FIFA12
  [Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Does talking to the press inpackt on the match?  XML
FIFA 12  > Career Mode

Waterboy
[Avatar]

It doesn't do anything, which is why it is not on PC version.

Park Captain
[Avatar]

It makes you think that it does something but i doesen´t

Scouted

It actually does though. If you 'praise' your team when their on good form their morale goes up. If you motivate then they work harder during the match (if you play the match that is).

Also I find un-nerving opponents makes them play bad. Especially goalkeepers.

Local Club Hero

junaid187 wrote:It actually does though. If you 'praise' your team when their on good form their morale goes up. If you motivate then they work harder during the match (if you play the match that is).

Also I find un-nerving opponents makes them play bad. Especially goalkeepers.

I find Unnerving opponents has the opposite effect for me... They literally go crazy and hyperactive and try extra hard to beat me...

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

Yes, it has a impact on the opponent's morale and it drastically effects the commentary.

^ 1RiB - A Class Above ^

Local Club Sub

Like the last few guys have said, I have noticed some effects.

I dissed Chelsea before one match (Unnerve option), and they came out guns blazing and beat me 3-1.

I reloaded the game and chose to praise my own team, and we ended up 2-1 victors.

Chelsea's gameplay felt much different... so I would say I think it makes a difference.

I've also used "Unnerve" on Reina to good effect.

Arsenal til I die!

Scouted

Yes it has an impact if only slight.

The best aspect of it is the psychological impact is has on the player and the overall meta feeling of MM. Consider how some people feel FIFA gameplay is scripted - well this only serves to put it out in the open and at least give the individual player a sense of risk vs reward regarding changing that 'script' type of feeling going into a game. So even if it has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the game, that is still an nice gesture when you really think about it.

On the actual subject, I love unnerving a coach going in to a match when I had recently read a news headline about that manager arguing about a ref's decision, etc. Those ones are always funny

And on the superficial side of things, at least it shakes up the game-in, game-out motions and helps create a little immersion and fluff.

80% of the time I just praise my team before a match, though.
FIFA 12  > Career Mode
Go to: