FIFA12
  [Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
FIFA 12 Server Problems - Fans Responses  XML
FIFA 12  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion

Local Club Sub

I, like thousands of FIFA fans cannot even get logged into the servers for FIFA 12 - however all of my other games are fie online, so this is abviously a server issue with EA. The game was released TWO WEEKS ago, with EA knowing full well it would sell like hot cakes!

So tell me, why is it the servers cannot handle it? The price for FIFA was increased to £42.99 this year, which I paid as I have always played FIFA, but where is the investment in your servers? Why are you letting down avid and dedicated fans when they accept your price increase?

To add to that, my win/loss ratio on FUT is ruined due to these problems and your customer support have said they are not going to do anything about it!!

If this issue it not resolved by the end of this month, I will be getting a full refund for FIFA 12, and as a dedicated EA Sports fan, I will NEVER purchase a game from EA again. I am absolutely disgusted with EA's unwillingness to compensate dedicated and loyal fans of it's brand. Without people like us, EA wouldn't exist! You are taking a big risk with your large fan base

Last pick at the park

Same every year. I feel your pain but nothing will be done about it.

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

Only solution is to stop buying EA games on release. Wait 4 to 6 weeks for the game to be patched, servers to be upgraded/fixed, and for sales. It's the same for just about every EA game it seems... They set a release date, release the game as is and then fix things over the next 50 days or so...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/10/2011 10:35:21

RCTID
OTBC
[WWW]

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

this post is a waste of time because ea will deny they have any server problems and blame your router or isp, i contacted them because i couldnt play a single match online or offline the game would just freeze in all modes when i went to a match, what advice did they give me ? open ports, reset router they are unbeleivable

http://gamercards.co.uk/

Last pick at the park

ouch did i just get buuuurned.

form on h2h seasons is w-w-w-w, up 3-0 26 mins in and i loose connection to the ea servers, fifa says it will judge the outcome of the match on match statistics thus far.

log back into h2h - lost that last match.

haha.

National Champion

shambles_online wrote:I, like thousands of FIFA fans cannot even get logged into the servers for FIFA 12 - however all of my other games are fie online, so this is abviously a server issue with EA. The game was released TWO WEEKS ago, with EA knowing full well it would sell like hot cakes!

So tell me, why is it the servers cannot handle it? The price for FIFA was increased to £42.99 this year, which I paid as I have always played FIFA, but where is the investment in your servers? Why are you letting down avid and dedicated fans when they accept your price increase?

You need to tell us which online game mode. Because not every mode is hosted by EA's servers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/10/2011 10:58:10

Last pick at the park

ahh, h2h disconnects again as a result of ea servers, only this time it was an amazing 3-3 game in the 80th minute!

both of us end up having a back fat L next to our results.

ouch again aaaaaaaand fifa goes back on the shelf till a patch is released.

Last pick at the park

I do sympathize for you guys, but I mine has been absolutely perfect and all the 'server' improvements EA have spoken of, for me personally have lived up to my expectation.

I've played over 100 games, including virtual pro, ultimate team, and h2h and I've not had a single disconnect but of course I've had 'rage-quitters' quit on me, then I win.

I use BT Business Broadband at my home I pay £36.99 a month for, and I get a 20:1 contention ratio so even at peak EA times I never have issues with servers/games in anyway.

I do feel sorry for you guys, but I can't help but think many of you are like my friends. You have UTorrent going on your laptop in the background, or your mobile phones are polling Wi-fi info from your router, or your using wireless to connect to your router (DONT DO THAT) etc There's lots of reasons why you may have connection problems, and the bottom line is - over 90% of EA gamers are happy, you ARE the minority guys not the majority!!

I would ask all of you with these connectino/server issues to go to www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net and actually screen copy the results and paste and send to me @ lloyd.harrington@gmail.com

Local Club Sub

same as above,hardly any issues with online modes,i play head to head and clubs.

and the mobile phone downloading stuff is defo an issue,,i accidently pressed the updates button on the phone and online went to pot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/10/2011 12:38:43

National Champion

ThePan wrote:ahh, h2h disconnects again as a result of ea servers, only this time it was an amazing 3-3 game in the 80th minute!

Please do tell - in your opinion, who's fault is it for mid-game disconnections? Consider that its a P2P connection between you and your opponent

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

DimaK67 wrote:this post is a waste of time because ea will deny they have any server problems and blame your router or isp, i contacted them because i couldnt play a single match online or offline the game would just freeze in all modes when i went to a match, what advice did they give me ? open ports, reset router they are unbeleivable

Totally agreed EA are a disgusting company yet because of the power of football they still make millions from these games. Ive sent Emails, Tweets and everything i can think of and still EA will not respond.

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

daherlihy wrote:
ThePan wrote:ahh, h2h disconnects again as a result of ea servers, only this time it was an amazing 3-3 game in the 80th minute!

Please do tell - in your opinion, who's fault is it for mid-game disconnections? Consider that its a P2P connection between you and your opponent

But this is a game that belongs to EA. So they should not rip people off with an Online game mode that does not work properly.

Local Club Sub

daherlihy wrote:
shambles_online wrote:I, like thousands of FIFA fans cannot even get logged into the servers for FIFA 12 - however all of my other games are fie online, so this is abviously a server issue with EA. The game was released TWO WEEKS ago, with EA knowing full well it would sell like hot cakes!

You need to tell us which online game mode. Because not every mode is hosted by EA's servers.

I CANNOT SIGN INTO EA SERVERS - PERIOD.......

The disconnecting from launch up until a few days ago was FUT - but for 3 days, I have not been able to log into EA servers AT ALL. - It is nothing to do with my connection, as all other games INCLUDING EA Games are working fine online

Waterboy

Can I just tell you, i have just come off the phone from EA with my son having had this game since release and not being able to play it online. The 'EA servers are not available' message always appearing when he tried to sign-in. we trawled the internet and did everything we could see to try.
I spoke to a very helpful person called Jonathon who completely contradicts the current opinion of EA customer service. I said that I thought that there was a problem between my sons gamertag and the server, not with the server itself. Bingo........ He looked and said yes i can see straight away what it is. His date of birth had been set wrong, pre-1900's for some resaon, it may have been a way to access a previous game setting it far back. I questioned this as he has always been able to access other Fifas, Jonathon told me that the new fifa, tiger woods and some other game have a verification thing built in with them now which they havent had before. he said he's changed it for a few people and its worked.
Forgive me for being sceptical, but i politely took the reference number and in my sons absence fired the Xbox up and we're on, its worked. So give them a call. we had almost given up hope.
Had to share it with you as i know how frustrating it has been in this house...!!!!!!

Scouted
[Avatar]

shambles_online wrote:
daherlihy wrote:

I CANNOT SIGN INTO EA SERVERS - PERIOD.......

The disconnecting from launch up until a few days ago was FUT - but for 3 days, I have not been able to log into EA servers AT ALL. - It is nothing to do with my connection, as all other games INCLUDING EA Games are working fine online

This is true, a friend of mine bought Fifa 12 on release and still hasn't been able to log into EA servers period, although FIFA 11 works etc.

Apparently it's a problem with your date of birth in your EA account, but when he talked to EA support about it they hung up on him.

If a dev or mod could get in touch about this issue then please send me a PM.

FIFA 12  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: