[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
EA Sports NHL 14 Rinks  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

As the launch date for NHL 14 draws closer, we are following the ice accuracy closely. Here are rink graphics for what we have seen so far (in media EA has released for the game) This will be updated as more become available

Just for the sake of saving bandwidth, here are some notable improvements/arenas still lacking naming rights.
Everything else can be found at http://www.frozenfaceoff.net/2013/07/ea-sports-nhl-14-rinks.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/24/2013 06:26:13

Thanks for the info!

PSN: Xx-Gamer4500-xX
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: HDiMacHD

[WWW]

[Avatar]

The UC is still "Chicago Stadium" :'(

Connor Martindale | Dynamic Hockey League - Commissioner | Click here to view the site: http://goo.gl/ksVPQm

Youtube Channel:http://goo.gl/p5B79A

[Avatar]

MartindalexC wrote:The UC is still "Chicago Stadium" :'(

That makes no sense. Why would they not want EXTRA advertising space to put United Center?

Forum Member 2008-2013.

A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

That makes no sense. Why would they not want EXTRA advertising space to put United Center?

They are lazy. If they can't get the licensing then they should at least attempt to make it look as realistic as possible instead of just slapping "Chicago Stadium" on the ice

nhl88 wrote:
A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

They are lazy. If they can't get the licensing then they should at least attempt to make it look as realistic as possible instead of just slapping "Chicago Stadium" on the ice

I used to say the same thing but found out the Devs said that they have to make it enough different so that it doesnt in any way resemble the real word-mark. That is why they often are not the right color, or in the right font or even the right place around the circle. Just protecting themselves. At least this year "Chicago Stadium" is in a more similar font to the real thing. Last year was awful!

Im just glad they put fake names on ice now. Back in NHL 12 and before they would often just leave the area round the circle blank and it looked cheap and awful.

PS: Just posted some more ices on that page. I will have more as we get a peak at more center ices in upcoming videos and screens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/24/2013 10:32:13

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

DTC57 wrote:
nhl88 wrote:
A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

I used to say the same thing but found out the Devs said that they have to make it enough different so that it doesnt in any way resemble the real word-mark. That is why they often are not the right color, or in the right font or even the right place around the circle. Just protecting themselves. At least this year "Chicago Stadium" is in a more similar font to the real thing. Last year was awful!

Im just glad they put fake names on ice now. Back in NHL 12 and before they would often just leave the area round the circle blank and it looked cheap and awful.

PS: Just posted some more ices on that page. I will have more as we get a peak at more center ices in upcoming videos and screens.

This is correct. It has nothing to do with laziness, it has to do with the licensing rights and it not being anywhere near the same or there could be legal issues.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

SirPsychoT wrote:
DTC57 wrote:
nhl88 wrote:
A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

This is correct. It has nothing to do with laziness, it has to do with the licensing rights and it not being anywhere near the same or there could be legal issues.

I think last year it wasn't in because United was in the process of rebranding their logo. Many of you, especially Hawks fans, noticed the change. As for the reasoning this year, I'm not sure, because the United Center was in past games.

Old:

New:

Michigan Fantasy Hockey League (Coming soon for 2014-15)

[Email] [WWW]

chargerhockey12 wrote:
SirPsychoT wrote:
DTC57 wrote:
nhl88 wrote:
A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

I think last year it wasn't in because United was in the process of rebranding their logo. Many of you, especially Hawks fans, noticed the change. As for the reasoning this year, I'm not sure, because the United Center was in past games.

Old:

New:

I think you're right. I guessed last year that it would not be in the game for that very reason, but was hoping they would put it into NHL 14.

Someone on reddit said that they heard that United Center had a deal with 2k and that it would only be used in NBA 2k13/14. No clue if thats true or not though. I tweeted United Center with the awful in game graphic and called them out on it for everyone to see.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

DTC57 wrote:
chargerhockey12 wrote:
SirPsychoT wrote:
DTC57 wrote:
nhl88 wrote:
A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

Old:

New:

I think you're right. I guessed last year that it would not be in the game for that very reason, but was hoping they would put it into NHL 14.

Someone on reddit said that they heard that United Center had a deal with 2k and that it would only be used in NBA 2k13/14. No clue if thats true or not though. I tweeted United Center with the awful in game graphic and called them out on it for everyone to see.

False. EA sends a waiver to all the arenas asking permission to use the actual name and logo to the arena in the game. If they arena doesn't sign and return the waiver within a certain time then they can't use the name or logo.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

I wonder if Ottawa will be Ottawa Arena or if they got the rights in time for Canadian Tire Center ... omg that's the wost!

SirPsychoT wrote:
DTC57 wrote:
chargerhockey12 wrote:
SirPsychoT wrote:
DTC57 wrote:
nhl88 wrote:
A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

Old:

New:

False. EA sends a waiver to all the arenas asking permission to use the actual name and logo to the arena in the game. If they arena doesn't sign and return the waiver within a certain time then they can't use the name or logo.

Correct but is it possible that United Center wont sign your papers because they made a deal with 2k? I have no idea, just wondering. They used to cooperate.

Really disappointing. I wish EA would have put some text around the ice like they do other arenas that they dont have rights to. Maybe they still can add that in, though Carolina has been blank for years.

No text around center ice makes it look alot like some of the games that were made back in the 1990s.

[Avatar]

DTC57 wrote:
Really disappointing. I wish EA would have put some text around the ice like they do other arenas that they dont have rights to. Maybe they still can add that in, though Carolina has been blank for years.

No text around center ice makes it look alot like some of the games that were made back in the 1990s.

Aw man, I didn't even notice that from the video. No more Pepsi Center!

Michigan Fantasy Hockey League (Coming soon for 2014-15)

[Email] [WWW]

DTC57 wrote:
nhl88 wrote:
A1 xRED H4WKx wrote:

other video games do not do this. they make it look as close to real as possible.
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: