[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Sim City Mac Graphics issues on a very well equipped Mac Pro....  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

I'm having poor graphics performance issues, stuttering, and lag when playing sim city on OSX. When playing in boot camp on Windows 7 I don't have any problems at all, it's even smooth when all settings are maxed out. When playing in OSX with settings maxed out, it's pretty much unplayable. I know for a fact it is not my computer... I'm running a Mac Pro with OSX 10.8.4, 8 core Intel Xeon processors, 32GB of ram, 4 solid state hard drives, and an ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB Ram. Good job once again EA... Please fix this!!!!

I saw the other posts regarding this issue, but seemed like those were all IMac and MacBooks so I wanted to post this regarding Mac Pro's. Any other people running a Mac Pro with sim city? How can they not realize this when testing the game before release? Pisses me off...

I run the game on a 2006 Mac Pro...12GB Ram booted into Win7. Runs fine with max settings. Just installed on a 1st Gen 27" iMac 2.8 GHz Core i7, 4 GB Ram and it runs like garbage. I've also run the game on this same computer while booted into Win7 and it ran great. Not sure what's going on.

Yea, see mine runs perfect in Windows as well, garbage in OSX. I don't understand how this can be a problem for some people, and not for others. Especially on Mac's that far exceed requirements to run the game...

I just fired up the game after setting to 1600x900, and it seems to have made a HUGE difference...

Yea I just tried it. It is better, but it doesn't look near as good, and it is still a little jerky for me. I hope they fix this. I really don't want to have to play it on windows.
SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: