[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
[Official] NFS World Cheating Issue - The Ultimate Thread  XML
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion

[Avatar]

Greetings All,
I've seen quite a few topics about cheaters over the past week so I wanted to provide a topic that you can discuss cheating without having to worry about it being locked. But please note that this thread was not created so you can rage. We will not lock this thread but we will suspend anyone who posts pointless rage posts, tries to bring it off topic, names / shames, uses foul / vulgar language (including 'stared' out and/or acronyms) or otherwise violates the Forum Terms of Service and/or Code of Conduct.

I wanted to let everyone know that we (the team & I) are very aware of the cheaters in game and are in the process of taking steps to address the in-game cheating. As you may or may not know, we do not discuss our anti-cheating countermeasures publicly so I'm afraid that I can't offer much information in regards to the steps we're taking against the cheaters.

Before you begin discussing I also wanted to let everyone know that I have been performing bans on a daily basis since Achievements was released. I usually perform bans three times a week but have stepped that up with the recent events. A couple other important points:

1. The NFS World social websites ARE NOT a reliable means of reporting cheaters. We do not take action on cheat reports that are reported via photos/videos:
- Posted to Facebook (which is why this feature has been temporarily disabled)
- Twitpic'ed to @NFWorld
- Posted here on the Forums

The reason behind this (and I've said this many times before) is that it's too easy to doctor a photo / video.

2. Please use the in-game driver report tool to report cheaters. When you use this tool it gives us the necessary information to act on cheater.

3. Please be aware that it takes time for us to review the in-game reports but we do review them and take action when necessary.

Finally, I know that it's frustrating to enter a event and have it end the moment it begins, watch a SpeedHacker take off like a bullet or get knocked around by someone using tank mode. I do play this game too with a few different ghost accounts and have seen the same thing you all have.

But I'm positive that you all have something to say on this subject so while I won't be responding to every post I will be reading them all.

Best,

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/27/2014 05:35:03

[WWW]

this game needs punk buster bad!!!!!!!

or like in one of my other topics that was deleted someone mentioned when registering an account they must verify their account through the phone and thus if are caught cheating and banned they can no longer create an account using that number

or like I suggested start charging people to even create an account 20-30$ or start making people pay an annual fee
maybe they'll be scared to hack and lose their account then

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/15/2013 13:57:38

looked at the thread title, thought theres official cheats for nfsw now. i was mistaken

Click the MX-5 to see my cars
[WWW]

[Avatar]

i hope all cheaters get banned

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/2013 11:55:55

[Avatar]

It does no good to talk about it...so many of us already know of and have seen the rampant cheating that has taken over world. We want to see a *huge* reduction in cheaters (i say huge because im sorry but they are in almost every event since the achievement release.

I even for awhile before the achieves thought that maybe there was a reduction in cheaters/hackers...i was doing 10-15 races/te's before i encountered a cheater, but my false hope were crushed...

I would like to point out however that their is the possibility of someone hacking the "report" tool, I mean how hard would it be to send a trojan/virus to the report function that basically spams the report in-box with every profile in NFSWorld ??

Also with the amount of False Reports I can understand why it takes forever for the devs and such to go thru the list of reported cheaters...I bet its anarchy, so u have my condolensces on that one.

Glad to know you are listening and even going online in ghost accounts to witness the cheats/hacks available in world (nice one on that drew )

LBC

[Avatar]

[quote=MANSONJAI] looked at the thread title, thought theres official cheats for nfsw now. i was mistaken [/quote]

LOL

[Avatar]

NFSDrew wrote:
3. Please be aware that it takes time for us to review the in-game reports but we do review them and take action when necessary.

what are you waiting for?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/2013 11:57:49

[Avatar]

Bring on a real ban hammer!

[Avatar]

i understand the reports need to be reviewed and does take time but...

why are players who have been cheating for the past 2+ years still playing? this is what gets to most ppl
if these players are still playing whats the chances of newer cheats getting banned?

[Avatar]

Well im hoping we can have some in depth details on any actions being used to prevent cheaters.

One can only hope though...

I just made this cheating meme in my signature today.

Edit: Sorry it's not there yet.

This message was edited 12 times. Last update was at 04/15/2013 15:15:41

Please bring all the tracks back!

you should auto-ban anyone who drives faster than 7 sec on ANY drag track which is shorter than 1km

+++ afraid of your stats question in public? mailto: support@nfstimes.com +++

+++ important nfstimes news regarding class bug abuse:
http://forum.p-stats.com/threads/149-News-and-Leaderboard-revisions!?p=102875&viewfull=1#post102875 +++

[Avatar]

VS autofinishers: I think there should be a automatic system feature that whenever someone finishes an event in less then 5 seconds, an alert should pop up for the dev team with that account, might even go as far and automaticly ban that account if the system detects this issue. This will END this autofinish nonsense.

VS Speed hackers: Similar to the idea above, but with a slight tune: put a minimum time for each track. For example The best time you could get for a sprint like Waterfront could be set to 50 seconds. If anyone gets a better time -> Pop up alert for the dev team.

VS tank hackers: Honestly aside from in game reporting, donno how you can prove this without video proof, except maybe search after a statistic like "Max number of cops disabled for team escap and separately for pursuit". Should pop up some names.

VS No cooldown hack: Simple. Put a max number of PUs used per event OF the same type. (Good example is 10-15). If it exceeds this -> pop up alert.

VS speed hackers: Use a search on the speed api or whatever stat list on the speed a certain class can have max. (example E classs 250 km/h, D class 290 km/h, C class 310 km/h, B class 340 km/h, A/S class 420 (i think 410 is top speed any car can achieve atm with full speed + nos + ready + nos). Any finds that dont respect these parameters -> highly dubious players -> require investigation (aka look how many events occured for that player with same issue -> BAN! )

Also I think Azlan or whoever is in charge of anticheat should take a weekly basis look on a certain site where cheats are given just like that (I can provide link etc, via PM). Hope it helps.
*Edit: added one more feature for speed hackers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/2013 14:46:47

[Avatar]
Location: Trying to find out what the fox says...oh wait i am a fox

I do hope there is something done about it eventually...Invested enough money in this game to buy me an IRL car, and just to see a hacker just blow me away in a bone-stock car and only be level 1 is just something that makes me mad every time

Flying Fox Motorsports Leader/Founder

[Avatar]

Shad0w88 wrote:VS autofinishers: I think there should be a automatic system feature that whenever someone finishes an event in less then 5 seconds, an alert should pop up for the dev team with that account, might even go as far and automaticly ban that account if the system detects this issue. This will END this autofinish nonsense.

VS Speed hackers: Similar to the idea above, but with a slight tune: put a minimum time for each track. For example The best time you could get for a sprint like Waterfront could be set to 50 seconds. If anyone gets a better time -> Pop up alert for the dev team.

VS tank hackers: Honestly aside from in game reporting, donno how you can prove this without video proof, except maybe search after a statistic like "Max number of cops disabled for team escap and separately for pursuit". Should pop up some names.

VS No cooldown hack: Simple. Put a max number of PUs used per event OF the same type. (Good example is 10-15). If it exceeds this -> pop up alert.

Also I think Azlan or whoever is in charge of anticheat should take a weekly basis look on a certain site where cheats are given just like that (I can provide link etc, via PM). Hope it helps.

+1
They might still get too many pop ups to handle...

Apex: ZELTIL / Chicane: ZELTILIC / My created tracks: http://nfsworldtracks.blogspot.com/ Best wiki on NFS World: http://nfsworld.wikia.com/wiki/NFS_World_Info_Wiki
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion
Go to: