Hello,

This isn't a rant, I just wanted to know if anyone has been successful in getting a refund? (I assume if it was yes they wouldn't be hanging around on the EA Forums anymore)

I understand the "bugs and kinks" are being worked out but this is extremely frustrating and I feel so ripped off of my $70 and time. I don't really feel like playing (or attempting to play) anymore. All this hype for this big launch and this is what it ends up being? Couple of servers, all backed up, disconnecting, servers down, up,down,up..

This is very frustrating and if I do find a successful way to get a refund, I will stay away from EA products forever, sorry I knew I should have listen to the critics, I'm just a joe not a fanboy so this is kind of a terrible experience for a game I used to play 10yrs ago, thought it would be better than this..

Thanks,

[/quote]

Don't worry, just be patient. The launch of this game is being a mess but in a couple of weeks the game will work properly and we'll forget about it. And in 5 years, we'll buy Sim City 6 day one, and the launch will be a mess again, and we'll scream and swear but in a couple of weeks all will be forgotten, and then we'll buy Sim City 7 day one and...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2013 05:43:11

[Avatar]

so here's where we stand right now;

[quote]Cian Thanks for contacting EA games Support! My name is Cian , can I take your name and email address please?
you ____________________________
Cian Thank you Adam, how can I help you?
you yes I would like a refund on a faulty product; SimCity
Cian Ok what I will do here is pass you through to Origin support on this issue.
Cian Did you purchase the game from origin?
you yes
you I would like the game to be deactivated and my CC refunded
Cian ok, I shall pass you through to Origin Support to deal with this for you Adam.
Cian One moment
Please wait while we get this chat session where it needs to go.
You are not currently in a chat session.[/quote]

[quote=Shiggs713]so here's where we stand right now;

[quote]Cian Thanks for contacting EA games Support! My name is Cian , can I take your name and email address please?
you ____________________________
Cian Thank you Adam, how can I help you?
you yes I would like a refund on a faulty product; SimCity
Cian Ok what I will do here is pass you through to Origin support on this issue.
Cian Did you purchase the game from origin?
you yes
you I would like the game to be deactivated and my CC refunded
Cian ok, I shall pass you through to Origin Support to deal with this for you Adam.
Cian One moment
Please wait while we get this chat session where it needs to go.
You are not currently in a chat session.[/quote][/quote]

That was helpfull
SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: