[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
OmegaCo factories not producing omega!  XML
SimCity  > General Discussion

Hello, I just purchased CoT. I'm on my first City with the expansion; I have built an OmegaCo Production factory, am drilling oil and ore. The factory has plenty of oil and ore but its producing only 200 units of omega per day, The factory expansions i put down (4) say they can do 2000/day each. What is going on? Are omega factories broken? I keep getting the message 'Omega Deliveries Slow' because they are producing nothing but they have the resources!

The Omega factory says 'Omega is being delivered to industry', The production of the factory is listed at 0/9600 for today/yesterday. The factory has 60/60 ore and oil.

My spec. cities tap is warning me that omega production is slow

So omega factories are broken it seems....

Strange, for me it works just fine for almost ingame half year. Can you put more data? Seems like your problem isnt that common, unlike other big bugs.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what was going on. I exited the game and went back in, had to wait ~1 month and all the sudden they started producing it..

This was happening to me too. I had a problem with oil trucks not leaving my full trade depots, and the Omega factories were out of oil. Bulldozing and rebuilding the oil storage lots fixed that problem, but I am still getting the "Omega deliveries slow" message. Factory 1 is at 2,667/9,600 and Factory 2 is at 2,190/9,600.

I have a lot of available jobs: none at $, but $$1,806 and $$$1,624. Maybe the factories need more workers? But building $$ MegaTower levels doesn't seem to help.

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to add my two sense. I am having this same issue. It seems that Omega production is extremely low - but not in all of my factories. They are all fully expanded and they all have full resources (ore/oil) and yet they still seem to only produce 900/9600. However, I have zero problems producing drones...that seems to work fine.

the issue is when the loading docks fill up to 100 crates of omega waiting to be shipped out, production stops as they cant fill anymore slots. This happens because either your delivery trucks are stuck in traffic, or there is a bug with the loading bays where the trucks don't drive out. To see if its the bug, go to the Omega data layer and watch each factory component to see if the omega bar drops or just stays full. If it stays full for a long time and no trucks are shipping, you need to delete each loading bay that is stuck on full and replace them. This gets production going again and the trucks ship it out again.... For awhile, it does happen again from time to time.

Apparently it also has to do with the amount of industry you have. If your industry is not large enough to handle your omega capacity, they will be unable to process and ship off to commercial, etc. At first I was having this problem where some of my factories were caught up and I thought it had to do with traffic, but actually the trucks zoom around until the industry can process more omega. I guess the way to fix this issue is build more industry at the expense of getting the "overworked" error in your mega towers or having too many excess jobs, or actually treat omega like the other resources and let us store it in ports to ease the bottleneck.

I prefer the latter option since all other trade related stuff has been optimized this way. If Maxis is able to read this, we would appreciate someone fixing this issue.

I have the same issue my factories I'f omega is full and they are not shipped and there is no traffic .

Same thing happens for me. Only work around that works for me is just deleting the Omega producing addons and put new ones.

What is the deal with Omega anyway? it seems ridiculously profitable but like a drug, so if you start running out....cold turkey is bad.

But it seems that buying both oil and ore on the world market would be too expensive. Is it pretty much mandatory to have one of the resources available in order to make Omega work long term?

[Avatar]

FrankFore20 wrote:
But it seems that buying both oil and ore on the world market would be too expensive. Is it pretty much mandatory to have one of the resources available in order to make Omega work long term?

No you earn so much money from Omega that importing both works more than fine. Might even be cheaper tbh. You don't have the expenses from the mining, less water, power and sewage, you have more workers available for Omega, the factories and shops and more room for residential.

Just make sure you have some good starting cash once you start going omega.

SimCity  > General Discussion
Go to: