[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
EA's Neglect of Career Mode  XML
FIFA 14 & World Cup  > Career Mode

Park Captain
[Avatar]

Fifa 14 has been out nearly a month and the career mode is still riddled with nearly game breaking flaws. I think i speak for most in this community asking for solutions to our problems or at least a timeline on fixes. These are the problems with Fifa 14.

1. Menu Lag
This issue occurs on the both versions of the game. It occurs when entering team management from the career mode home screen.

2.Player Growth
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. Players are having amazing seasons with players who have amazing potential and getting growth of +1 to +2. Goalkeeper growth is Non-Existent.

3.Budget
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. When entering a new season the Board will take away money you earned last season. There is a workaround by switching 99 % of the funds to wages.

4.Player Decline
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. When a play reaches 29-32 he starts to decline. They can drop even in when fantastic form. In real football this does not happen every time. Ex. Di Natale and Pirilo

5. Early Retirement
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. Players are retiring early, really early. I have had 28 year old players retire. How often does that happen. Also players like Stevie G and Frank L retire after the first season. These guys probably will play for 2-3 more years.

If there are issues I missed post the in the comments and I will add the to the list

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 15/10/2013 00:55:53

Scouted
[Avatar]

What is that budget bug exactly? Do they take everything you made during the past season so you start the new season with exactly the same amount as the previous one or do they take like a certain percentage?

Park Captain
[Avatar]

alexdcp wrote:What is that budget bug exactly? Do they take everything you made during the past season so you start the new season with exactly the same amount as the previous one or do they take like a certain percentage?

I have seen varying reports. Most say they take everything and you have a budget about the same as your first year at the club.

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Pmoser wrote:1. Menu Lag
This issue occurs on the PS3 version of the game. It occurs when entering team management from the career mode home screen.

This also happens on the Xbox, it's almost unbearable.

Need some useful tricks for scouting in FIFA? Try my guides
[WWW]

Park Captain

unbearable is the word!

Champions League Winner
[Avatar]

Menu lag happens on Xbox aswell, so annoying

Local Club Sub

To add to player growth they NEED to fix the player declining. Really ruins career mode to have all my stars start declining and retiring between ages 29-32.

Champions League Winner
[Avatar]

Bizo2012 wrote:To add to player growth they NEED to fix the player declining. Really ruins career mode to have all my stars start declining and retiring between ages 29-32.

Arouna Kone retired at 30 in my career mode

Park Captain
[Avatar]

I added and fixed the original post. Thanks for the feedback.

Local Club Hero

Early retirement seems to affect outfield players which is annoying I am on my 2nd season with QPR 2 retired in first season one was 35 I think can't remember othe. 2nd season have 4 players retiring
Gary O'neil aged 31?
Bobby Zamora aged 34
Clint Hill aged 36
And Joey Barton aged 32?
I also see reports that Ashley Cole is retiring as is Steven Gerrard

However Julio Cesar who's 35 I've got at least one more season

Don't do signatures

Park Captain
[Avatar]

thurlow1985 wrote:Early retirement seems to affect outfield players which is annoying I am on my 2nd season with QPR 2 retired in first season one was 35 I think can't remember othe. 2nd season have 4 players retiring
Gary O'neil aged 31?
Bobby Zamora aged 34
Clint Hill aged 36
And Joey Barton aged 32?
I also see reports that Ashley Cole is retiring as is Steven Gerrard

However Julio Cesar who's 35 I've got at least one more season

Added

Local Club Hero

Just to add to my point
Carlo Cudicini is 41 I can stikl make an approach
Jonathan woodgate aged 35 can't approach retiring as is
DJ Campbell aged 33
Djibril Cisse aged 33
John Terry aged 34
Puyol aged 36

However at 37 I can still try and buy Thierry Henry? ???

Don't do signatures

Waterboy

Well said mate!

I'd also include the ridiculous scouting/transfer setup. Just show me whose good and who isn't! Thank you

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

Pmoser wrote:Fifa 14 has been out nearly a month and the career mode is still riddled with nearly game breaking flaws. I think i speak for most in this community asking for solutions to our problems or at least a timeline on fixes. These are the problems with Fifa 14.

1. Menu Lag
This issue occurs on the both versions of the game. It occurs when entering team management from the career mode home screen.
Well, atleast on PC it works fine.

2.Player Growth
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. Players are having amazing seasons with players who have amazing potential and getting growth of +1 to +2. Goalkeeper growth is Non-Existent.

I think the slowed down growth...is let's say acceptable...also I don't think there was a need to change this from fifa 13...but the fact, that the growth is completely random now, is just game breaking for me. It can't be, that a player who never plays grows, while those who play a excellent season don't grow at all - and the GK growth, it was a problem in fifa 13, where they rarely showed growth in cpu teams...now EA took this to a new level...

3.Budget
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. When entering a new season the Board will take away money you earned last season. There is a workaround by switching 99 % of the funds to wages.

I am not shure, if this happened to me until now, but I will watch for it.

4.Player Decline
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. When a play reaches 29-32 he starts to decline. They can drop even in when fantastic form. In real football this does not happen every time. Ex. Di Natale and Pirilo

They atleast slowed down the decline, but only in your own team and this bothers me...

5. Early Retirement
This issue occurs on both versions of the game. Players are retiring early, really early. I have had 28 year old players retire. How often does that happen. Also players like Stevie G and Frank L retire after the first season. These guys probably will play for 2-3 more years.

The most annoying thing about this is, that retirement is (again) completely random! For example I restarted my career with Werder, where in my first try * (32 years old) retired right after the first season (also he played regularly and only declined around 2 points OVR) and in my second try, under the same circumstances he is still playing with 34 years.

If there are issues I missed post the in the comments and I will add the to the list

Sadly, they won't fix any of this issues and probably also won't in fifa 15, since EA is only interested in improving this ultimate team cardgame bulls...

Waterboy

I cant say I have noticed any of these issues and I know that the 2nd issue has been an improvement for me on XBOX. The problem I am having now is freezing. Second season in January and I cant get past the second week. EA absolutely no help and the fact all you get is "we are working on fixing this" is a load of crap. Transfer market is a lot of work and even a player with great stats after scouting can still end up worse than what players you have already.
FIFA 14 & World Cup  > Career Mode
Go to: