[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Its time to do something with the EA server disconnects  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion

This is the only game that anyone in my house has a problem with. Between myself and my kids, we have 40,000 points on our Gamertags, and have played every type of game, that connect to alot of different servers, including other games that connect to EA, and TW is the only one that we get disconnected from. We never loose connection to XBOX live, just EA.... Its frustrating to be winning a game, then just get disconnected and loose points and get a DNF!!

I agree with you...well....the server went dwn lastnight and i see a post by cam above...Im hoping they get all the problems fixed and dont do a rush job just to get it back up. Take your time EA do it right, and while its down take a look @ Drinkinsix post about the lobby set up. Fix the lobby to at least know what type of games are posted !!

[Avatar]

once again, this happens every year for the first few weeks...things will more than likely work themselves out

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/cccgolfer08
Member of The Games Village (5-time King of the Hill Champs)
Join The Games Village here: thegamesvillage.com
[WWW] [Yahoo!]

Yes, ccc, this does happen every year which makes it all the more inexcusable. And no, they don't ever really get it worked out, just slowed down but the disconnects are always there no matter how long since the game has been released.

Like so many other problems with this game that carry over from year to year to year there really is no reason to expect they (EA) will fix it now or anytime soon. Other than EA, I don't know of an employer anywhere who would allow these kinds of repeated failures.

Yes, this needs to be fixed. Monday I finished a round in a live tournament with a score good for 4th, and the server dumped as I went to submit my score, and didn't accept my round. Today I was playing a round and had just moved into the top 10 with 9 holes to go, and the EA server drops me again. I didn't lose my Live connection, just the EA one.

If you can't stabilize your servers you need to drop the one try only on the live tournaments until you can. I'm sick of losing rounds that I can't replay because your backend is not working properly.

xbox.RTShoe wrote:

If you can't stabilize your servers you need to drop the one try only on the live tournaments until you can. I'm sick of losing rounds that I can't replay because your backend is not working properly.

Ditto

Currently I've attempted 32 rounds of Live Tournaments & have been able to submit 28 of those rounds.(21 Tour Daily's, 5 Amateur Daily's & 6 Tour Weekly Rounds, 1 disconnect on Tier 5 Tour, 1 on Daily Tour, 1 on True-Aim & 1 on a Tour Weekly Tournament.)
Currently able to submit 87.5% of my rounds.(I know I need to get a live )

I've played around 40 online matches & have had 3 disconnects.
My DNF is still at 0%

Dave

PS3 (DLW1964)
Tour Pro
Caddy & Pins OFF!!!!!
Single-Try Only!!!!!

I've had about 40 online matches as well and finished every one of them. Yet, I have a DNF % of 15. What a joke. Four straight matches, winning two and losing two and I get 4 straight DNF's.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/16/2010 08:12:40

I have had no problem with Live Tournaments.

I have had issues with P2P in '11.

It was mentioned to me that bypassing my router and going straight from modem to PS3 is better.

I tested this theory, and early on, this is true. 3 for 3 in 3 man SS, 4 man BB, and another 3 man SS.

Just wanted to share.

Sucks to jump through the hoops, but it is what it is.

[Avatar]

xbox.RTShoe wrote:

What about all the rest of us who haven't had any problems, and who really like single try events ? I certainly don't want the multiple attempt tournaments to come back again, that just isn't golf.

I can be critical of EA at times, God knows the forum mods here know that too well , but I haven't had a disconnect in TW11, and I can't remember any in TW10 or TW09 either. In fact I have to go back to TW08 and TW07 for any repeated problems with disconnects, and that was before I changed my router settings. Yeah, I appreciate I might be luckier than some of you with my connection, but I know I'm definately not alone in preferring single try events.

The Country Club.

I agree with you about not letting people retry rounds. I don't agree that there is no problem with the game though. I have had the EA server disconnect error 3 or 4 times during live tournaments now. This isn't a huge amount of times but there is a problem when you get disconnected from the EA servers but not from xbox live. I have never had disconnect problems like this in any other game before.

The last few days I have left the PS3 on, all day long. And almost every time I have come back to the PS3 after a few hours out of the living-room, there is a message about being disconnected from the EAServer and please make sure that my Ethernet cable is hooked on. Like I would complain if the cable was just lying besides the box....

I was, and am, a big backer of single try. But when each of my last 3 attempts at a single try daily have ended with an EA disconnect it gets more that a bit frustrating. I didn't have a single disconnect in TW10, and I've had 3 in the first week with 11. I realize it's no big deal in the bigger picture, it's just aggravating when one of the few things you get to do for fun gets screwed up.

Unfreaking believable. For the 2nd time in 2 days, I won the Players Championship, and right as I won (by -10 the 1st and -29 this time) I lose my connection to the EA servers....

Now COME ON.....this is a load....they hate to see their Tigger get beat by double digits, so they dump you...making you start over....

This is why I stopped playing EA Sports racing games....

I havn't bought TW11...and probably won't if this happens one more time.

Offline tournaments should not be affected by ea server disconnects.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion
Go to: