[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
<<< ☀ Virtual Pro Modes - All Info Thread ☀>>>  XML
FIFA 13  > General Discussion

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

NOTE: this thread is here to explain the modes in Fifa13 and why its now how it is this year, its not to slam EA completely, the links to complaint threads have been added so it could help put it in one place.

MAIN THREAD TALKING ABOUT NO PRO/MANAGER MODE & GENERAL FRUSTRATIONS:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1943052.page

INTERVIEW WITH SANTIAGO JARAMILLO -
Contains info of why Pro/Manager mode was removed in Fifa13

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/career-mode-interview-santiago-jaramillo/

HERES A QUICK RUN DOWN OF SAID INTERVIEW REF PRO/MANAGER MODE REMOVAL:

Here's the summary
- Santiago Jaramillo, the newly appointed career mode producer took an executive decision to remove Player Manager as it conflicted with the new internationals feature and other new features on career mode.

- Santiago explained that the new features relating to transfers, applying for jobs, messages to the player etc would have needed to have been amended especially for Player Manager mode and they just didn't have the time to do this. They have a 1 year development cycle where only about 4 months are actually production so it was cut.

- Santiago personally doesn't feel FIFA "has many users that are so passionate about that particular playing mode (Player Manager)" and believes they are a "minority".
- He also acknowledged that it isn't really an authentic part of real football and also acknowledges it might be controversial for people that don't know the reasons behind it.

Make of it what you will folks but there is our explanation. A few of my thoughts:

- Even though lack of development time (in order to resolve the conflicts) is the primary reason provided for the removal of the mode, even with another year until FIFA 14 it is clear he does not support the mode and has no intentions to bring it back.

- Santiago rightly or wrongly believes the mode was only popular with a small minority who aren't passionate about it. We may be a minority but IMO this thread proves we are passionate about it.

- He claims it might be controversial for those who don't know the reasons behind it. I do know the reasons and I still think it is a very controversial and wrong decision.

- It still doesn't explain why we can't use our VP in any of the other offline modes. There wouldn't have been any conflict issues or questions about realism in that respect, why imprison VP in 'Player' career mode?

We can safely say that in fifa13 VP is split into 2 VP's (on-line & off-line):

1. You can only create a VP for career mode by starting career mode
(this VP is for that career only which cannot be used in manager mode (you cant put your VP into manager mode they are separate modes now in fifa13)) .. you can class this as your "off-line VP" (Career mode VP if you will).

2. The off-line VP only lasts for that instance of the Career mode generated, or in other words - The pro will end when that career mode ends. On a side note: You are able to retire and turn the mode into a manager mode whenever you want (minus any VP).

3. You have a separate VP entity for on-line locked for just that on-line mode only - you can class as your "on-line VP".

4. In both VP's (off-line/on-line) you can customise the same as you did in Fifa12 (game face etc)

5. You can buy upgrades to your pro's using the EAs FC catalogue purchasing.

6. You can play the skill games in career mode while a match is loading with your VP, but only one, and no where else. NOTE: skill games are for boosting your XP and accomplishments with catalogue, not VP boost related anymore.

Boosting IE: "Accomplishments"

Unlike previous Fifa's Your VP has to unlock accomplishments by playing, as opposed to 'boosting' (dont think like fifa12, its not about 1 VP getting boosted via arena/skills/off-line/on-line any more).

To repeat again:

NOTE: skill games are for boosting your XP and accomplishments with catalogue, not VP boost related any more.

Online Pro:

1. Your on-line vp's progress's/(boosting) is done on-line only by playing pro clubs or pro ranked (called "drop in match" now).
2. The accomplishments you unlock with on-line VP won't apply to your off-line VP.

Off-line Pro: (Career Mode Pro)

1. You boost off-line VP with experience through career mode via accomplishments

2. Skill games mode does not use VP (like arena in fifa12) it only adds to your XP, (its not VP related) - SEE POINT 6.

3. Accomplishments in career for VP is mostly cumulative, as in score 20 goals, get 10 MOTM awards and so on. NOTE: There seems to be no relation to difficulty when completing accomplishments, meaning you can do it all on Amateur if you wish.

Direct Q/A:
Can you use VP in arena/skill games?

Not exactly, its not like Fifa12, Arena/skills aren't for boosting a VP its just to earn more XP, so VP is not used in the general practice arena (both the player & GK can be changed under skill game option to choose player & Keeper though but not a VP).

Places you can are in career mode while waiting for game to load doing a skill game, but its just one at a time while waiting to load. You can play basic Arena with no skill challenge while waiting for Drop I mode to load however. It does not boost VP, they are unrelated it just adds to your XP and accomplishments if its a skill game.

Can you use VP in Kick-OFF/Exhibition?

No, Pro is set for Career mode.

Can you use pro in create a tournament/league?

Can you use pro in manager mode?

No, as stated above, Manager mode + Pro has been removed.

See this interview for more info as to why:

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/career-mode-interview-santiago-jaramillo/

Can you use pro in pro ranked match?

Yes, its the same as 12 but named "Drop In Mode". Although the issue now is players just hogging play to accomplish more to boost on-line VP, think Pro Ranked (Drop In Mode) is like an arena for 22 players to go on a boost mission as its not allowed off-line. So it has its faults.

NOTE: This along with clubs is the place to get your accomplishments and progress your VP.

Can you use pro in friendlies against friends?

What about game face?

Heres how to do it ...

On-line ... simply goto online and pro season, this will start you off making a new pro, menus are pretty much the same as 12 here. So go to the option about hair/face etc ... you will see "download game face" ... if you have made a game face then it will download it and show up. That will create a game face file on the unit local to you.

Off-line, when you start a pro player season you will again get a pro creation screen, same again, go to face/hair section and select to download game face, or if you did it with your online pro just switch it to "on" (they share the same face/file).

Things to note about gameface at the moment:

Having a game face loaded and active and then playing manager career will crash it at the moment, its a known bug, remove it or switch it off when playing manager mode (put it back again when playing Pro season).

If you still have the same game face loaded on the app from 12, you might need to re add it all again as for me 13 didn't see I had a game face already up and said nothing to download. Once I re-added it again via the app, it recognised and downloaded it.

Mini Role Play Workaround

You can edit a player in the squad you want to use to look like your vp. Choose use customized squads and he'll be in the career mode, when going to play select to 'lock' to player. He's just a normal player though so other teams can try to buy him and I'd imagine, he could throw a strop and try to leave.

It's not a vp but its a little fella that looks a bit like me and has my name. You can edit his stats to make him better than messi if you wish. It's a real shame the vp part of the game is practically gone but this makes feel a bit better.

This message was edited 48 times. Last update was at 03/10/2012 14:48:33

Virtual Pro Modes - All Info Thread:
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1941221.page

Waterboy

I've posted a few threads and got no response or lack of it. I wanted to know mainly if the lobby screen you sit in for 2 minutes is after you pick the position you want? I don't see the point in waiting 2 minutes to get to the position screen and find that half of your team has left because they could not get the position you wanted. Makes sense to choose position first and you won't have that problem.

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

Hope some one can answer please bump if needed, any answered I can flesh out the first post with all the little things, so at least its in one place.

Waterboy

I don't think anybody seems to care about VP or they know nothing about it otherwise we would of had loads of responses. Oh well we might just have to wait.

Scouted
[Avatar]

mrcash2012 wrote:I do not have game will be getting retail next week.

I am a big fan of VP modes, there are a few scatted threads about VP, so I was trying to make a thread where the first post can catalogue all what we know so far, so any help would be great.

Below is the start of the point by point list, some things are not pure fact and are what I can understand from posts so far, in bold is what needs answers, anyone that can post anything else I can update the this first post. I just feel this mode has not been covered well by EA at all ref its changes, and is a little confusing for many.

We can safely say that in fifa13 VP:

1. You can only create a VP for career mode only by starting career mode (cant be used in manager mode)
2. The VP only lasts for that instance of Career mode (IE: if you start fresh you start a new VP? OR can it just be slowly boosted and then re added to a fresh restart career)
3. Your VP for online is a separate entity entirely locked for just that online mode only.
4. In both VP's (offline/online) you can customise - (how much customisation? please list - IE same as fifa12 or less, gameface etc for online and career VP? Or just game face for online? full info if you can)

Boosting

1. You boost by experience though online VP with a season only
2. You boost offline VP with experience through career mode
3. Your offline VP can also be boosted with skill games before a match in career mode, but this is only one skill game at a time (or is that false and you only earn your XP and skill game points?).
4. Can you boost your offline VP in skill game mode? IE: does you VP auto show as the skill game player like in Fifa12 arena? And if he does can this boost him ready for career mode, or is VP only boosted per career mode season and nothing more outside of that?

1. Your online vp progress online only by playing pro clubs or pro ranked ( called drop in match now).
Your offline vp is another one. In other words you'll have an offline pro and/ or a online pro. The accomplishements you unlock online won't apply to your oflline one.

2. Skills games only give you xp. I'm unable to pick my pro (I haven't found a way to do so because there is no arena like the previous fifas. There is a practice arena, but you have to select to practice in the arena, unlike pressing O (ps3) to go back to arena.

3. I'm playing my vp online. I have only played 2 games carreer mode (player). So I can tell much more. I hope it helps.

I do like the fact that your vp has to unlock accomplishements by playing and not boosting like previous fifas.
You could created bad players, small, no attributes,...crazy formations so you can boost faster. Not this time.

Waterboy

maxdam wrote:
mrcash2012 wrote:I do not have game will be getting retail next week.

I am a big fan of VP modes, there are a few scatted threads about VP, so I was trying to make a thread where the first post can catalogue all what we know so far, so any help would be great.

Below is the start of the point by point list, some things are not pure fact and are what I can understand from posts so far, in bold is what needs answers, anyone that can post anything else I can update the this first post. I just feel this mode has not been covered well by EA at all ref its changes, and is a little confusing for many.

We can safely say that in fifa13 VP:

1. You can only create a VP for career mode only by starting career mode (cant be used in manager mode)
2. The VP only lasts for that instance of Career mode (IE: if you start fresh you start a new VP? OR can it just be slowly boosted and then re added to a fresh restart career)
3. Your VP for online is a separate entity entirely locked for just that online mode only.
4. In both VP's (offline/online) you can customise - (how much customisation? please list - IE same as fifa12 or less, gameface etc for online and career VP? Or just game face for online? full info if you can)

Boosting

1. You boost by experience though online VP with a season only
2. You boost offline VP with experience through career mode
3. Your offline VP can also be boosted with skill games before a match in career mode, but this is only one skill game at a time (or is that false and you only earn your XP and skill game points?).
4. Can you boost your offline VP in skill game mode? IE: does you VP auto show as the skill game player like in Fifa12 arena? And if he does can this boost him ready for career mode, or is VP only boosted per career mode season and nothing more outside of that?

1. Your online vp progress online only by playing pro clubs or pro ranked ( called drop in match now).
Your offline vp is another one. In other words you'll have an offline pro and/ or a online pro. The accomplishements you unlock online won't apply to your oflline one.

2. Skills games only give you xp. I'm unable to pick my pro (I haven't found a way to do so because there is no arena like the previous fifas. There is a practice arena, but you have to select to practice in the arena, unlike pressing O (ps3) to go back to arena.

3. I'm playing my vp online. I have only played 2 games carreer mode (player). So I can tell much more. I hope it helps.

I do like the fact that your vp has to unlock accomplishements by playing and not boosting like previous fifas.
You could created bad players, small, no attributes,...crazy formations so you can boost faster. Not this time.

Can you tell me if the screens have changed on vp online? Do you have to wait in the lobby before picking a position like in fifa 12?

Scouted
[Avatar]

Yes, and picking a position too.
Screens are basicly like fifa 12.
Pro clubs season are now like head to head season. Very nice.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/09/2012 14:00:33

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

Thanks for some info chaps, I made changes to the first post list.

Again, if anyone who has pre release and plays pro than has anything else to add, or change or answer (my questions on in bold in the first post) then please fire away

Scouted
[Avatar]

danny234 wrote:I've posted a few threads and got no response or lack of it. I wanted to know mainly if the lobby screen you sit in for 2 minutes is after you pick the position you want? I don't see the point in waiting 2 minutes to get to the position screen and find that half of your team has left because they could not get the position you wanted. Makes sense to choose position first and you won't have that problem.

It's exactly the same as 12.

1. You can only create a VP for career mode only by starting career mode (which cannot be used in manager mode) .. you can class this as your "offline VP".
2. The off-line VP only lasts for that instance of the Career mode generated
(Q: if you start fresh you start a new VP? OR can it just be slowly boosted and then re added to a fresh restart career)
3. You have a separate VP entity for online locked for just that on-line mode only - you can class as your "online VP".
4. In both VP's (off-line/on-line) you can customise
(how much customisation? please list - IE same as fifa12 or less, game-face etc for online and career VP? Or just game face for on-line? full info if you can)

1. Correct.

2.The Offline pro will end when that career mode ends. You are able to retire and turn the mode into a manager mode whenever you want.

3. Correct

4. Customization is the same as 12 for both VPs.

xbox tag: danwvu26

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

Hello mate thanks for the info I updated first post.

I did have an extra question about customisation ...

4. Customization is the same as 12 for both VPs.

How is it dealt with though? As you start career mode you get the option to generate the offline VP before you begin & then you get the customisation/gameface. What limits do you have at that point? IE do you accomplish through career in order to go back & edit VP off-line to customise while it exists for that career (then rinse & repeat every new career). Or is it all about XP biulding & then its all about the catalogue?

Also with online VP customisation I assume that flows similar to Fif12 IE: you set your VP up, give it a game face and add what you have unlocked, then as you build and progress you unlock to customise? Or ... do you simply focus on getting your XP up to unlock through the catalogue instead?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/09/2012 14:39:48

Part-time Contract

5. you can buy upgrades to your pro's using the EAs FC cataloge coins. Or whatever they are. I'm not sure how you get more though.

Forum Founder
[Avatar]

It seems the answer to this is no but any anyone confirm:

You can no longer place a VP in career mode if you choose to be a manager in CM?

I really enyoyed putting "myself" into the Birmingham squad while also being the manager. I didn't take my pro online but I want to control the entire team and not just my VP.

Thanks for any feedback.

It was the best of seasons, it was the worst of seasons.
27 February 2011 - Birmingham City 2 Arsenal 1. Birmingham City Carling Cup Winners 2011.
Relegated on 22 May 2011. Bunch of useless Tw@ts that I am still obliged to support

Part-time Contract

HWick_Bluenose wrote:It seems the answer to this is no but any anyone confirm:

You can no longer place a VP in career mode if you choose to be a manager in CM?

I really enyoyed putting "myself" into the Birmingham squad while also being the manager. I didn't take my pro online but I want to control the entire team and not just my VP.

Thanks for any feedback.

I'll go check this out for you. 1 sec

Edit: No, you can't. and I can't see any option to start out as a player manager. So unless later on you can become a player manager, I don't think you can

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/09/2012 17:24:48

Forum Founder
[Avatar]

glennunc wrote:

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks.

It was the best of seasons, it was the worst of seasons.
27 February 2011 - Birmingham City 2 Arsenal 1. Birmingham City Carling Cup Winners 2011.
Relegated on 22 May 2011. Bunch of useless Tw@ts that I am still obliged to support

Park Captain

glennunc wrote:

Thanks for any feedback.

Edit: No, you can't. and I can't see any option to start out as a player manager. So unless later on you can become a player manager, I don't think you can

Playing my offline VP in manager career mode is the only way I play.......soo it sux to know you cant play your offline VP in manager career mode......

Anyway you can cheat and put your offline VP as free transfer/agent????......and pick him up in any team in your manager career mode later on......

If we cant I dont mind paying for a DLC for this.........doubt theres any patch to allow us to use offline VP in manager career mode sigh......

Thanks for your awesome effort in explaining VP career mode......I can now make an informed decision to not buy FIFA13 its a pity coz im a huge FIFA fan.....been buying it almost every year.....
FIFA 13  > General Discussion
Go to: