[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
The Charamania (CLOSED) NEED GT OR TN OF PARTICIPANTS  XML
NHL Series  > HUT Trades and Auctions for XBox 360

[Avatar]

paid and in: Lucman98, Are Why ay Ehn, Blauke, Cannycube, Sauce n flow, Frushy90, MG Nuclear, IB Classy, T0o HxC 4u, Candyrat, Crzymexicanbeer, Blue raider582, Stawnuzz, Osterer15, Mdcarbone21, Stigga, Leafs4president, Tankermike, Puck_yeah88, Bcgerard347, Rngrdynamite, Southbay9ersfan, XxChara33xX, jabr0hni, Steeler8820, rmoss1, nazemthedream43, Hut_Leafs, Rckstr1717, clericuzio42294, Snipe9, Slamminsammys

Playoff Update

The stats have been updated, Playoff seeds are set, I will open the Playoffs for play once people look at them.

People who were voided were voided based on not playing their games for whatever reason, in the future when I hold tourneys the rules will be changed a bit to adjust to the outcome of this one! Obviously not everyones gonna be happy about the end results and such, just know that im doing my best with the results that I was given and following the rules I took straight from Closer42!

If anyone has an questions or oppinions feel free to PM me, dont post them in this thread its already cluttered enough!

Standings/Schedule Spread Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvIeWVDv1CXAdDd2emdIOGR1a3ViaVY2UXZPaGZqdEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Hi guys,

This is the official topic of
The Charamania
sponsored by EA_Karo, T0o HxC 4u and Closer42

The Charamania tournament is a xbox 360 tourney for 32 players. The winner receives the rare Milestone Chara card (97 overall rating).

The tourney uses a 32-player format with 4 divisions of 8 players each. Everybody will play all divisional opponents 2 times (home and away). The top 4 of each division reach the playoffs. Those will be played in a best-of-seven format that uses a set system after the first round. To keep the tourney attractive for everybody, you'll receive a free gold pack after the regular season IF you have played all your games.

The divisions will be lead by 4 division captains who will be determined by rank. The remaining 28 players will join the divisions by random.

The Tourney uses the 3-point system (European System). That means in every game 3 points are given away. 3 for a win, 2 for an ot win, 1 of an ot loss, 0 for a loss.

The entry for this tournament is 15k and will go to the 480k prize pool (32 x 15k - tax eaten by me). Milestone Chara, x2 Three months of XBL cards, 20k and the free gold packs are added by EA_Karo, T0o HxC 4u and Closer42 (feel free to donate more).

You will have 12-14 days to complete your regular season games and another 5-7 days per playoff round.

The prize pool for this tournament is Milestone Chara, 480k in pucks and x2 3 month XBL cards including all donations so far.

The winner of this tourney receives Milestone Chara (97 overall)
2nd: 300k, 3rd: 100k, 4th: 80k.
Bonus prizes:
Most goals scored upon completion of the regular season: Three months of Xbox Live
Most shutouts aquired upon completion of the regular season: Three months of Xbox Live
Complete all your regular season games: Free Gold Pack.

Everybody who wants to join, reply in this topic and/or send me a PM. Please don't forget you got to be ready to pay the 15.000 pucks entry. I will let you know which card to buy.

The division draw will be held live on stream (TBA).

Please read the general rules below.

Here are the rules:
Entry fee : 15k.
Teams : 32 teams (8 per Division).
Reward : 1st: Milestone Chara, 2nd: 300k, 3rd: 100k, and 4th: 80k. Most goals scored upon completion of the regular season: Three months of XBL, Most shutouts aquired upon completion of the regular season: Three months of XBL, all games completed in regular season: Free Gold Pack.
Arena : North American Ice Rink is mandatory
Team Cap : none.
Position Lock : Not allowed.
Cheesy play : The only thing that won't be tolerated is playing keep-away. Playing good defense is what prevents “cheese”/”glitch goals” or whatever some people call it.
Regular Season : Two (1 home, 1 away) versus every opponent in your division. That means a total of 14 games; The top 4 of each division make the playoffs.
Overtime : Shootout in Divisional Play after the usual 5 min 4-on4. However there won't be a shootout in the playoffs. If the game is tied after 3 periods, we start a new game. Whoever scores first in that game, wins.
Deadline to play games : The regular season should not take more than 12-14 days. (Everyone needs to play 14 games). The playoffs take 5-7 days per round.
Final deadline not met : If people have trouble getting games in, I will take a decision based on the situation. If you think, you can't play a certain opponent because he doesn't wanna play you or simply because he is not online, it is mandatory that you post in this thread when you are available on the final three days before the deadline. If you do that and your time windows are not too slim, you have the chance to win the game by default if your opponent doesnt react. If not, most likely both players will get the loss.. Deadline will be much more scrict than in past tourneys as some players unfortunately took it too far lately.
If a player does not complete 90 percent of his games and can be held accountable for this, he will not be able to proceed to the playoffs. The player is not accountable for this if his opponent won't play him, he will be however if his xbox goes broke 2 days before the end of the deadline with 5 games to be played. I hope you get the idea. If a player quits or has played less than 90 percent of his games and can be made accountable for this, all his further and past results will be voided. If he played at least 90 percent of his games and games have to be decided against him, he will be awarded 5-0 losses.
Tie breakers : In case of a tie in the standings between 2 players, the tie breakers will be Most non OT-wins, then Best Differential, then Best Differential in the games between these 2 opponents.
Differential Limit : Since the differential between GF and GA will be used, there will be a 5 goal differential limit.
Playoffs : 16 teams total make the playoffs. The Playoffs will be held in a best of 7 format and use a set system after the first round.
Playoffs Bracket : The top four teams of each division make the playoffs.
DNF : If a DNF occurs and one of the player has a 4 or more goal lead, a W is automatically awarded to the leading player with the current score. Some of us already had comebacks of 4+ goals, but against such quality opponents, it is highly unlikely. If the goal differential is 3 or less, you have to replay the "rest of the game" (please note that if there's 1min52sec left in the 3rd, consider that the final minute is "FULL", so if you have to replay a game, play the first 5 or 6 minutes of a new game). If a player rage quits ingame, the goal differential in this game will be 5 goals by default.
Lag occurrence : If you notice lag during the 1st period and the score is tied, you can quit the game and rematch to try again with no lag. If the score is not tied or you’re past the 1st period and lag kicks in, you deal with it.
Division Balancing : The Division draw will be livestreamed. Stay tuned for the annoucement when the live draft is going to take place.
Penalties :
1. If you invite your opponent and you are not home for the game the following occurs:
- you or your opponent is supposed to quit the game right away and clear things up.
- if the game is actually getting played (it counts as being played when the first goal is scored) the results counts as played. There won't be a rematch or anything as your opponent is also responsible to know if he is home or not. You are going to receive a 1 point penalty though for inviting and playing a game in which you are not home. If this happens in the playoffs, the next playoff match will start with a 0-1 goal deficit for your team.
2. If any player uses international ice the following occurs:
- you or your opponent is supposed to quit the game right away and clear things up.
- the road player is free to quit the game during the first period on any score without any penalty. The home player is free to quit the game during the first period while the game is tied or in the lead without any penalty. After the game made it to the second period, only the road player may quit the game or call the usage of international ice out. If the home team player calls the game out, he loses the match by default. If the road player calls it out (which he will only do after loss obviously), the game has to be replayed. However he gets a 1 point penalty for playing the game which is an unsportsmanlike conduct (as the usage of international ice could have been an honest mistake). The home player also receives a 1 point penalty for the usuage of international ice then. If this happens in the playoffs, the rematch will start with a 0-1 goal deficit for the road team player. The home team player receives a serious warning in any case. If it happens more than once that you invite your opponent to international ice and actually play the game, more serious penalties will be called. This could also be disqualification from the tourney.
3. There are other possible penalties for collusion and other unsportsmanlike conducts to be decided based on the situation. This includes any kind of exploit used to gain an advantage! (Ex. Putting assistant cards on more players then the game allows you too.)

Alright, I hope everything seems fair to you. Let's start joining.

Have fun and good luck!

This message was edited 38 times. Last update was at 04/05/2014 13:30:41

[Avatar]

I will be collecting entrance fees and documenting them tonight around 10-1030pm eastern.

Posted for now to increase interest and give people an idea of how tourneys will be run on these forums.

[Avatar]

OMG I WILL JOIN

ShutYour5Hole

GavinhoX wrote:You're absolutely pathetic at the game and you get all of your players for free shortly after you let a lucky subscriber give you a Cleveland Steamer.

[Avatar]

count me in.

[Avatar]

I'm in!

HUT 14-
Couture- Bergeron- Vorecjek
Marleau- Kesler- Kane
Camallari- Pominville- Koivu
Erikson- Krecji- Vermette

[Avatar]

CannyCube wrote:OMG I WILL JOIN

Canny you will beat me again :p, but I hope to meet new peeps and continue to enjoy playing puck!

Southwestern eggrolls from Chili's are great even though microwaved.
[WWW]

[Avatar]

Im down to play

Gamertag and HUT Team Name: Stawnuzz
PM me if you ever need help guys. One of HUTs most trusted!
Co-owner of HutLife.Forumotion.com PM for more information about joining!

I'm in. GT: Frushy90

- Frushay

Im In Gamertag is Koopa I and I will donate 50k to the pot and it can go to who ever you see fit maybe most pims in the league?

[Avatar]

Hope this tourny is a huge success.

I'd just like to remind everyone that this is my first NHL tourney and that I am working very closely with Closer42 to make sure it runs smoothly.

My idea is to host these kinda of events to bring the community together again. Play a competitive yet fun game with people we all talk to daily, with the success of this tourney there will be more events in the future!

Like I said before I will open up for payments later tonight once I get setup and online.

[Avatar]

Who's going to beat Mg x Nuclear? LOL, might as well give him the MS Chara now.

This Just In: I have a forum imposter!

[Avatar]

Hey it's like the playoffs, anythings possible.

Look at Detroit last year. One bad call away from glory!

I'm in!!

Gt keep chirpin

[Avatar]

GavinhoX wrote:Who's going to beat Mg x Nuclear? LOL, might as well give him the MS Chara now.

Anyone can win this. There are always a lot of people who can give me a run for my money. ex. Frushy

NHL Series  > HUT Trades and Auctions for XBox 360
Go to: