[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Just started Career mode, tips and help?  XML
FIFA 13  > Career Mode

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Started with my favourite club Udinese

Any tips, I completed about 10 seasons in fifa 12 manager, but this is different :fear:

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I'm from the UT forums and I've heard people here are a lot more helpful, hopefully I'll be active here too

"Dare if you dare, dare to be something, dare to be real"
Bret Hart: “ I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!”

National Superstar
[Avatar]

- Don't bother buying players 28 or over since they decrease very often unless you play them every game.
- If you ask for funds and it gets rejected first time, then ask again. It's worked for me in the past.
- Buy young players and play them loads since they can exceed there potentials.

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Oh ok, and there isn't any concept of stamina right?

So I can play my first team over and over again?

It will probably degrade the substitutes but if I play the subs, my first team won't increase as much, am I right?

Park Captain

Stamina is more important in CM mode than UT. Your team will play alot worse if there tired and are more likely to pick up injuries. I would advise having your solid first team, and bring in youth players slowly. This could be using them as subs, or less important matches, against lesser teams. I would say as long as a player is playing most matches, his stats will increase. It's not a problem leaving them out for a game or two.

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Oh ok but at the start of every match, doesn't every player has full stamina?

Champions League Finalist
[Avatar]

abhinit90 wrote:Oh ok but at the start of every match, doesn't every player has full stamina?

no

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

As stingmorejamie said, but make sure you dont bring on your subs to late every match(last 5-10 minutes) cuz then they dont get a match rating and that can result in much slower increase of them. Make it a habit to play your youths and subs in cup games, but definitly not only "squad players" in thoose games.

Tottenham Hotspur

http://nummersju.blogg.se
[WWW]

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Oh ok, will do that for the league games against weaker ones, or against cup against weaker team, might get a decent tourh player fomr my 2* scout, will post here

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

abhinit90 wrote:Oh ok but at the start of every match, doesn't every player has full stamina?

On the matchday you should always look at your starting XI's stamina condition,( and also form,actually) cuz you don't want your players to be tired unnecessarily!
[WWW]

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Oh ok, I get that

Di Natale has been playing every match and is the highest scorer, but at age 34 he's losing some stats. Even though he like the maximum possible form

Doesn't matter as he's always be my first choice until he retires.

Can anyone explain what a regen is, from what I understand when Natale retires, there will be another italian player instead of him, will he be in my squad or in the world and what exactly is a regen?

Local Club Sub

abhinit90 wrote:Can anyone explain what a regen is, from what I understand when Natale retires, there will be another italian player instead of him, will he be in my squad or in the world and what exactly is a regen?

Instead of constantly churning out random youth players, the game will basically 'regenerate' a player who's just retired, who'll be in the free agents section. They'll be young kids with incredibly high stats (OVR in the 70s) usually.
This means you can sign amazing kids who'll grow into amazing players for nothing since they're free agents.

I personally don't like to use them as it takes away the realism I think (how many teams do you see picking up young free agents off the street as opposed to bringing them into their youth academy and developing them?).

On the point about requesting more money, it's easy to get money, especially with bigger teams, but it'll be less than you hoped most likely.
Every time I asked for money on my York City CM (the team with the smallest transfer budget in England), they would eventually give me something like £10,000, which is nothing even at that level.

You need to play well so they are willing to part with their money, and if you're feeling confident, you can ask for more money and change your season objectives (E.G, Instead of 'achieving a high finish' in the league, you say you could 'win the title' if you get the money). They'll be more likely to part with more money (or any at all) that way.

Park Captain

My tips:

(1) If you are planning on playing a long career, develop a strong youth program. This is one of the best ways to improve your team in the long run and also a key to having a lot of money in your "war chest". If you are not planning on staying with one club for a long time, use Free Agency instead and not the scouting/youth squad method.

(2) Save often and to multiple different files. For instance, when you first start your career create three different save files (maybe with a "01", "02", and "03" in the file name so you can tell the difference) then rotate your saves between these files. That way if one of your game files goes corrupt you have a reasonably current "fall back" position.

(3) Properly size your roster. You can have up to 46 players on your roster but if you are anywhere near that number, your team is simply way too large. The result will be that you will constantly have players clamoring for playing time and a high percentage of players who are unhappy on your team. I normally carry 25 or so on my roster...

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Just to clarify what JealousPencil said, regens don't always appear in the free agents. Sometimes they appear on your team.

Not all regens are amazing either. There will be plenty with good stats, but hardly any over 70 OVR. As you progress through the seasons there will be more and more regens in the free agents, as other teams barely ever sign them.

Here's a tip for signing players - when you go to put an offer in, sometimes there will be one of the following three sentences: "showing great potential", "an exciting prospect" or "has the potential to be special". These relate to the player's potential. Here's what each one means:

"Showing great potential" - potential 80-85
"An exciting prospect" - potential 86-90
"Has the potential to be special" - potential 91+

So if you want to buy a player and he has one of these statuses, you know he'll grow to be good.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but if you want to get some tips for scouting, have a look at a guide I wrote for it:
http://www.fifascoutingtips.com/?p=584

Also, just to clarify what Moosealbany says, the actual squad limit is 42 players. Going close to that limit (say, 40 or 41 players) can cause your game to freeze). But Moose is right when he talks about rotation - it's important in career mode. If players don't get game time then they get unhappy and can ask to leave. You don't want that happening too often or you may lose cover for a position. So give your second or third choice players games against easy teams or in the cups to keep them happy. Pay close attention to player morale (in the squad section of team management you press RB on Xbox to see it, I guess it's R1 on PS3). If it goes yellow then you should start playing that person a little more, just to be safe.

Rotation is also important for player development. Young players can develop well even if they don't get many games, but once they get to about 20+ you'll need to start playing them to make sure they grow quickly. By rotating you make sure everyone is growing, so if you get an injury then there's not a huge gap between the quality of your first choice player and his replacement

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 28/04/2013 17:33:06

Need some useful tricks for scouting in FIFA? Try my guides
[WWW]

Waterboy

Great to see you choosing Udinese, and not a huge team with loads of money. What I would suggest is:

-Set up a formation you like playing with;
-Buy players that will complete that formation;
-Don't spend all your money in your first transfer window, most of the players do so. When you get close to the winter break, you will have a better vision on how your team acts and how you could improve the team;
-If you want to go for young players, I have a video that might help [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T56mYhU8VsY[/youtube]
-The most important thing by far....HAVE FUN!!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 28/04/2013 19:34:03

* The Ultimate FIFA Career Mode Experience with Customized Menus, Champions League, Europa League, and more !!!
*FIFA 14 NEWS !!!
*FAN MADE TRAILERS & more!

https://www.youtube.com/user/flotinbuzeaflotv
[WWW]

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

@ JealousPencil : Thank you, got my head around the concept. Appreciate you taking the pains to type out a proper and a lengty reply.

@ Moosealbany : Thanks, I play a lot of RPG's and had my entire demon souls save file wiped out, running an alternate saves of around 8 saves in career mode, much appreciated and a much needed tip Have 3 youth trainers, one of 1*, the other of 2* and the third of 3* searching in the more popular countries like italy, germany, spain, france, etc. I have around 41 people, will but short the roster. Thanks again for the reply

@ Waterish : Ah! I couldn't understand what they meant, thanks a ton for explaining them to me. There's one more phrase called "Has that something special" what does it mean? I'll read that guide for sure. I actually play Badu, who is a CM in my LM role and I get various news pieces on him being unsettled and all. Will rotate, thanks again.

@ flo7sick : Yup, I actually start my career mode in FIFA manager frmo a lowly npower league 2 side and I leave the game after I win the BPL title, CL and all the other with my team. Plus it has Di Natale :wub: I selected 41212 at the start, thanks for the heads up, I'll continue playing with it. From the initial budget of 12 mil, I sold some players, bought some and have about 13 mil saved. Phew, thanks for allaying my doubts. Will surely look at that video.

Thank you everyone for taking the time out to reply, much appreciated. This part of the forums is a tad slow but it has quality rather than quality. Me Likey.

"Dare if you dare, dare to be something, dare to be real"
Bret Hart: “ I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!”
FIFA 13  > Career Mode
Go to: