[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Error 262148:131086  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

Hello,
Getting error 262148:131086 while downloading Mass effect at 99%. Tried opting for origin beta but it didn't help. What does it mean and how can it be fixed?
On a side note please make error texts selectable, it's really annoying having to rewrite those random 6 digit numbers instead of just copy pasting...

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi sinsiliux ,

Thanks for your post.

Please check your network.
If you have setting proxy on your default browser, please disable it.
If you have some virtual adapters in use, please disable it.

Add Origin into your antivirus software and windows firewall's whitelist, if you had already added it, please delete it and re-add.

Or you could try disable your antivirus software and windows firewall.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

My network is fine, I wouldn't be able to post in the forum if it wasn't...
I don't have proxy set.
No virtual adapters.
I've tried disabling antivirus and firewall but getting same error.

What's interesting is that I was able to download Kingdoms of Amalur without any problems, it's only Mass effect that fails.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi sinsiliux ,

Please try reboot your computer and router then try again.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

I've had the same problem yesterday, so rebooting won't fix this.
I've just downloaded Mass effect 2 just to test and it went without problems too.
It's only Mass effect 1 that's giving me problems.
Obviously there's something wrong on origin's end and not my connection.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi sinsiliux ,

Please provide your Origin related info to Originlogs@ea.com
Direct to C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs, delete Client_log file first.

Then re-launch Origin and reproduce your problem.

1. Send an email with your Settings file and Origin Logs attached:
a. Navigate to this directory: C:\Users\{Windows User name}\AppData\Roaming\Origin
b. Attach the most recent local.xml file to your email.
c. Navigate to this directory: C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs
d. Attach the Client_log file to your email.
e. Attach the OriginClientService_Log file to your email.
f. Attach the Bootstrapper_Log file to your email.
2. Are you running multiple hard drives?
3. If so, tell us as much detail as you can about the configuration:
a. Is your main C: drive an SSD?
b. Is Origin installed on your main C: drive or a secondary drive?
c. Do you install Origin games on your main drive or secondary drive?
d. Any special permissions settings for these drives (available to all users, admins only or only a specific Windows user account)?
4. Screenshots or exact text of any error messages would also be helpful.
5. A screenshot of running processes may also be helpful. Bring up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC). Click the Processes tab and sort by Image Name and make sure we can see the entire name of the .exe. If it takes two screenshots to see the entire list that's fine.
6. Copy paste your Origin account/ID here
7. Copy paste the forum topic link within the mail
8. Please refer http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7891929.page and attached the report

Attach the screenshots along with the other Origin files mentioned above and send the completed bug report to Originlogs@ea.com. Please use the subject line [Origin Logs] - [ME1 Download error] your Origin account (email address) - your IP address(http://ipchicken.com/)

Thanks for your assistance!
Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi sinsiliux ,

Got your logs.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

I have the same problem.

EA_OriginSupport wrote:Hi sinsiliux ,

Got your logs.

Regards,

Origin Client: Version 9.3.6.4643 - 239145 - E2-S2-A2-L2

It's been 11 days, 9 business days-

SO WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM Sinsilux, the OP was having?

You got his logs, Wouldn't it be a good idea to POST WHAT IS CAUSING the Origin Client /downloader to go into a endless loop?

With the SIZE of games these days, @16GB... re-downloading a game REPEATEDLY can put you over your download cap some ISP's have.

I am getting the Error 262148:131086 while downloading "Metal of Honor WarFighter".

Download progresses to 99%, then resets to around 93%... over and over, and over again.

The download progresses approx 4-5 mb short of 16.747 GB, then drops down to 15.700 or so. Then LOOPS.... if I am away from the computer and don't catch the loop- I'm assuming the download times out and that's when Error 262148:131086 pop-up box appears.

I've tried rebooting the machine, disabling A/V (MS Security Essentials) adding a exception to A/V

NOTE: Installing "Games" to a external harddrive. Other games installed to the SAME directory (Crysis 3) downloaded so something is seriously amiss with your "Download in Place" system.

STEAM Games work just FINE installed to same drive.

Direct X, A/V etc should NOT make a difference as the download is ABORTING prior to the download finalizing.

Something is amiss with your Download in Place system.

WHAT IS THE FIX?
Why did Crysis 3 install ok? Date on Crysis folder creation date being 2013-09-07 and now 14 days later 2013-09-21 games won't download /install?

(NOTE: I noticed the Client did a auto update- I'm assuming Origin Client: Version 9.3.6.4643 - 239145 - E2-S2-A2-L2 is "new".

Q: When did Origin Client: Version 9.3.6.4643 - 239145 - E2-S2-A2-L2 roll-out, and how do I revert to a previous WORKING version of the CLIENT?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/21/2013 10:34:04

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi WeAreNotAlone69,

We check the issue, but still is in progress.
We will escalate your issue to the origin team again. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

My thread:

Error 262148:131086, Download aborts @99%, Origin Client: Version 9.3.6.4643 - 239145 - E2-S2-A2-L2
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9716631.page#30168712

EA_OriginSupport wrote:Hi WeAreNotAlone69,

We check the issue, but still is in progress.
We will escalate your issue to the origin team again. Thank you for your patience.

Please reply in this thread:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9701762.page
Regards,

First I'm sort of wondering why I am to respond in someone else's thread BEFORE the OP has gotten a resolution., more to the point info has not been posted back about his situation beyond "We got your Logs".

(With that said I understand keeping issues related in one thread BUT things get messy, and who has said what becomes a problem.)

Q: Is the reason for having everything in one thread because EA wants to minimize the number of threads, trying to minimize the impact of multiple persons reporting the SAME problem. EG: It looks bad to have 20 - 100 threads "Google" will reference later, vs 1 thread. That is in the back of my mind, although the main reason I'd prefer responding in MY thread is that the response would be on a ONE-to-ONE basis.... and it would be quite clear if no solution was forthcoming no solution had been provided.

Anyhow here goes: (And I do appericate your time in this matter)

Most sites/forums you can upload such as attachments to the site you are visiting. (EG: This forum.)

Q: Is there a way to attach screenshots without uploading them to a 3rd party server? Very inconvenient for a customer already miffed about having problems, AND the images on a 3rd party site are prone to being DELETED.
While I am concerned about MY problem being fixed when I post I hope the info will be of help to OTHERS as well and when "Pics" disappear from a thread at a later date it really reduces the thread's worth.

Here's the file name of a pic I was going to post. Notice how "close" the download came.
(This download starting from ZERO IIRC...
BTW: MY ISP if this keeps up is going to flag my account for abuse.)

Medal of Honor Warfighter_2013_ORIGIN_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_Will Not Install_LoopsDownload_Amost_At_end_Then_Times_out_Error_262148_131086_-_16.763.70 of 16.764.07 GB

Last night got to 16.763.70 of 16.764.07 GB.... finding the Error 262148:131086 present this morning.

Q: I noticed in several other troubleshooting posts support saying to add a exception to the WIN7 x64 firewall.

Why would this be needed when the download progresses to 16.763.70 of 16.764.07 GB, then aborts, drops down about 1gb (last save point?) and goes into a endless loop?

Note the above was without rebooting the PC after several "Loop" cycles. Did open /close Origin Client several times. Prior reboots of the PC had no effect, Closing out Origin, rebooting the PC and starting from ZERO has NO effect.

As noted prior downloaded/installed CRYSIS 3 Sep 07, 2013 which is a "Install in Place" type situation as well and NOTHING has changed on my PC since then beyond the Origin Client "Updating" itself so that would indicate the problem is within the ORIGIN CLIENT.

(Yes I know a Windows update may, and has probably occurred in the past 13 days and that may be a factor.)

Question for EA tech support:
When did Origin Client: Version 9.3.6.4643 - 239145 - E2-S2-A2-L2 roll out?

How can I revert to prior WORKING version?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 09/21/2013 18:03:56

I have the same error when trying to preload BF4. Posted under the BF4 thread for the same error # at: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/preList/9730258/30269111.page#30269111

logs etc have been submitted

[EDIT - 2013-10-02]
Resolved. I applied the following steps as a "fix" and then the download completed. I don't know if it was really the fix or just coincidence as it doesn't make sense to me what the DNS lookup has to do with completing a downloaded file without corruption, but it seems to have worked.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/forum/threadview/2955064762457890340/last/post_2955064762770856740
MonasticMoose said:
I was having the same error and the 100% to 81% loop and here is what worked for me:
1. If you are in the process of downloading, pause the download and exit origin.
(I was at about 50% so had not started looping yet. Not sure if this works when already looping.)
2. With origin closed, open windows's network adapter settings for your internet adapter.
3. Set the manual dns servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and apply/close. (These are google dns servers.)
4. Open a command prompt as admin and run "ipconfig /flushdns".
5. Now open origin and resume the download. This time it finally installed after 100%!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/02/2013 04:21:00

Well seems it was fixed with newest origin
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: