[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Just started Career mode, tips and help?  XML
FIFA 13  > Career Mode

Big Money Transfer
[Avatar]

if you think a player will grow, they can easily go from "Great Potential" to "Exciting Prospect" in one season.. Lucas Piazon is an example of this

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

abhinit90 wrote:@ Waterish : Ah! I couldn't understand what they meant, thanks a ton for explaining them to me. There's one more phrase called "Has that something special" what does it mean? I'll read that guide for sure. I actually play Badu, who is a CM in my LM role and I get various news pieces on him being unsettled and all. Will rotate, thanks again.

Ah yes, forgot to mention that. If a player has that status then it just means he has the 'flair' trait (which means he can do extra tricks and flicks like the rabona pass), it doesn't actually relate to his potential. It's a little confusing as it's similar to 'has the potential to be special'.

Regarding Badu, I'm not entirely sure that playing people out of position makes them unhappy. I have a CF and I play him on the wing and he's never complained. However, sometimes players can just become 'unsettled' for no reason - it's just the game throwing up a problem for you. It's trying to reflect real life - players can become unsettled and want to move on sometimes - and I think that's what's happened with Badu.

If it says he's unsettled, try offering him a new and improved contract. Go to Manager's office -> Contracts and click on Badu. In the top left corner there will be a 'Chief Executive's suggestion' for improving the contract - adjust Badu's contract to that and press accept, then with any luck in a couple of days you'll get a message from Badu saying he will accept the contract and is happy to be staying at the club If he refuses and you really want to keep him, try improving the contract by giving him a goal (or clean sheet) bonus, or by upping his wages.

fernandocamacho wrote:if you think a player will grow, they can easily go from "Great Potential" to "Exciting Prospect" in one season.. Lucas Piazon is an example of this

That's a good point. In career mode player potentials can change, so if a player is constantly playing well then (in theory) he can just keep growing until he's 29 or 30. So a player's status could change like this to tell you that he could be even better than you first thought if he keeps up his great form.

Need some useful tricks for scouting in FIFA? Try my guides
[WWW]

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

@ fernandocamacho... : Thank you, will keep that in mind

@ Waterish : Woah! Thanks man, I was confused as I saw that some players aged 26 and ratings in low their 70s had that "Has that something special" Will surely keep on the lookout for them.

I'm kidding myself but there's no chance my Di Natale can grow anymore, can he?

So far my most amazing sign, I think is Adryan, who I signed at the age of 17 for 7.2 mil, he's about 75 or 76 and it's only november of the first season.

Badu is on a roll, and I seriously lack a proper LM, so I'll sell him off and get someone better.

Another doubt, I currently have 4 players in my youth academy, do I need 11 for them to constitute a team and gain some experience? Can other teams also poach players from my youth squad?

P.S: That site is great, bookmarked it.

Thanks for all the help

"Dare if you dare, dare to be something, dare to be real"
Bret Hart: “ I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!”

Scouted
[Avatar]

I too just started career mode - great tips and help as Barca fan I will probably take Barca B and win the La Liga

Any good site what has some more explanations?

Scouted
[Avatar]

ANother question guys - what the real difference between the career mode and the career player mode?

I actually tried the career mode as player mode with Messi but not really challenging.....so this is why I wanna start fresh

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

Ugri21 wrote:ANother question guys - what the real difference between the career mode and the career player mode?

I actually tried the career mode as player mode with Messi but not really challenging.....so this is why I wanna start fresh

Player Career mode is when you focus on one guy, almost like you're living his life. Unfortunately, that mode is slightly bare and doesn't really give you much to do.

That annoying American guy

League Winner
[Avatar]

Ugri21 wrote:I too just started career mode - great tips and help as Barca fan I will probably take Barca B and win the La Liga

Barca B can't win La Liga as they can't get promotion.

T.........Mr T!!

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

If you are going to start a career:
DON'T LISTEN TO THIS NOOBS TELLING YOU TO BUY YOUNG PLAYERS.

#1 Create a player edit him to 90 put him in your squad, wait for offers.
#2 Barrogios and Cardosa are 2 free agents, edit them to 88-90, start your career mode, wait for offers.
#3 Once you done that, buy 3 10 star scouts send them out.

That's how you do it, build your squad with scout players only, they level faster and you safe money, play 1-2 season with the standard squad wait for the youth players to turn 16 and ready to play, make sure they developed completely.
Noobs go crazy trying to buy Neymar or other players and also trying to buy all the best youth current players, is a waste of money, I use my money to hold my exciting prospects.

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

redz_89 wrote:
Ugri21 wrote:I too just started career mode - great tips and help as Barca fan I will probably take Barca B and win the La Liga

Yes they can.

[WWW]

League Winner
[Avatar]

Waterish wrote:
redz_89 wrote:

Yes they can.

Oh right, is that just a FIFa thing because I'm sure in real life they can't.

T.........Mr T!!

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

redz_89 wrote:
Waterish wrote:
redz_89 wrote:

Yes they can.

Yeah, just a FIFA thing. It's the same with Real Madrid's B team (RM Castilla). In real life they can't get promoted, but they can on FIFA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/04/2013 23:12:07

[WWW]

Park Captain

l80l Jogabonito wrote:DON'T LISTEN TO THIS NOOBS TELLING YOU TO BUY YOUNG PLAYERS.

#1 Cheat
#2 Cheat more
#3 Use funds obtained from cheating to build scouting program.

Simplified the steps for you...

Honestly, I would have never even thought of editing players on roster to inflate their stats (and thus value) simply for the purpose of selling them down and harvesting the cash. I have to admit - it's creative. Lame and game balance changing but still creative.

Champions League Finalist
[Avatar]

Waterish wrote:
redz_89 wrote:
Waterish wrote:
redz_89 wrote:

Yes they can.

Yeah, just a FIFA thing. It's the same with Real Madrid's B team (RM Castilla). In real life they can't get promoted, but they can on FIFA.

So... you can actually play a cup game of Barcelona against Barca B? That's whack

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Billion9000 wrote:So... you can actually play a cup game of Barcelona against Barca B? That's whack

Yeah it seems a bit weird. But it's just how it is in the game I guess.

[WWW]

Last pick at the park

IF U NEED HELP WITH CAREER MODE THAEN I WILL BE GLAD TO TALK U THRU THE ACCELERATED LEARNING PROGRAMME THAT WILL GET U ON IT LIKE SONIC

TOO LONG TO TYPE

ADD ME
TIGGER GB
[Email]
FIFA 13  > Career Mode
Go to: