[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
The Xavi Thread and Effective D1 Possession Guide  XML
Archive - FIFA 13 Ultimate Team  > General Discussion [Read Only]

National Champion
[Avatar]

Why Create a Xavi Thread?

I have seen a lot of people on this forum talking about how Xavi is terrible, and I couldn't disagree more. I personally feel that he is one of the best players I have used in UT, and thus I feel like I should do him justice by creating a thread about him.

How did I stumble across this underused "Gem?"

I pulled him from packs and inserted him into one of the teams I have been using (I am going pack only right now), and this specific squad has gone 25-2-2 in D1 with him having 8.0+ match rating every time except for the losses. In addition, I have never won D1 matches so cleanly and fluidly after including Xavi. (Usually 3-0 and 4-0 wins for me)

In fact, I would say that the biggest benefit of me going pack-only is that it forced me to play with players I normally would never have used, such as Xavi.

Before you play with Xavi

Before you play with Xavi, it is vital that you understand how Xavi works as a player in real life. I personally did not know how to use Xavi until I viewed specific videos that analyze his playstyle. I actually feel that EA did a good job of making Xavi play like his real life counterpart.

His style is summed up pretty well in the following videos:

I use a lot of these circling/twisting techniques in my actually gameplay video.

How do you get him to play like that?

I've noticed some people complaining about him running forward too much. This is not the case if you play him in a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1, do a possession/barcelona custom tactic, and go defensive/ultra defensive. Xavi will sit back slightly deeper and wont rambo into the opponent's penalty area.

Possession never worked too well for me in the metagame because it was a sterile tactic with no offense. That is until Xavi came along. This is because Xavi has the ability to facilitate possession, passing, and scoring opportunities for your team in a way that is actually very effective and only he can do.

He is the player whose abilities and workrates allows you to be a bit adventurous and risky in the final third with a killer pass, which creates the offense for a cross or finish.

In fact, I would say that the possession tactic is useless without Xavi (or at least loses a lot of its effect), which is why I have them both covered in this thread. I have tested it with other players like Pirlo and Scholes, and it just is not the same.

For those of you who don't know how to use custom tactics, do the following:
1. Go to team management in the main menu
2. Go to edit teams
3. Select a team (I suggest Barcelona due to their default custom tactic)
4. You will find the quick tactics selection info available somewhere in this menu. Select it and go to "edit" and you can create and save your custom tactics to your quick tactics list. I suggest using Barcelona's default, because I feel EA got the tactics for Barcelona pretty accurately this year.
5. After you have saved a custom tactic, join a random FUT game. Before you hit the "ready" button on the team management screen, go into team management and go to quick tactics. Select your custom tactic, and it will be available for you to use for the game and in every game afterwards as well. It's permanent!

General Possession basics: Why Barcelona Custom, why defensive, and why 4-3-3?

The game tends to make your players more aggressive on the attack than it should. To be honest, I think the "balanced" option from last year lies somewhere between defensive and ultra defensive this year. Under ultra defensive, I noticed my midfielders didn't sprint forward as soon as I got the ball, which allows me to build up my play.

4-3-3 is IMO the best tactic in the game for possession. It gives you a lot of passing options and allows you to form "triangles." These are virtually impossible to defend against...even with 100% AI aggression press or if your opponent is trying to cut off passing lanes (I will explain below).

4-3-2-1 can also be used, but custom tactics should be created so that the width is greater. I would set width to 60-70 for a 4-3-2-1 so the wingers will play a bit wider and provide more passing options along the flanks.

First, here is a brief clip on triangles and possession (I guess also known in Spain as "tiki taka"

Double Triangles: Bringing out the best of Xavi and the 4-3-3

The biggest benefit of ultra defensive and the barcelona custom tactic is the formation of double triangles. By double triangles, I mean that you have two triangles, formed by 4 supporting players, that are connected at one apex, which happens to be Xavi or whoever else is on the ball.

This synergizes extremely well with Xavi's 97 short pass (highest in the game), 82 agility (great for getting into position and quick movements), 95 ball control, 88 positioning, and 93 reactions. In addition, Xavi's 97 vision is the highest in the game.

Here is a picture of the double triangle and how it implements in game:

If you aren't holding down the sprint button and carefully analyze your build-up, most of the time there is no way the opponent can stop it if Xavi is on the ball. There are 4 players to pass it to, and it is impossible to press or block all the passing lanes without leaving someone open.

If your opponent is blocking your pass everywhere, chances are you have a free lane to dribble into, which you should gladly do.

Passing and Dribbling Lanes for Xavi and the team

Dribbling into Lanes

When you dribble into a lane, you should VIRTUALLY NEVER hold down the sprint button. With input lag and the speed at which 100% aggression tackling comes in (*cough* David Luiz *cough*), it is very difficult to make a correct judgment call when you are sprinting forward through a seemingly open lane and then the opponents defense suddenly shifts or your own players don't support you in the way you want.

The only situation in which you should use sprint is if you are going away from defenders and there are no other defenders ahead in the lane you are running, whether it be forward, sideways, or backwards.

When dribbling into a lane, always hold L2 or just let go of all the trigger buttons. If you have a seemingly large pocket of space, just dribble forward using the left analog stick and nothing else. If the gap is a bit smaller, hold L2 and go forward. It is imperative that you have CM's who all have good dribbling stats (70+ absolute minimum), otherwise the possession tactic goes down the drain.

Passing into Lanes

Passing requires fast judgment. Otherwise, you will lose the ball. One of the most frustrating things about playing against good players is that they will anticipate you dribbling and passing into open lanes. They will see open lanes and switch to players manually and cut them off. There are quite a few times where I think I have an open pass, turn my player, and pass the ball, only to have an Abate or David Luiz sprint over and cut it off because my opponent also saw the open lane and anticipated it.

A rule of thumb I go by is that if there is a defender who is within 1 body length of the lane I want to pass or dribble into, I either find another lane or implement a fake. By fake, I mean I will turn my player towards the lane, hold L2, and inch one or two steps towards it. This will cause the opponent to instinctively switch to the defender nearest to the lane and try to cut it off. This works to your benefit because it opens up a huge gap in another lane and creates more dribbling and passing opportunities for you.

General Dribbling and Passing Tips

The two most effective moves for faking out opponents into committing to a passing or dribbling lane is to first turn your player in the direction of the lane, and then use 1. L2 and a slight regular dribble or 2. L2+shoot+pass (with no direction held on analog stick). The second option makes your player fake a pass and then stop dead, which gives you immediate options to dribbling in other directions or use other pass moves.

It is OK to dribble backward or pass backward. This is something that you've probably heard a lot and think you are fine with it, but actually understanding it and implementing it in a game is much harder. Psychologically, you just need to get rid of the feeling of: "I'm getting 100% pressed. Oh *. I need to get forward, forward, forward." I can totally relate to this and it took me around 400 games to really realize this to the extent that I realize it now.

If you are confident that you can skill your way into opposing territory based on your lane situation, go ahead and skill/dribble your way to a shot opportunity if you think the lane in front of you is open enough. Skill moves are very important for creating space, and you can't just expect to pass your way into the opponent's net without skill moves or close dribbling. However, the pass or regular close dribble should always be your first choice.

If you have to, boot the ball way up the field or dribble out of bounds. If there are no options for you and you are in the middle of the field with everything closed down, just boot the ball as far up as possible or dribble out of bounds. This is much better than conceding the ball and getting killed on the counterattack. This is especially critical when you are up 1-0 in the 80-90th minutes, where the opponent gets crazy team boosts and your players play like garbage.

Its OK to pass back to your goalkeeper if you have to. A lot of people forget about this, but if you are getting pressed like crazy and you see absolutely no other option, just boot it back to your keeper. Then have your keeper punt it out and reset the play. This will prevent you from conceding a LOT of preventable goals.

Lastly: TAKE YOUR TIME. Just because your opponent is 100% pressing doesn't mean you have to be rushed into making 3 passes in 1 second or something like that. Close dribble, slight skill moves, and teammate support under the Barcelona tactic will buy you more time than you think to build up your play.

How Should I build up the play? (THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT)

You should focus your passing down the flanks while in the first two thirds of the pitch. This is the area where triangles are most commonly formed. You have full back, winger, and CM support in these areas. In addition, pass more to the side that Xavi is on. If Xavi is placed as a Left CM, then focus your passing down the left. If he is placed on the right, then try passing more to the right. Xavi should NEVER be in the center, and the reasons why will be explained in the next paragraph.

Try to avoid passing down the center while in the first two-thirds of the pitch. The reason is because the center area is congested and closed down very easily. It is very easy to double press and 100% aggression tackle while in the center, whereas it is a lot harder to do it on the side. Most common formations such as 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 also stack defenders and CDM's in the center, so you will face a lot more opposition going forward if you pass down the center.

Losing the ball in the center during your buildup will result in you getting counterattacked 100% of the time. In contrast, losing the ball on the side or flanks will result in you getting counterattacked less than 50% of the time. The reason is because the ball will go out of bounds over half the time if you get tackled. Furthermore, it is much harder for your opponent to cross and lob to fast strikers from the sideline than it is from central areas.

Shift towards the center only when you are in your opponent's third of the pitch. You can get a bit more risky when you reach your opponent's penalty area because it allows you to create scoring opportunities. It is also a lot less risky facing a counterattack when you lose the ball by your opponent's penalty area rather than in the center of midfield.

PLEASE SEE MY GAMEPLAY VIDEO FOR EXAMPLES. You will see me shift my play towards the flanks in the first two thirds of the pitch and then gradually center the ball as I get into my opponent's territory. These are details you may have missed during your first view, but they are very important to recognize.

Xavi's Unique Specialty: The Killer Lane and Delivering from Anywhere

If you follow my methods above, you should be able to work your way into your opponent's half, regardless of what kind of defense they are using. If they were 100% pressing you the entire time, you probably don't even need to read this section because you probably will have 2-3 open players that you can deliver a killer pass to. Or, you have a relatively clear pathway (just one defender you think you can skill past) on your way to the goal.

If your opponent is contain defending the entire time and letting you work your way up (some sweaty counterattack teams will do this), this is where Xavi becomes so useful. He has a unique blend of ball control (95), vision (97), positioning (88 ), agility (82), reactions (93), long passing (93), and medium attack workrate (he plays like a mixture of low-medium if you follow my tactics). This allows him to create Killer Lanes from midfield.

By Killer lane, I mean the time when you see any of your teammates running towards the opponent's touchline and the lane is relatively clear. it doesn't even matter if there is a defender following him (in front or behind). Aim your left joystick towards your teammate and power up your regular long pass and it will find its way to your player's foot. It is literally so good that it is magical. This usually results in either a crossing or shot opportunity for your team.

The other version of a killer lane is where one of your attackers is standing still and there are only one or two defenders in a straight line (not side by side) that are blocking his path to goal. If you can get him the ball, this is when you can skill move your way towards the goal using moves like Roulette, heel flicks, or just regular close dribbling. Xavi is superb great at finding these players by implementing a bit of juke dribbling followed by a nice short or long pass to your target in the killer lane.

In addition, Xavi is actually quite decent at dribbling down the killer lane himself and finishing it for a solo goal.

The benefit of Xavi is that he can literally do this from any distance in your opponent's half. His 97 vision makes him amazing for this role. I can't even count how many times I have worked my way through 100% press by opposing midfielders and attackers and gotten Xavi the ball 50 yards out from goal, from which he delivers an absolute killer pass to a winger or strike for a golden opportunity at goal.

Skill moves and close dribbling are critical for initiating and exploiting Killer lanes. In this year's Fifa, it is very hard to just "pass your way into the net," so you really need to implement some jukes, dribbles, and fakes in order to beat your man. Be prepared to go 1v1 against AI or contain defending on multiple occasions, or you might find yourself stuck in the opponent's third with no options on offense.

Now you might be thinking: "Someone like Pirlo can do the same thing!"
No he can't.
Pirlo doesn't have the attack positioning, agility, balance, or reactions that Xavi does. In addition, his workrate and movement don't allow him to cross the halfway line very often.

Pirlo is more of a player who sits in your own half and launches a LB+Y prayer lob to a 90+ pace striker on a counter attack, NOT someone who orchestrates a careful build-up, drifts into opposing territory, and creates a play. (Well, I mean you can use someone like Pirlo for this role, but he wont be as effective as Xavi)

In summary Xavi has a unique ability to allow you to maintain possession on your team and facilitate the build-up to killer lanes. In addition, he is excellent at executing the killer pass to exploit the killer lane or dribbling into the killer lane for a shot.

The defensive benefits of Xavi

Xavi actually feels a bit faster than his card says and is quite decent at sprinting back to defend counter attacks. If you play him right, he should be somewhere between your defensive CM and your back four, which means he can either close down the person on the ball or sprint back to defend a passing lane on a counter.

Xavi's vision, passing, positioning, workrates (M/M), and ability to attack from deep makes it so that your team seems to have two CM's attacking and two CM's sitting back all at the same time.

Finally, if you are playing against pace teams, chances are these players will get frustrated by your possession and bring back their strikers to try and press the ball away from you too. That's even better, because it gives your opponent less options to work with for a counterattack

You can't lob the ball to Eto'o if he's all the way back in your own third trying to press the ball off of Xavi.

TEAM INFO: Who should I surround Xavi with?

Attacking Trio

Your attacking three should consist of the following: It is crucial that your wingers and striker are all either high att/med def or med att/med def. This means that they will drop deeper to support your build-up when you win the ball and that they will make darting runs at the defense in order to create killer lanes.

Great examples of players for these roles are: Neymar, Nani, Benzema, Di Maria, Pedro, Villa, Muniain (my personal favorite)

Its also important that your striker has a bit of height and heading to him, because crossing is very important in possession. Players give up crossing lanes much more readily than shooting lanes, so you should exploit these as much as possible.

Finally, it is important to recognize that this is the tactic where it may be OK to have a high defensive WR attacker. Them dropping even deeper will actually help you with your passing build-up, and players like Lewandowski and Sanchez may actually shine in this tactic.

In fact, I am about to test out Sanchez (just pulled him in a pack, really excited!) and see just how well he works.

Center Midfielders

Your CM layout should consist of the following: Xavi on the left, a defensively minded midfielder with either med att/high def or low att/high def workrates, and an attack/engine CM (slightly pacier) on the right with high/high or high/medium work rates. You can also put Xavi on the right, your defensive CM in the middle, and your attack/engine on the left.

Good examples of players for the defensive midfielder: Busquets (obviously, and he plays like he is med/high even though he is actually med/med), Song, Javi Garcia. I would say Xabi Alonso, but throughout various test runs with him it seems that Alonso plays more like high/high than med/high.

Good examples of attack/engine players: De Marcos (this guy is incredible....76 rated and quite cheap), Ramires (although not sure how you would get the chemistry in), Fabregas (although a bit slower)

Defenders

The CB's can be whatever you want them to be. Players with good technique, passing, and defending are preferred, such as Sergio Ramos and Thiago Silva, if you can afford them. Pique is also a good option if you are not facing a pace abuse team.

Your full backs should consist of a med att/high def full back on the OPPOSITE side that Xavi is on. So if Xavi is on the left, your med att WR fullback should be on the right. The reason I say this is because if you do lose the ball on your buildup, it is imperative that the side that isn't congested with players has some kind of defensive cover.

It is very likely that the side Xavi is on will be congested with players, so you want to have a fullback on the opposite side to stop a sweaty cross to an opposite sided pacey striker or winger if you lose the ball.

If you can't find a fullback with med att WR, just get a really pacey fullback so he can provide at least some cover if you lose the ball (ex: Jordi Alba).

The full back on Xavi's side can be whatever workrates you want. If he has high att WR, that is fine because it helps with forming triangles in the build-up.

Here is final the team I used Xavi on:

Personally, I feel that Xavi is better of a passer when placed on the left. He is right footed, and can pinpoint a lot of passes to your team if he is placed on the left side. However, I did not have a med/high WR right-sided fullback, so I placed him on the right, where he is still very effective.

Ultimately, Xavi is one of the best players I have used in UT and is crucial to the implementation of a successful possession tactic. He literally makes your possession that much more effective.

UPDATE: Gameplay Video

Here is a 3 game long video that I just randomly pulled together at the request of a few people. I just turned on my recorder and played 3 consecutive and random games in D1 and finish 2-1-0. The gameplay is completely undoctored, so obviously I make some mistakes, but you can still see how effective this tactic is. The video is as follows:

I don't have the time to go through all of it and include voice commentary, so maybe I will do a shorter video with commentary sometime in the future.

Just be sure to note that I take painstaking effort not to lose the ball in my first two thirds of the pitch. I only get more adventurous in the final third in my attempts to create chances.

It is also important to note that Xavi only gave up the ball once in 3 games. Aside from that, he did a lot of creating chances and finding wingers/strikers with through passes, as well as maintain possession and facilitate the buildup. Just outstanding. He dribbles in pockets, controls the ball, and distributes it with ease. Just look at the difference between him on the ball and Song on the ball. Pay close attention and you will see just how important he is.

Here is some written commentary on gameplay footage:

The first game was enjoyable because the opponent tried to play real football. The second and third games were a bit harder because they were very sweaty. Welliton/Reus/Pato etc. up front and Dede/Felipe Santana at back. Basically pace everywhere. The third player also knew how to use skill moves, so it made it a bit more difficult as well.

First game I won comfortably 4-0.

I should have won the second game after being up 1-0 in the 90th minute, but my opponent has a buildup that have four of my tackles bounce the ball back to his players. He gets into my area, has another tackle bounce back to him, and then Reus breaks free and scores to tie it 1-1.

The third game I won 3-2, but momentum really started to kill me after going up 3-1. In the 80th-90th minutes, my players start becoming unresponsive, sluggish, and their dribbling/passing becomes very wild and loose. My defending goes down the drain. Meanwhile, my opponent seemingly gets boosts to all his players' dribbling and passing. Thankfully, I hold on to win 3-2 in the end.

Its also worth noting that my opponent's Felipe Santana was playing defense like no other. Headed away quite a few killer balls and was always in the right position to stop my attack. He is clearly this year's David Luiz.

This message was edited 91 times. Last update was at 16/01/2013 23:01:48

www.twitch.tv/ktz777

Champions League Winner
[Avatar]

Incredible guide !

Hot & Spicy
www.twitch.tv/AftershockHDx
Regularly streaming Clubs and FUT on the PS4 !

National Champion
[Avatar]

i couldve read that guide, but i intend to spend the rest of my life doing something else with it

but yes, xavi is good, got me 4 assists in a 4-0 win once

i lost interest when i saw the words "barcelona custome tactic" and "ultra defensive" which basically just means pass the ball around for 3/4s of the game and try and get lucky when ur opponent gets suicidal

National Champion
[Avatar]

jamesmoore_007 wrote:i couldve read that guide, but i intend to spend the rest of my life doing something else with it

i lost interest when i saw the words "barcelona custome tactic" and "ultra defensive" which basically just means pass the ball around for 3/4s of the game and try and get lucky when ur opponent gets suicidal

Normally, that would be 100% the case. But if you play with the concept of "killer lanes," you also find situations in which one of your players is 1v1 with a defender (the opponent doesn't have to get suicidal for this to happen), you skill your way past him to get a shot or cross.

I would say 50% of my goals are from killer lanes (my opening goals) and 50% are from when my opponent gets suicidal (my later goals to run up the score).

You are right though in that I do pass the ball around for 3/4 of the game though. But please don't mistake this for a tactic that just involves passing in your own half and doing nothing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2012 09:36:21

www.twitch.tv/ktz777

National Team Captain
[Avatar]

How can people be so dismissive without reading it good stuff, there are some handy tips in there, i personally believe Xavi's best position to be a CAM in a 451 as he can do so much damage with his passes from there. Nice guide though

By the way guys this isn't all about Xavi, there is some handy possession tips too which are very important this year

The Batcave:http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2772327.page

National Champion
[Avatar]

MaRsHy93 wrote:How can people be so dismissive without reading it good stuff, there are some handy tips in there, i personally believe Xavi's best position to be a CAM in a 451 as he can do so much damage with his passes from there. Nice guide though

By the way guys this isn't all about Xavi, there is some handy possession tips too which are very important this year

Thanks for the kind words! I think Xavi and possession go hand-in-hand, because I notice an incredible increase in effectiveness when I use Xavi in possession vs when I don't.

www.twitch.tv/ktz777

National Champion
[Avatar]

KTZ777 wrote:
jamesmoore_007 wrote:i couldve read that guide, but i intend to spend the rest of my life doing something else with it

Normally, that would be 100% the case. But if you play with the concept of "killer lanes," you also find situations in which one of your players is 1v1 with a defender (the opponent doesn't have to get suicidal for this to happen), you skill your way past him to get a shot or cross.

I would say 50% of my goals are from killer lanes (my opening goals) and 50% are from when my opponent gets suicidal (my later goals to run up the score).

You are right though in that I do pass the ball around for 3/4 of the game though. But please don't mistake this for a tactic that just involves passing in your own half and doing nothing.

u misunderstand my use of the word suicidal......but anyway, u r doing nothin for 3/4s of the game, actually there is one thing u r doing, and that is ruining ppls games, what i love to do against players like urself, is get the ball, and pass is around myself for 3/4s of the game and c how u like it, u wont believe the amount of rage messages i get, i dont care if i win, lose or draw, it turns into a point of principle, man up, its a computer game, not some kind of scientific study involving "killer lanes" and "barcelona custom tactics" ITS NOT REAL

National Champion
[Avatar]

jamesmoore_007 wrote:
KTZ777 wrote:

u misunderstand my use of the word suicidal......but anyway, u r doing nothin for 3/4s of the game, actually there is one thing u r doing, and that is ruining ppls games, what i love to do against players like urself, is get the ball, and pass is around myself for 3/4s of the game and c how u like it, u wont believe the amount of rage messages i get, i dont care if i win, lose or draw, it turns into a point of principle, man up, its a computer game, not some kind of scientific study involving "killer lanes" and "barcelona custom tactics" ITS NOT REAL

Haha, I've actually played against people who tried to counter me this way. And I usually press the ball back within 15 seconds. Just temporarily shift to ultra attacking/team-pressing, and I switch to my 100% aggression custom tactic until I get the ball back.

After I win the ball back, the magic of Xavi comes back to play.

www.twitch.tv/ktz777

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

Nice guide. Took some time but was well worth it. Don't listen to the "haters", their brain capacity isn't enough to handle possession and "tiki-taka" football.

All players with low-ish pace are undervalued and underused. Pace is just that dominant in UT.

YouTube Gaming Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMLCPro

National Team Captain
[Avatar]

jamesmoore_007 wrote:
KTZ777 wrote:

So? Doesn't mean he can't use Killer Lanes and Barca tactics? Who are you to decide? He just made a guide for people who need help.

#TeamRosberg

National Champion
[Avatar]

Shuriken_King wrote:Nice guide. Took some time but was well worth it. Don't listen to the "haters", their brain capacity isn't enough to handle possession and "tiki-taka" football.

All players with low-ish pace are undervalued and underused. Pace is just that dominant in UT.

Thanks for your support and encouragement, I really appreciate it!

Players like Xavi really need to be more valued. Some people just look at is the 66 pace and decide that he is garbage.

www.twitch.tv/ktz777

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

nice read thx

National Superstar
[Avatar]

Tempted me to use him...

National Team Captain
[Avatar]

I also find Scholes very handy in a similar way, i do plan to make a hybrid with the worlds best passers at some point

For people saying about the nooby playing style and it being a game not real life etc etc. What is happening here is he created a guide as to how to play like a team does irl (Barcelona). I for one find this very refreshing as it shows there are actually people out there who aren't fixated on pace, people say that pace is everything on the game but if you start to believe that then eventually you turn into a pace abuser yourself, what team irl spams through balls to fast players? I'd rather face a legitimate playing style like this rather than a pace spammy style.

I believe that this style is the most effective in the game, if you have the ball (nobody said anything about holding it in your own half) then the opponent cannot do anything with it, the fact that he is using a player like Xavi shows that there is more to his passing game than passing it from side to side as Xavi is able to penetrate better with his passing, like he talked about with his killer lanes. If you're hating on a playing style like this then you need to remind yourself what you bought fifa for in the first place, you buy it usually because you like the game irl so i'm guessing you'd like the game to be played more realistically.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2012 10:01:06

The Batcave:http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2772327.page

National Champion
[Avatar]

MaRsHy93 wrote:I also find Scholes very handy in a similar way, i do plan to make a hybrid with the worlds best passers at some point

For people saying about the nooby playing style and it being a game not real life etc etc. What is happening here is he created a guide as to how to play like a team does irl (Barcelona). I for one find this very refreshing as it shows there are actually people out there who aren't fixated on pace, people say that pace is everything on the game but if you start to believe that then eventually you turn into a pace abuser yourself, what team irl spams through balls to fast players? I'd rather face a legitimate playing style like this rather than a pace spammy style.

I believe that this style is the most effective in the game, if you have the ball (nobody said anything about holding it in your own half) then the opponent cannot do anything with it, the fact that he is using a player like Xavi shows that there is more to his passing game than passing it from side to side as Xavi is able to penetrate better with his passing, like he talked about with his killer lanes. If you're hating on a playing style like this then you need to remind yourself what you bought fifa for in the first place, you buy it usually because you like the game irl so i'm guessing you'd like the game to be played more realistically.

Thanks a bunch for the support!

I've actually tried testing this with Scholes and found it to be a lot less effective. I think its because Scholes' agility and balance just doesn't feel as good as Xavi's. Xavi is really good at maneuvering around pressing and then passing both short and long, whereas Scholes is just good at long passing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2012 10:09:52

www.twitch.tv/ktz777

Archive - FIFA 13 Ultimate Team  > General Discussion [Read Only]
Go to: