If you're a willing community member you can find the publicly editable bugs list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJpc_6f2r-e82oyO_AHglCxHsXc9-1GZabRZvpJFJRk/edit?usp=sharing
Add and edit the list as you see fit. Anyone can add to it and edit it. I will keep an eye on it to prevent trolling and will rollback as necessary!
(Please respond to this Google Form to help with organizing the list based on most encountered bug! Thank you! - It's a long list, so make sure you have time. )
I copied this thread over to AnswerHQ as well to help get the list recognized. You can view it here. (We got stickied here too):
The issues on this thread may not specifically be a coding bug, but a nuisance that could use some tweaking/changes. If you know which issues are bugs and not just annoying, let me know. It's time to better organize this list. Thank you.
PLEASE CONFIRM IF THESE ARE BUGS.
- Water Tables not replenishing from rain fall
- Service AI not being very efficient (Ex. 10 Firetrucks fighting a single fire)
- Trade Depot paying double the price for half the load (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grvH2u2PPtg
- Recycling plant doesn't produce (alloy, plastic, metal) either fast enough or at all.
- Over-exaggerated profits from Processor plant.
- Gifting credits to another city sometimes doesn't make it and the funds are lost.
- Water & power sometimes take forever to fully saturate a city.
- Trade centers won't always export - end up with full depots.
- Street car tracks "Not Connected" when they are. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9351958.page
- Hazmat Fire Trucks do not respond to hazmat fires.
- Sending resources to great works is highly unreliable.
- Closing Simcity while loading a city (through the X button while in windowed mode) will cause Simcity and Origin to crash
- Unable to claim a second city in private region.
- Infinite demand for medium wealth residence
- More sims move in, don't work then run out of money even though jobs are available.
- Fire Helicopter & MaxisMan not being able to extinguish fires. They sometimes "bounce" on the intended target without extinguishing the fire. This tends to happen on larger buildings
- Buildings will sometimes blink. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9353612.page
- Not possible to place City Hall upgrades after disaster. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9353454.page
- Airports: Building an Air port, then building a Firestation Helipad, then closing (Not destroying), Helipads will still function normally with the Air Port closed. Note: Helipads are not able to be constructed while the Air Port has been closed.
- Highway: Cars coming into and out-of the city prefer a single lane.
- Radiation does not disappear, but may increase with intensity.
- Instant High-Density: Destroying [Avenues] will cause the area to become instantly prone to high-density.
- Profit from casinos not applying to treasury funds. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9354105.page
- Industry that bypasses medium value doesn't count towards unlocking things like the Processor Factory.
- City stuck on "Currently Processing. Come back soon to play or visit."
- Screen goes black when in the bulldoze menu.
- Population/worker ratio incorrect. (Intended?) (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9347991.page
- Buses, when full, will stop at a station that is full, unload, load, move forward slightly, then repeat.
- All service vehicles will not cross bridges/ramps.
- Buses/streetcars do not disappear when the corresponding building is set to "Off"
- Eventually students will stop going to school.
- High traffic on roads possibly causing sewage backup?
- Selling of services (Water, Sewage, Power) not correctly being available to other cities.
- Ferries sometimes cannot dock and will float around in circles.
- Trade HQ sign not ploppable - removed when placed.
- Electronics Dept.'s description states that it unlocks the Plastic Storage requirement at Trade Docks, but the Trade Dock does not list it as a requirement.
- Advanced Coal Mine Shafts have a large amount of open area not originally a part of the space requirement.
- Able to place parks and some other buildings while visiting another city. (That is not owned by yourself)
- If a city hall upgrade section is destroyed by a disaster, a new section cannot be placed until reaching the next upgrade level. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9353454.page
- Sometimes a School bus will get stuck at a school and appear to be bouncing slightly and will also not allow other buses to enter.
- Buildings sometimes are constructed on top of each other.
- Vehicles sometimes get stuck completely, requiring you to demolish the section of road and replace it.
- Freight and passenger ships sometimes "dock" in weird places such as land, or nowhere near the dock.
- Water is completely black if not watching from the right angle?
- Regular firetrucks put out HazMat fires.
- Buildings providing faulty tips. (Ex. A home complaining of no shops when literally next to a shop.)
- 'Dumb' Traffic AI.
- Shops/industrial complaining about no workers while residential complains about no work.
- People can still enter a private Region without being invited.
- Even with a power deficit of -350 MW, power to buildings remain active.
- SimCity launcher crashes if Mumble is open in the background.
- Having more than one recycling facility causes both to not work correctly or even at all.
- Bulldozing Mayor Mansion after upgrades resets the requirements allowing you to get more upgrades with lower approval rating.
- Smelting plant, Electronics Factory, etc still available if you bulldoze the required headquarters.
- Random Origin crashes in background causing SimCity to close down as it is required to play.
- Estimated amount of resources usually way off.
- If heavy rail crosses an avenue with a streetcar track, trains will not use the railroad or visit the train station(s)
- Recycling in some buildings will be ignored indefinitely (occurred with more than 1 recycling so possibly related to the listed bug?)
- No garbage appears on the garbage overlay, yet the statistic shows that not all garbage was picked up. (same with recycling)
- "Build an Arcology"Quest lists wrong resources needed (Processors and Crude Oil)
- Ambulances sometimes won't leave the clinic to pick up sims.
- Sims sometimes jump to the clinic from their homes.
- Parks report too many undesirables or homeless, but stats show homeless at 0.
- Getting rolled back causes Town Hall upgrades to not share between other cirty's in the region.
- Some buildings/items disappear once plopped in a plop-able spot. No money lost, but must plop elsewhere for building to actually exist.
- Crashing when loading several different cities per session.
- Smog clouds appearing from non-existent cities.
- Commercial buildings don't need industrial for freight.
- Mission speech bubbles sometimes have programming language instead of text. (Ex: "You have ~current_time:number~^choose:~current_time~:Hour:Hours^ Left!"
-Skilled and High educated workers won't commute to create High tech industries in another city. (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Bug-report-Industrial-tech-level-in-the-region-and/m-p/738404/highlight/false#M36309
- City that needs 110L of water, another one can sell 150L. First city will only buy 100L.
- Lizard fire remains even though the lizard disappeared. (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Giant-Lizard-bug/m-p/741128/highlight/false#M36855
- Track doesn't connect to anything when it should. (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Train-tracks-not-connected/m-p/713310/highlight/false#M30881
- If you bulldoze cheap or nice rooms at the lowest Casino, the Casino keeps "room" for as many people who were in the rooms when you bulldozed them.
- Game sometimes only handles one direction of flowing traffic at a time.
- If the lizard disaster destroys your Department of Tourism and you build it back then landmarks and casinos no longer add revenue to the treasury.
- Delivery trucks for great works do 2 U-turns at the highway piece leading to the Great Work till they finally "enter" the construction site, but w/o updating the amount of delivered materials(also they get stuck in traffic that shouldn't exist there when getting out).
- In Region view other/odd trading trucks might attempt to deliver stuff to a great work.
- Coal delivery Truck from one of the smaller trading posts wanted to deliver, went back and vanished in a park n ride (with 5 tons coal)
I know there are a lot more, so post them below and I will continue to add them.
I'll even compile a list of ideas here too:
- Region Wide Sports (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9351830.page
- In-game server selector
- Larger Regions
- Larger City Plots
- Ghost Roads (Planning Roads) (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9338099.page
- Agriculture Specialization
- A Proper Skip Tutorial button/make it optional.
- Restarting A City (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9337982.page
- Natural Gas Power Option (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9322681.page
- Streetcars and Buses should generate money for a city.
- A Prison
- The large hospital should have a larger catch radius in my opinion.
- People should drive to the hospital instead of just try to walk.
- Region Filter (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9350087.page
- Adding more tracks for trains to run on (Increasing capacity)
- Subways and monorail lines.
- Save cities locally and send the save to the servers every 15 minutes.
- A virtual supply of Alloy, Plastics, ect. until more players produce them. (Prices are ridiculous. Ex. 48k for Alloy)
- Freight Modification/Additions (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9353375.page
- Train Stations snap to roads.
- Emergency Service Right of Way.
- Zoo's and Theme Parks (Carnival/Six Flags) (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9354015.page#27559409
- Add a cancel button to server selection screen.
- In-game Shout Box to leave messages for offline Mayors.
- Region Objective Board to let others know what you need.
- Regional Admin capabilities. (Ex. Vote to kick inactive city)
- Ability to designate One Way Streets (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9354268.page
- Expense map overlay. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9346280.page
- Active Building map overlay. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9346280.page
- Road Density map overlay (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9346280.page
- Add a rotate option for plopping major buildings.
- Bus lanes that emergency vehicles can use to assist the city. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9355232.page
- Water Tables should deplete as a whole instead of just the land area beneath a pump.
- Large Fire Stations should start with at least 1 more firetruck.
- More ways to enter the city. (highway)
- Cricket Pitch
- Ability to adjust individual sound effects.
- Ploppable fire-hydrants that reduce the amount of time it takes to put out fires.
- Ability to rename ploppable buildings, such as renaming of parks.
- A 16 player region where all plots are connected by something.
- Italy Themed set.
- Ability to reject deals or cancel deals with other players.
- High Density Streets should have a central left turn lane.
- Sims should try to make a left or right as needed, but if straight is available should use it and double back if needed.
- Phantom region traffic causing traffic jams. If you're the only city in a region there should be minimal traffic from other regions.
- Details on Workers needed/Shoppers that can be satified and maximum/actual amount of inhabitants.
- Freight that is produced/needed per hour when clicking on a building.
- Adding hints that factory xy in specialisation adds Air/Ground pollution in the tooltip.
- Advanced modules for ploppable factories to lower air pollution per "production" module (University, Department of engineering)
- Bigger trucks (More Capacity)
- Accidents and small disasters, e.g. traffic accidents, with responding police, ambulance and firetrucks needed to clear the streets.
- People acting outside the perfect ideal, e.g. speeding, DUI.
- Corruption - proposals from corporations with possibility for rewards, but also the possibility to get caught and maybe a fine.
- Walkways. I would like to designate roads for walking and cycling only.
- Sports. I would love to close down my city center for a couple of hours to arrange a bicycle event, or a large marathon though my streets.
- Religion, churches, mosques, temples, etc.
- Old people
- Funerals, cemetery.
- Nightlife, drunk people, people fighting in the streets, rapes. Normal police problems.
- MC crime, syndicates.
- Fat people, with possibility to launch campaigns and build gyms.
- Drug problems that need to be contained by health or police, or not at all?
- Able to see regional view and visit other cities while visiting a city. Currently, you have to go back to your city first.
- Casino hotel rooms should provide income (it appears they currently don't)
- Save the city files locally. If the server and local files match, load local files. This would significantly speed up city load times and decrease bandwidth
- Environmental clean-up crew which speeds up pollution clean-up (cleans up ground pollution, removes radiation)
- When the first response vehicle arrives at the scene, all other response vehicles are canceled and will return to patrol or station.
- Allow a reconnect to server button on the main menu.
- Abandoned buildings should show what density and wealth they were.
- Greatwork: Great Mall - Needs Metal, Plastic, Alloy and TVs (maybe), Accepts freight, provides jobs, fulfills shopping desire.
- Military buildings to make bases.
- Defend or helps regions in natural disasters. Advanced research for more buildings, great works, or technology.
- Future and or past city themes.
- Asian, Arabic, Russian, and other city themes...not just a building or two...entire reskinning.
- Variable seasons - hot / cold
- Resorts like beach, ski, golf course etc
- Big water parks like wave pools, slides, lazy river etc
- More culture
- Car Racing, horse racing, dog races... Gambling?
- Farms, ranches, livestock
- Other types of sports fields besides soccer and baseball
- A building creator
- Modding support
- Incorporation of the sims 3 person and house into simcity to be mayors house.
- Nation flags from real life countries
- A link up between regions with a region to region great work.
- Olympic sports stadium Great Work.
- Y connections (no crossover for pedestrians),
- Default 90 degree turn
- The ability to decide where people can crossover
- Walkbridge over road or walktunnel to avoid traffic jams in bigcities.
- Oneway Roads
- Welfare institution to get homeless out of parks/abandoned buildings and reintegrate them.
- Ploppable traffic lights - Traffic light control ability. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9360023.page
- Suspended Metro
- Over highways
- Helicopter landing for Airports
- A Italian city set with Colosseum with Roman/Tuscany buildings.
- Add a helicopter to the Hospital
- Media Structures from New Paper sellers and expansion to news , broadcasters with copter , journalists etc , TV stations
- Holiday resort style expansion.
- Allow more wonders to be selected according to the size of the city .
- Trade Depots/Ports: Ability to limit amount of goods to purchase.