[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Derek Milborrow is biased towards the other team!  XML
Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion

Waterboy

I was playing career mode, with Liverpool FC. Im not a player that moans every time I get tackled, but the last 4 games i played where Derek Milborrow was the referee, i got sent off for a standing tackle in my own half, infront of the player. And he was giving free kicks where you dont even know why?? But all other referee are fine. Its just seems to be him.

Waterboy

Your right. He is alwats biased and it really irratates me.

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

Do you think he is on the take maybe a few back handers

Last pick at the park

To be honest I think that there's a lot of gamesmanship through the whole game. I've played nearly 3 seasons of Career Mode, going to the latter stages each of the cup competitions each year so far, so playing pretty much the maximum number of games I can each season. In all that time not one player on any team has received a red card against me.

The game breaks it's own rules to gain the desired outcome or to exert pressure. I have a picture of a Bolton player with his head sticking through Jack Wilshire's chest (think the movie Alien) to win a ball he was in no position to win.

As much as I like much of the game, it just moves into the ridiculous when it tries to "fix" results. Previous versions of fifa, if you slid in late you could be guaranteed to get a card. If the tackle was from behind it might be a straight red. This seemed to hold true for both sides (unless you were winning by a couple of goals, when the ref might turn a blind eye to some obviously bookable CPU tackles)

NOW the referee strictness rating only seems to apply to the user controlled team. Red cards for standing tackles, yellow cards for tackles too weak to even put the opponent on the floor, while on the other side the CPU pushes, shoves and sticks body parts through players at random

... not happy at all with this change

Waterboy

I like the various refs. Milborrow is an *. Pennyfeather is my boy. But I'm struggling against relegation because I never see Pennyfeather.

Waterboy

Does anybody know why they are not able to feature liscensed referees in Fifa 11

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

Or at least just give us the tools to rename refs.

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

xbox.iDaNnY M x wrote:I was playing career mode, with Liverpool FC. Im not a player that moans every time I get tackled, but the last 4 games i played where Derek Milborrow was the referee, i got sent off for a standing tackle in my own half, infront of the player. And he was giving free kicks where you dont even know why?? But all other referee are fine. Its just seems to be him.

maybe he got some money to go for the other team?

Local Club Sub

Same for me as well.

Park Captain

In a league cup game against Chelsea (First round... really realistic) I had this ref. Weren't so bad until the second where he decides to send of Jags for a very clean tackle on Drogba (The irony)... straight red.

Not the least of my issues as he then decides to send of Baines for a standing tackle on Lampard...

Ended up winning the game 3 - 2 like, but the two sending offs left me so weak at the back for my next game against United.

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

“I’d break every bone in my body for any club I play for but I’d die for Everton” - Dave Hickson
[WWW]
Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: