[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Goalkeeping Career --- Match rating draining  XML
FIFA 13  > General Discussion

Park Captain

Hi, I just got the game today after having having Fifa 11. Reason I bought fifa 13 was because i felt they have had 2 years to get goalkeeping right. Plenty time of tweaking how you SHOULD rate a goalkeeper. and some minor stuff along the way. I generally play 10 min halfs, on World class as a goalkeeper

But after 2 matchs in Fifa 13 as goalkeeper career, Its gotten so much worse. I noticed in the first match my match rating draining while I was standing in my own goal . if I had to estimate, I lost .5 at least on that alone.

Now after my 2nd match.. this is what takes the cake... by the game time of 12 mins, As a goal keeper yet to see the ball, I was negative match rated to 5.2 (from 6) The ball wasnt even in my half and I am getting penalized with neg ratings?

I am soooo * off right now, I bought the game soly on being able to play a goalkeeper. In Fifa 11 the best scored I have ever got, is a 8.5, I only ever got above 8 twice. Getting in the 7's is hard enough and if you conceed a goal along the way, there dissappeares your good rating. Its a kick in the gut for all those saves you have done, especially if the goals conceeded in the 90th min penalizes you the most. But the fifa 13 Career achievement requires you to have an average of 8.4..... Theres no way I can do that as a goalkeeper, Especially from what I have seen in these opening matches.

I seriously dont know what to do... It would be fine if I could disable match rating, but I cant find any option too.

So right now I am so *, I thinking abotu going back to JBhifi and getting my $89 back... I dont understand how you penatlize a goalkeeper whos standing in his own goal... thats what Goalkeepers do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/09/2012 19:29:25

Park Captain

Just a quick question to ask

if I constantly get ratings in the 5's because of this poor rating system. Can I still be called up for international duty if my player Goalkeeping level is high enough?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/09/2012 21:25:20

Park Captain

Well started the Career again, hoping that its a one off bug.

however, the first game I got a -.4 rating penatly for calling for a pass back, which I simply passed on to another defender.

the 2nd friendly game ( I am playing for Brisbane Roar btw) is Dejavu. Automaticly I am being rating drained. by the 12th game min, I was sitting at 5.1

What can I do? I am a goalkeeper, is the computer AI expecting me to run up and play a forward to keep my raiting?

As I have stated, my whole reasing getting fifa 13 was to play as a goalkeeper. Seriously feel like I have been jibbed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/09/2012 14:59:00

Park Captain

I'll make this my last post

given it some thought. I am convinced that Fifa 13 never went through testing phase... How can a mistake this big not be detected. gg getting an average of 8.4 rating when its draining like a leaking sewage pipe.

Will go to JBhifi tomorrow and ask about there refund policys... Unfortantly I didnt buy the game from EB Games this time (I know they have a 1 week refund policy)

Park Captain

I have noticed the same thing, the bug was also in FIFA 12 and I'm surprised that they hadn't noticed it and fixed it for this years...

Park Captain

Well I haven't played ever as a goalie in a match but in pregame when I played 2 players in FIFA 12 I was able to play as goalie while my friend would try to score. Even though I wasn't too good, I did notice the marker and arrow which told you where to stand in the best situation. Now if that marker is there, doesn't that imply that you need to not just stand around but move your keeper into the best possible spot with, or without the ball coming at you?

I ask because I know that it is the same when you play be a pro and stand still even if you don't have the ball or it isn't coming at you. You always had to guard their players on defense by staying in passing lanes and find open space yet stay onside whether your team could feed you the ball or not. If you couldn't, you would lose points very fast. When I realized this, my points stopped going down as fast and i was able to end the game with high 8s. I never considered this a glitch as much as just being aware of your surroundings. Who knows though. I just thought I might throw this out there.

- Lamarr

National Superstar

I wonder if you might try doing some of the "suggest cross/pass/shot" options? I know it can be a bit of a pain in the balls seeing what's going on at the other end of the pitch, but if you "suggest" a cross, it happens, and there's a goal, maybe you get a boost for "suggesting" it? I know it's stupid but it might help. I've noticed to get a good rating you have to be pretty involved in the game--it's why CM or CAM is the best position to get high match ratings.

If something I said can be taken two ways and one way offends you, I probably meant the other way.

Keep Calm--And Take It To Penalties

Waterboy

it same with my goalie :/ * ea!!

Waterboy

they still aint fixed it its happening to me

Waterboy

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!
Usually when the second half starts, the game automatically puts you on the goal line. If you stay there and don't move until the positioning marker appears the rating stops dropping. It seems to be working for me right now, i hope it continiues...
Peace and love from turkey!

Waterboy

btw how is it possible in world class difficulty that all game long my team takes 7 shots while the opponents take 0??

Waterboy

another bad request!

use the practice match in the arena as player or as gk... u can also use ur online pro in fifa13.
go to costumize fifa and create a new player with the same parameters of ur online pro.
now put the new player in the 11 of ur favourite squad. example: put the new player in the real madrid to benzema role... and benzema on the bench.
return in the arena select ur favourite squad and the new player and use it in the arena in the practice match with the same camera that u use for the online match

note: to press note of ur online pro params enter in the online pro accomplishments form and copy in a text file of ur pc all the params wrote on the right side of form, from ability with the ball to goalkeeper. its easy

Waterboy

hi guys
Try this when the ball is away from your area imagine a line from where ever the ball is to the centre of your gaol and always keep your goalie on that line, it means moving all the time but it really does slow right down the rating drain you still get a bit but very slowly, i normally stand between the 6 yard box and the penalty spot and keep in line with the ball, my average since doing this is about 6.9 still cant get any higher unless you get loads of involvement, hope this helps ya all

Waterboy

ok this is wierd i just played a game and all i did was stay central to the penalty spot and onlyv moved when they cam close to my area and i had NO drain at all??

Waterboy

ok guys all i can say is saty central dont follow the ball i stayed in the centre throughout my last game and had no drain at all :_)
FIFA 13  > General Discussion
Go to: