[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
SimCity  > Game Suggestions

1. Fire Helicopter & MaxisMan are not able to extinguish fires. They sometimes "bounce" on the intended target without extinguishing the fire. This tends to happen around larger buildings.

2. Buildings will sometimes "blink". Some will become semi-transparent (Day) or disappear completely (Night). This'll happen on large, heavy density buildings.

3. Air Ports: Building an Air port, then building a Firestation Helipad, then closing (Not destroying), Helipads will still function normally with the Air Port closed. Note: Helipads are not able to be constructed while the Air Port has been closed.

4. Highway: Cars coming into and out-of the city prefer a single lane.

5. Radiation does not disappear, but may increase with intensity.

6. Instant High-Density: Destroying [Avenues] will cause the area to become instantly prone to high-density.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/2013 12:09:42

Ion Storm Approaching...

Updated.

Ion Storm Approaching...

The issue with the Helipads is the same as the streetcars. If you close the depot you have to manually close all the stations or the streetcars keep running.
There is one thing that I don't get, I had to close a bunch of services so save some money, but then I found out there is no way to know which services are working or not. Do I have to remenber, or write it down so I can turn those services on again? I think SC4 had that kind of information
And finally there is a lot of problems with fire trucks, police cars and ambulances, they have prority in the real world why don't they have it in the game? Not to even talk about having 12 firetrucks in my city, and none shows up to extiguish a fire, actually they come from another city. weird stuff going on in the game.

I'll add it to the compiled list found here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9352838.page

You think SimCity's launch was bad, try living through Diablo 3's launch week.

Have a bug or an idea you'd like to see fixed/added? Post it here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9352838.page
[WWW]

As far as priority goes, they do. But if they're stuck in the middle of a traffic jam... there's no way for them to go. If there's a median, they'll drive over that. But a car can only get out of the way if it's capable of moving.

Ion Storm Approaching...

+1 on flickering buildings from me. I just had it this morning - two high rises that went up yesterday flicker randomly. It seems to be only at certain combinations of viewing angle and zoom.

I have too that same flickering building problem, but it go away, when I adjust the shadows from graphic settings lower...
I have GTX 580 graphic card, so I have enough power... but I think that there's some bugs what makes those buildings do that
Sorry my bad english...

SimCity 3000 (Great) -> SimCity Societies (Nice idea, but overall lags) -> SimCity 4 Deluxe (Really great) -> SimCity (2013) (Nice, but need more work to do...)

Acer Predator G5910 with i7-2600K, GTX 580, 16Gb RAM, Sound Blaster Z, 128Gb SSD + 1Tb HDD

Fire trucks, ambulances, buses, streetcars and school buses go around the block several times before stopping at the correct building or stop

Multiple fire trucks going to one fire when there are multiple

Highway traffic causing inability to transport anything between cities (a one lane exit is all my city gets? My 200k sims all use one lane to come and go from my city... *face palm*)

Recycling centers stop producing for no apparent reason (very very annoying)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/11/2013 00:38:02

Niixxx wrote:Recycling centers stop producing for no apparent reason (very very annoying)

Its a known bug. They stop producing when you send garbage trucks to neighbor cities. When they come back with recycling material and put that into YOUR recycling plant - it stops working/producing (20/20 tons). Simply send your trucks back to only collect your city and rebuild the recycling plant. Fixed it for me...

waste water isnt load balanced and will go to the closest treatment plant when there is more then one

some things are marked as "Profit per day" and others are "Profit Per Month" pick one use the same labeling for ever thing please

TheOrigin wrote:
Niixxx wrote:Recycling centers stop producing for no apparent reason (very very annoying)

Its a known bug. They stop producing when you send garbage trucks to neighbor cities. When they come back with recycling material and put that into YOUR recycling plant - it stops working/producing (20/20 tons). Simply send your trucks back to only collect your city and rebuild the recycling plant. Fixed it for me...

Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Today I've just encounter another streetcar bug. Apparently I had an earthquake and I had to disable some services. Streetcars were bugging me for some time due to long wait times on the stops so instead of switching my two depots off, I just bulldozed them as well as the stops. Then an idea popped into my head and I rebuilt the streetcar network and plopped the depots back, but hey! My old vehicles were still rolling down the city. Now I pay for only 6 cars, but I have 10 of them in my town.

Please improve the join game feature.
It will be great to filter searching a game/region which has empty slots to fill in; and searching the games the friends are playing in.

these are the things i have thought of while playing this game,

my fire trucks circle the block many times before they stop at the fire. My citizens are protesting high crime though everything in the graphs says my police protection is great. roads randomly become disconnected or have sections become missing. my industrial tax is set to 8 percent across the board though all my industrial businesses complain about high taxes. I think you should be able to set how much of your water, sewage, and power you give to other cities my neighbor build his city and sucked up all my resources and I had to scramble to produce more. there dosent seem to be any commercial rail buildings. you should be able to build new roads and subways to other cites in your region.
SimCity  > Game Suggestions
Go to: