FIFA12
  [Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
FIFA 12 - October Patch  XML
FIFA 12  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion

Big Money Transfer
[Avatar]

As you know, the teams at the studio have been working hard to address issues raised by the community since the launch of FIFA 12. A number of updates have already been rolled out to servers, and that will continue – as will work on a range of things not included in this particular update - but we can now bring you details of a new client-side game update for PS3 and Xbox 360.

First of all, thank you for your patience while we have worked on this, and thanks again to all those who have helped us out as we investigated the roots of some of the problems.

When will it arrive?

The patch is now live on PS3 in the EU and North America. The update will become available on Xbox 360 between 11am and 2pm GMT today (18 October).

Patches for PC and Mac have already been released. Find out more about those here: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1069209.page

What’s in the update?

• Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches.

• Fixed a situation that would see the user in an empty FUT Store without button functionality.

• Fixed a FUT crash when using custom tactics.

• Fixed a hard lock that would occur when applying a Manager Contract after purchasing a Bronze Premium Pack in FUT.

• Fixed a situation that would see some users being disconnected from FUT after five seconds of connectivity.

• We have optimized the FUT server to speed up transactions.

• Fixed a situation where the game would hang when downloading a Game Face.

• Fixed a situation that would allow an online team to be controlled by other player.

Once again thank you for your continued patience while waiting for this patch and for the ones we will be releasing in the future. While we know this patch may not contain everything you wish to be addressed, it is a good start. And with your continued support we will be addressing more issues as soon as we can.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 10/11/2011 00:26:47

Twitter!

Twitter!

[16:52] <robbiecfc> Dux0r: Sexiest mod of the year

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

Thank you for removing the GOALKEEPER EXPLOIT.

By removing this feature you have just made this game fantastic! I will now play H2H Seasons.

Again, Many thanks EA
for listening to the community regarding the Goalkeeper feature (Exploit).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/10/2011 13:07:01

EA - Please place the following in FIFA H2H Seasons..

Last pick at the park

Fantastic for removing the GK exploit I am so happy about that.

Well done EA

Waterboy

So the biggest problem which is stopping thousands of players from playing hasn't been fixed... typical!!!!

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

thanks for removing the gk exploit, but there are so many other major problems that arnt Ut related, please dont forget about all the other issues

http://gamercards.co.uk/

Big Money Transfer

And what about the disconnection from the UT tournament after getting to player ratings?Is it being fixed?

Last pick at the park

What about the game crashing in ANY mode when I apply a custom tactic? Will that be fixed?

What about the fact that when I enter a Pro Ranked match with my goalkeeper and someone else leaves, the game starts and I'm controlling their Pro instead of mine.

This has been happening since FIFA 10. It's unacceptable. If I released a half-finished project to my management team, I'd be joining the dole queue the following day. For the same bugs to be happening three years later defies belief.

You're treating us like idiots.

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

when will we see some CM fixes please? CM was the much vaunted mode this year and it has a number of issues that need fixing.
[WWW]

Big Money Transfer
[Avatar]

thanks EA!

Waterboy

What about EASFC ERROR ? is it going to be fixed soon?

Park Captain

I hope that in some patch we have a REAL FATIGUE for "quick press tactics" and or "custom quick press tactics".

Online is full of people that use them, because they don´t generate more fatigue than when you don´t put any of those tactics.

The press very hard and are much more aggresive, so defend easier without any disadvantage (in real life, the disadvantage is more fatigue).

Gameplay is absolutely brilliant, but this problem is destroying it.

Scouted
[Avatar]

Kleiberl__ wrote:I hope that in some patch we have a REAL FATIGUE for "quick press tactics" and or "custom quick press tactics".

Online is full of people that use them, because they don´t generate more fatigue than when you don´t put any of those tactics.

The press very hard and are much more aggresive, so defend easier without any disadvantage (in real life, the disadvantage is more fatigue).

I don't understand what you mean ?

Waterboy

While the patch is a good start EA it may be an idea that you just let us know what is happening. For three weeks I have owned this game and have sold it to many of my friends using UT as the major selling point however I am still yet to finish a game or earn one single match coin due to loosing connection with your server. Maybe if you let me know that it is your major concern and that you have one hundred people trying to fix the fault I could be more understanding however everyone i have talked to from EA say that it is being handled by a different department. From all the discussion I hear on the forum people are simply asking for info about it. But then patch comes out and you say you have fixed things like the ability to use a goal keeper or that trading is not fast enough. It isn't saying to me that loosing connection with the server after every game is a major concern. It doesn't say that you are concerned that there may be millions of people that have purchased your product but they can't play it. It says that you are most concerned about the majority that are already playing the game and are earning coin and screw the other ones that can't play.

I know you must be fed up with all the EA hate going on but in my line of business communication is key to keeping people on side. If only you kept your bug status update going that hasn't been updated since 5/10. At least then I could get on here and think "EA actually does care and are at least trying". Now I am at the point of writing hopeless rants about not being able to play a video game instead of waiting patiently like I normally would all because I wasn't kept updated.

Just let us know how long and whats being done.

Park Captain

Jamrock9 wrote:
Kleiberl__ wrote:I hope that in some patch we have a REAL FATIGUE for "quick press tactics" and or "custom quick press tactics".

I don't understand what you mean ?

In real life, if you press and you are more aggresive than the other, you will get more tired (more fatigue).

In the game, when you put "team press" or "hard press", you press harder and you are more aggresive, so you defend easier.

I´m agree with those tactics (in real life they exist), but the problem is that in the game, they DON´T generate more fatigue (and in real life they do).

This is the problem of FIFA. You get ALL advantages (easier defense), but NO disadvantage (the disadvantage should be more fatigue when you put them, as in real life).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/10/2011 14:05:40

National Team Captain
[Avatar]

What about the millions of bugs (some gamebreaking too) in Career mode? Not one could be fixed in 1 month?

m8's murphypwnage, robbiecfc, StickeyLFC, AusMufc
FIFA 12  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: