[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Megatower RCI not working  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

I got megatower low wealth R asking for more shops, but there is a low wealth C level right below it, asking for more shoppers. I tried to build another megatower full of 8 levels of low wealth R and connect them with sky bridge.

Apparently sky bridge not working too? that C level still asking for more shoppers!
There is several low wealth R levels asking for more shops, then eventually abandon the R level.

If you are trying MegaTowers ONLY ...
... you will need to zone small amount of RCI as well to enable approval ratings.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/11/2013 18:17:45

Yes, the C level is the first level of the megatower, surrounded by R zone(before Cot release, app around 90000 pop)

yet it is asking for more shopper. there is a train station next to the megatower, plus a maglev.

I dont know why it is still asking for more shoppers.

Rulycar wrote:Are you zoning ground RCI as well as MegaTowers?
If you are trying MegaTowers ONLY, then you will need at least some RCI on the ground.

You will need small amount of C zoned as well if you want approval ratings working.

I just zoned a small portion of C next to megatower. it increased a little bit revenue, but still asking for more shoppers. I thought the megatower is self-sustainable by itself.

Or the C level will only attract 1 or 2 levels up and down of residents?(same as Skybirdge?only usable for 1-2 levels up and down of residents?)

I hope the dev can come out and explain the mechanics of the megatowers.

Rulycar wrote:You will need small amount of C zoned as well if you want approval ratings working.

I am facing the same issue too. Everything was okay during the first 6hrs of gameplay. After that, 2 levels of medium wealth apartments say they cannot find jobs when i actually have 1000 available medium wealth jobs.

Why is this happening?

I notice the jobs has to be available in the tower. They won't go out anymore for jobs. After you put offices or shps in the tower, you need to wait. It could take a day or two before it gets full.

Just a few things I noticed after playing a city for six hours:

I have a hybrid city with excess jobs available and shopper satisfaction deficit. I'm using five elite megatowers and one regular megatower. One elite tower has roads leading straight to the Academy. All towers, excluding the academy-feeder, have sky bridge stations at level 6 with no less than two connections to other towers. Each of the towers are connected to roads with all three entrances/exists. The five towers are surrounded by high-wealth residential.
Traffic is green except around my factories during rush hour. Everywhere else has minimal traffic. I'm using mag-levs and double-decker buses.

At the point these things started to happen, the only thing I was changing was the towers. Nothing changed regionally, no commuters, tourists, or resource sharing.

The academy has gradually been losing high-wealth workers, so I've been focusing on building high-wealth apartment levels, and I even built an elite megatower specifically to feed it workers. However, the numbers continued to decline.

The feeder tower has been complaining about their kids not going to school, despite being connected to two towers, each with an education level with empty desks. Okay. So I built an education level on the tower at level 8. Four days later, the apartments are still complaining about no school access, and the education level is staffed, with 0 filled desks!

I commonly see towers containing both medium wealth apartments and medium tech offices complaining about a lack of work and a lack of workers, respectively.

The number of high-wealth workers going to the academy is shrinking, while the number of high wealth apartments complaining about no jobs rise. This doesn't help when my skybridges close down due to a lack of ControlNet and compound problems.

I only have two malls, and one park crown amongst all of the towers, yet I don't get any complaints about lacking malls or parks. I thought this might've been because of the parks in the residential zones around the towers, but the parks saw an average of 3 kids, and 1 visitor per day. Weird.

OmegaCo seems to be biased against one of my Omega factories. I've tried deleting modules, closing and opening, and even dozing the whole thing. It will not receive more than .5 (Yes, POINT FIVE) VTOL's carrying raw ore a day despite having two active landing pads. I've been forced to eat up space to plop a trading depot in order to supply some friggin' ore to the factory.

End~

This isn't a rant, as I have another CoT city working flawlessly, it's just that this city suffers from numerous issues and I don't understand why, the traffic, RCI balance, it's all so much better. I'll be looking more at my city to see if I can track down what's causing this. I'm hoping it's operator error, but we shall see.

Developer
[Avatar]

We are looking into this issueand have a reproduction of what you are seeing. We are now working on a solution.
[WWW]

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:We are looking into this issueand have a reproduction of what you are seeing. We are now working on a solution.

Ahh so this is a real issue... I thought I was just doing it wrong. Thanks for setting my "I thought I was going crazy" mind to a better state.

chanbrothers wrote:I am facing the same issue too. Everything was okay during the first 6hrs of gameplay. After that, 2 levels of medium wealth apartments say they cannot find jobs when i actually have 1000 available medium wealth jobs.

Why is this happening?

known bug...

Some people reported it on dev test.

Guess what happend

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:We are looking into this issueand have a reproduction of what you are seeing. We are now working on a solution.

Why is it Myself and a few others were practically groveling for some feedback on this issue and we got nothing.

First day of release and your all over it

Damn favoritism I tell you

Yeah. Something is fuzzy.

Developer
[Avatar]

Whitewolf1984P wrote:
known bug...

Some people reported it on dev test.

Guess what happend

The issue is being worked on from that very report you mention Whitewolf1984P.
[WWW]

There is a new one to report. My mega tower says I am running out of water but I am over exceeding the water requirement. Its only 1 unit that is also running out of water. The rest of the megatower is fine. I haven't found a way to solve it yet.

NA West 3.
Region : Vancouver
OriginID : gdfellow_delson@hotmail.com

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/12/2013 15:50:42

SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: