[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Notification Stopped Working  XML
Scrabble  > Support

Android 4.2.2
Nexus 7
Scrabble version 3.3.3 (Currently)
Settings - Apps - Show notifications is checked.

Notifications for Scrabble stopped working about 2 weeks back. Yesterday I decided to try and fix it so I cleared the cache and the data, uninstalled the App. Restarted my tablet. Downloaded and installed Scrabble. Still no functioning notifications.

The good that came of this process was now I have a completely new Scrabble app. It looks like it has been rewritten from the ground up. I like the new look and interface.

Does anyone have any idea why I am no longer notified when it is my turn to play?

20GB free CLOUD STORAGE: For a limited time you can use this link https://copy.com?r=lB3oTH to sign up for a free 15GB Copy.com cloud storage account and we both get an extra 5GB of free space.

DoctorOhh wrote:Android 4.2.2
Nexus 7
Scrabble version 3.3.3 (Currently)
Settings - Apps - Show notifications is checked.

Notifications for Scrabble stopped working about 2 weeks back. Yesterday I decided to try and fix it so I cleared the cache and the data, uninstalled the App. Restarted my tablet. Downloaded and installed Scrabble. Still no functioning notifications.

The good that came of this process was now I have a completely new Scrabble app. It looks like it has been rewritten from the ground up. I like the new look and interface.

Does anyone have any idea why I am no longer notified when it is my turn to play?

same thing happened to me and others during the first week or so after installing this new version. problem now though, is that I get a notification even after I take my turn. so I fully expect another update to roll out soon.

Whoever said "winning isn't everything" probably never won anything.
http://jaker023.newsvine.com/_news/2012/05/30/11954048-electronic-arts-changes-scrabble-layout-on-facebook-users-outraged
[WWW]

[quote=jaker023]same thing happened to me and others during the first week or so after installing this new version. problem now though, is that I get a notification even after I take my turn. so I fully expect another update to roll out soon.[/quote]

So your saying I don't have notifications because you have extras? Give them back!

20GB free CLOUD STORAGE: For a limited time you can use this link https://copy.com?r=lB3oTH to sign up for a free 15GB Copy.com cloud storage account and we both get an extra 5GB of free space.

DoctorOhh wrote:
jaker023 wrote:same thing happened to me and others during the first week or so after installing this new version. problem now though, is that I get a notification even after I take my turn. so I fully expect another update to roll out soon.

So your saying I don't have notifications because you have extras? Give them back!

ha! gladly....

Whoever said "winning isn't everything" probably never won anything.
http://jaker023.newsvine.com/_news/2012/05/30/11954048-electronic-arts-changes-scrabble-layout-on-facebook-users-outraged
[WWW]

Six days after installing the new App and scrabble notifications started working again. I guess the app took a while to call the mother-ship.

for about 2 weeks the app icon stopped showing 1 move, now the 1 is back and i am not getting any my move notifications, what happend?

jimdarcy wrote:for about 2 weeks the app icon stopped showing 1 move, now the 1 is back and i am not getting any my move notifications, what happend?

yup - and now, I'm no longer getting the second notification. could be something as simple as clearing my cache.
[WWW]

how do you clear your cache on an iphone?

(iPhone iOs6)

my notification badge was stuck at '1' for months (since they fixed the zombie forfeited-games thing). it was annoying, but i got used to just subtracting 1 from whatever the number read. not that it mattered much, since the app is utterly clueless about how many waiting games there are until i manually refresh the list.

but anyway...

yesterday, the notification count hit 4 and has never gone down. or up. no matter how many games i have waiting, the number doesn't change.

come on people. if you can't make this work, how about giving us a way to reset the count?

anybody else having this problem, makes it very difficult to efficiently play a game with no notifications

Tech support told me to uninstall and reinstall Scrabble on my iPhone. I did that, the problem still exists with push notifications AND all my data, stat, previous games and current games are gone.

Once again, EA has done a deplorable job with this push notification bug. A simple message to all users informing them of the problem would have gone a long way to healing some of the bitterness many user have with other bugs and foul ups. If they simple told me we have a problem and to do nothing, I would not have lost all my Scrabble data. This is the last purchase I make from this outfit of clowns.

Notification on icon got stuck displaying the number 2 and now I do not get any notifications when it is my turn to play.

It tried the following:

1. Removed Scrabble from Settings/Notifications and resetting the notification settings
2. Deleted the Scrabble app and reinstalled
3. Reset the iPhone by holding down Power ON button and Round button until the iPhone restarted. Did this before and after deleting the Scrabble app

None of these attempts made any difference, still stuck with 2 on my icon and do not receive any new notifications.

My guess is the EA server has an issue.

I would also add that this issue must be wide spread, i have started 10 games today, and the opponents stop after making one move, which leads me to believe they are also not receiving notifications

has anybody heard from alex on this issue, i have PM'd him with no reply

Just to add yet another voice to the mix-- I uninstalled, and then reinstalled the paid app, cleared cache, etc. and still am not getting push notifications. I hate having to check back repeatedly to see if a turn has been played. I can only wonder what my opponents may (or may not) be thinking... Hope they realize it's the game and not me!

The same thing happened to me just in the last few days, on both my Iphone and iPad. I play only random players, no 'friends'.

There are no notifications ever, and the number posted on the Scrabble icon has been frozen at 3.

This seems to me to be an important issue to fix, yet it remains and several players, if not all, are experiencing it.

When will this be fixed? It is very dissatisfying to play a game when the notifications/communication stop working, the game play has slowed down dramatically. Please fix this!
Scrabble  > Support
Go to: