[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Every single server is busy...at noon...  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

Looks like I won't be playing for a 3rd day in a row (bought it at 12:01am launch day) Every single * server is busy now...imagine how bad its going to be when others start getting out of school and off work. ITS NOON, AND EVERY SERVER IS BUSY ON A WEEKDAY...doubt I'll get to play at all this weekend either.

Jesus this is just plain ridiculous. I don't even know what to think.

Words can't even grasp this level of failure.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/08/2013 10:15:05

Oh yeah i totaly understand your frustration. been trying to get on a damn server to play since 10am EST. I can get into the menu screen fine but can't connect to their crappy servers. its now 1:15pm EST and all the servers are listed as Busy. Whatever their doing to "help" us so we can play is NOT working. i'm really considering just calling up my bank and taking my 60 bucks back and having my account banned. 60 bucks > this rediculous unplayable game, my Origin account, AND DEALING WITH EA.

I was able to get in about 30 minutes ago (after trying 2-3 hours) but the game failed to notice I had connected my city to the highway and refused to let me build anything. Now I can't even get past the launcher.

Been trying for hours and can't connect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkUl-zn27ps

The solution is to provide users an offline single player mode so at least users can use the software when all servers are busy/full

I am just confused with the whole server thing.

Its acting all random. Yesterday night i had server problems all day and night, didnt get in. Yesterday night/afternoon i got on with no problems for a good few hours (Europe West 4), - im in Australia. Oceania i couldnt, server d/c. Early tomorrow night im up for work and want to get a good 45min out of SimCity to setup a region for me and the mates for when i finish work - can't', both Europe West 4 and Oceania.

Now on EW4 it says "BUSY" - login, then d/c, but on Oceania it says Available and gives me a queue?

The "Busy, Full, Available" dosnt reflect to what it really is and is not consistent. But this morning on such a small timeframe to play i find that DRM really needs to go, and previously i didn't really care, but in reality i want to play WHEN i can (work alot at random times) and don't have a big time to play, when i do i want to relax from my stress job and enjoy myself, and not worry about what server works best at this time, and so on.

Hmm i woke up on the wrong side of the bed .

Happy Simming!

Give it a few months to a year and if enough players rage-quit the game maybe a few very very lucky players will get in on their server.

It's because of the european launch. Noon on the east coast is the start of prime-time for Europe. The lack of servers for this "game" is a disgrace.

Last EA game I'll ever buy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/08/2013 10:43:50

[quote=cwg9]It's because of the european launch. Noon on the east coast is the start of prime-time for Europe. The lack of servers for this "game" is a disgrace.[/quote]

Exactly.

EA is crap.

Maxis is crap for going with them.

And from what little I've played of the game when I could get in (and, of course, get kicked out by a busy server) the game itself is crap.

[Avatar]

I know Xfire isn't a solid measurement, but SC4 is still ranked higher than SC 2013.

It just amazes me that with all the hype this game has gotten the devs could not have forseen some of these problems. Perhaps a lesson could be learned from Eve Online that typically handles 50 to 60 thousand players at one time in a much more interactive enviroment on ONE server.

[Avatar]

epicentreX wrote:The solution is to provide users an offline single player mode so at least users can use the software when all servers are busy/full

Main problem with that is that EA wants us online, they want us to shop in the cash shop, the more people play offline the less chance of getting them to shop in your cash shop. It's a problem for EA, but not one that we should have to be concerned about ourselcves.

Yes, there should be an offline mode that doesn't interact with leadergboards and the like.

Will we ever get it? Not likely at this point. Maxis will remain staunch that they're choice to have it online only is the right one until enough players quit that the servers can finally handle the load.

Regardless what the server status says, its' *. I've seen busy servers listed and gotten immediately into them, then tried available servers and been in a queue. I think the choice of available (green) busy (yellow) full (red) just depends on the monkey that Maxis hired to input one of the choices and it's done based on what that monkeys favorite color is at the moment.

It's a load of bunk, this NEEDS to be resolved already, 3 days of this is starting to show they have no idea what to do to fix this. Turning off features is the last desperate act of a man sinking in his job because he doesn't know what else to do.

Maxis, I do not think Available means what you think it means!

No large city tiles - Won't be purchasing any DLC!
[WWW]
SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: