[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Mac - Install done but game won't open  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

I have a MacBook Pro which I bought on release in June 2012 so I'm guessing it's new enough to run this game. I have installed SimCity and when I hit play in Origin the icon jumps up and down at the bottom of my screen for about 20 seconds then stops and nothing happens. I have restarted my machine and tried again but to no avail. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this that I can use? Been waiting to play this game for ages

XP1STO wrote:I have a MacBook Pro which I bought on release in June 2012 so I'm guessing it's new enough to run this game. I have installed SimCity and when I hit play in Origin the icon jumps up and down at the bottom of my screen for about 20 seconds then stops and nothing happens. I have restarted my machine and tried again but to no avail. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this that I can use? Been waiting to play this game for ages

I have had the same. I restarted my Macbook Air and then it worked. I know you have restarted it as well, but try again. Maybe open it from your applications and origin will automatically open with it then. Let me know if it works. Should though! Good luck

Developer
[Avatar]

Is your default OS language in English or do you use another language?
[WWW]

i had the same problem with my Macbook pro with retina display. When I launch simcity, the simcity icon jump for a while then nothing happens. I check the activity monitor, the SimCity is "no response"!!!! My osx version is 10.8.4 with Transitional Chinese version.

I just started having this same issue a few minutes ago after having no issues since the game went live at noon. I'm now experiencing the same with my MacBook Pro 13" w/ Retina.

Developer
[Avatar]

We have a potential fix for the issue you are experiencing coming in the next few hours for those on some OS languages including Traditional Chinese.
[WWW]

Developer
[Avatar]

karlcr9911 wrote:I just started having this same issue a few minutes ago after having no issues since the game went live at noon. I'm now experiencing the same with my MacBook Pro 13" w/ Retina.

Could you try restarting your machine and see if you still get the issue?
[WWW]

do you have a fix for the windowed mode issue and mouse issue?

I restarted before sending the previous message. I'm using the English language version.

Developer
[Avatar]

artiemelo wrote:do you have a fix for the windowed mode issue and mouse issue?

Are you on Mavericks OS?
[WWW]

Developer
[Avatar]

karlcr9911 wrote:I restarted before sending the previous message. I'm using the English language version.

Does the icon continually bounce in the dock or does it disappear after bouncing for a while?
[WWW]

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:
artiemelo wrote:do you have a fix for the windowed mode issue and mouse issue?

Are you on Mavericks OS?

yes! are you guys working on a fix soon?

I am having the same issue. I installed origin and simcity once. But after following the FAQ guide and opting for Beta origin it won't open anymore. It continually bounces and then the icon just sits there. Simcity icon will bounce a little and then disappear.

I hope someone has a resolution to this.

Thanks

Developer
[Avatar]

artiemelo wrote:yes! are you guys working on a fix soon?

We are looking into it but no ETA on a solution.

Could you post your system specs including how many monitors you have.
We tried Developer Release 4 and had SimCity running but found Developer Release 6 has issues so we are looking into those as a high priority.

karlcr9911/im_prerak could you look in the Activity Monitor and see if SimCity is running in the background and if so, force quit it and try loading again.
Also try this:

open up terminal
then type: "ps -A | grep SimCity" (without the quotation marks)

This will show you any SimCity instances running that need to be closed before SimCity can load again.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 08/29/2013 17:50:15

[WWW]

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:
artiemelo wrote:yes! are you guys working on a fix soon?

We are looking into it but no ETA on a solution.

Could you post your system specs including how many monitors you have.
We tried Developer Release 4 and had SimCity running but found Developer Release 6 has issues so we are looking into those as a high priority.

karlcr9911/im_prerak could you look in the Activity Monitor and see if SimCity is running in the background and if so, force quit it and try loading again.

My system specs are: (15 in rMBP)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A55 (Dev 6 update)

I am playing just on the laptop. No monitors involved.
SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: