[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Getting ripped off by EA with the stupid online pass rip-off scam  XML
Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion

Waterboy

Not happy fellow gamers, i use love film to rent my games cause i have not got money to waste(think it something to do with the 4 kids i have), like many other people out there. So, what gives EA the right to charge 1200 microsoft points to go online when it should be part of the game. How dare they, like many of you i have been playing Fifa for bloody years now and fail to see why they would disrespect us like this. They are planing on doing it with all future releases aswell. So we all gonna have to get rich to play online. Its enough that we pay for internet and xboxlive gold, it is bang out of order charging us for something that has come with every other fifa title on xbox360. I am now boycotting EA forever now and am gonna get me some Pro Evo and i urge everyone else to do the same.

Last pick at the park

They provided an online-pass code on the back of your manual.

The message that appears when you first start the game, clearly states to fill in the code provided to you on the back of your manual, not to purchase an additional code I think?

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

I don't mind paying to use a game online that actually works!!!

GameChanger
[Avatar]

It's to prevent people who are not putting anything into their game and yet are costing them money on the servers. It's also to combat piracy.

When you rent the game you have not paid anything to EA, in fact all of that money goes to the rental company who have got that game at a discounted price so essentially EA lose out and have to pay for your use of their servers.

The idea of online pass is so that they are not having their servers being used up and running up their costs by people who rent the game or by pirates who copy their game illegally.

Maybe this comes at a big disappointment to you but if you are not paying for a service what gives you the right to use it?

[WWW]

Last pick at the park

You'd think 70€ for a title EVERY year would be enough to have a stable server? And now I pay for something that doesnt work - how is that fair?

GameChanger
[Avatar]

xbox.Skafsgaard wrote:You'd think 70€ for a title EVERY year would be enough to have a stable server? And now I pay for something that doesnt work - how is that fair?

If you buy the game new, then you haven't paid anything extra at all.

twitter.com/tem1985
twitter.com/futheadnews
http://news.futhead.com
[WWW]

Forum Founder
[Avatar]

Ill copy what i posted in another thread - i think it sums it up pretty well.

I wont say i agree with the code because i dont. But that said i understand why they have implemented it- and all Ea games do it not just the sports ones , BFBC2 also had a vip code that limited your online experience.

The reasons for having the code:

1: To protect against piracy and illegal downloads - now if they get a dodgy copy of the game they still have to pay a premium to use all the features.

2: To get some money from pre owned sales. The system as it stands only the retail outlets make any money from the pre owned market. Wether you like it or not the Pre owned market is lining the shops pockets and taking money away from the games industry developers.

By having this code should a person buy it pre owned they would need to pay to get online meaning the Devs get something from the pre owned market also. i think thats fair enough tho to be honest.

Ea are not a charity they are in it for the money - just like you are with your jobs. Would you work for free??

From my understanding lots of dev teams not just Ea are planning on using features like this- as they want to kill off the pre owned market.

Moon UTD - UNB Tekkers

Everton FC the Greatest team the world has ever seen.

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.T-Mills-85 wrote:
xbox.Skafsgaard wrote:You'd think 70€ for a title EVERY year would be enough to have a stable server? And now I pay for something that doesnt work - how is that fair?

And if you used said code and try to play online and it lags and kicks you, then your not getting anything for your money except an extra long Fifa 11 demo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/10/2010 11:09:36

Last pick at the park

Unless you have more than one person in the family who plays it, in which case you need to buy 1 or more extra online passes for each extra person.

Forum Founder
[Avatar]

xbox.Bam Bam Mickey wrote:

And if you used said code and try to play online and it lags and kicks you, then your not getting anything for your money except an extra long Fifa 11 demo.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to run and maintain servers to allow for milions of gamers to play on them?
Ok they were a little iffy at the start- but thats probably becuase Ea didnt expect so many people to be online, so they got over loaded.

It is alot better now.

Moon UTD - UNB Tekkers

Everton FC the Greatest team the world has ever seen.
Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: