[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Rain & Snow OUT!  XML
FIFA 13  > General Discussion

Park Captain
[Avatar]

There are different weather conditions on FIFA to make it more realistic. You don't always play football on sunny summer days, do you? It does snow and rain sometimes, too.

I'd say they should keep the weather, but make it all dynamic. Make the weather change during the game, example: You start the match and it's raining, then after half time it stops raining and the sun starts to shine.
[WWW]

Professional Contract

I like rain and snow, just think they need to sort the graphics out, I think the change of pitch conditions is great

Big Money Transfer
[Avatar]

They should at least have Stadia with no rain or snow. I can't stand rain, it makes passing a lot slower and when you're playing against someone who uses high pressure it's nightmare. With the snow the bounce is crazy and the snow in the Nou Camp and Azteca is blinding.

Waterboy

dont see how people can like the rain or snow. it's absolutely awful

Last pick at the park

they should make them like madden NFL. madden NFL weather system is realistic (& also awesome.)

Last pick at the park

JP BostocK wrote:Rain is fine, Snow is horrible simply because my screen is so bright at times it hurts my eyes.

Rain is good because its harder for people to spam lobbed though balls.

Why dont you like rain?

i agree with snow blinding me. yet, i don't think it's necessary to remove the snow from the game. just make it better.

i love games on the rain. they slows down the exploiters and their speed devils.

http://gamercards.co.uk/

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

I don't think you really speak behalf of the 95% of us.I like changes in the weather.What would be more enjoyable is to have "active" wheather.Like start a game playing on overcast and the start to rain a bit and then go overcast or sunny.

Professional Contract

dont take any out just make it right like when its snowing dont let teams use there white kits or dont use a white ball and as it goes for rain, rain to me is more important then sun because BPL is biggiest league in world which as based in england and as you know england dont stop raining so yeah work on this weather more then any

FUT PS Moderator
[Avatar]

Don't think they should take it out. But I agree that it needs a lot of fixing. Snow is ridiculous, its like playing on an ice rink.

Last pick at the park

can you imagine a Formula 1 game without rainy weather? well, i can't, and i think the same about FIFA, NFL, MLB...

http://gamercards.co.uk/

League Winner
[Avatar]

ABlackPoloMint wrote:I speak on behalf of 95% of the Fifa community here, everyone hates rain and snow, we want Sunny weather only, or at least add an option before the game where you get to choose what weather you want and if your opponent agrees with the same weather then you's play in that, please sticky this, not very many people have brought this up, but playing in the rain and snow makes the whole fifa experience alot more stressful. what are your thoughts about this?

This is silly and would be VERY unrealistic.

Some regions of the world get a lot of rain. I like that it is more likely when I play with the team I support, Seattle Sounders FC that more than likely it is going to rain because it does in real life.

As for snow, it should be mandatory that the high visibility FIFA orange ball is used in EVERY snowy match.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/05/2012 21:18:06

National Superstar
[Avatar]

At least they should make them more realistic! Rain is awful on this game, it rarely rains this heavily, usually it's a light rain, but EA take it to the next level, changing the colour of the kits(because of rain) is very rare in real life. Also, a prime example of this is Daniel Agger, since when does rain make brown hair ginger?

Local Club Sub

Yep, let's make fifa13 ultra realistic by only playing on sunny days

Really, I think you need to take up cricket, stupiest comment I've heard on this forum.

National Superstar

Who are these 95% of people you speak for?

I'm sure the majority would prefer rain/snow to be refined, not booted out. Different levels of rain, different levels of snow. The problem with rain is it turns every match into a waterlogged match - that rarely happens in real life. Most of the time, the rain just slicks up the pitch, making the ball 'skip' off the surface more.

As for rain/snow lagging the game, try upgrading your system. I did and all rain/snow related lag disappeared. Unless of course you're on a console, in which case why should the game be held back just because an ancient machine is struggling to cope with it?

One thing though: if the rain and to some extent snow graphics are not massively improved, I'm going to be annoyed. The rain in particular looks like * - it's the worst representation of rain in a modern game.

As well as that, the rain/snow shouldn't be constant. Sometimes the match might start off dry, but then rains in the second half, that sort of thing.

National Superstar

JoeGriffiths wrote:At least they should make them more realistic! Rain is awful on this game, it rarely rains this heavily, usually it's a light rain, but EA take it to the next level, changing the colour of the kits(because of rain) is very rare in real life. Also, a prime example of this is Daniel Agger, since when does rain make brown hair ginger?

There's a weird bug with snow matches that changes players with ginger hair to black - dunno what that's all about!
FIFA 13  > General Discussion
Go to: