[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Skilled Dribbling  XML
Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion

Park Captain

What exactly does skilled dribbling do?
I haven't noticed any change after I took it off.

Local Club Sub

xbox.Jaded Giraffe wrote:What exactly does skilled dribbling do?
I haven't noticed any change after I took it off.

Tighter touch on the ball, better close control, allows for moves like the sidways dribbling used to set up a skill or exit move. You get some better automatic touches in tight quarters as well.

Park Captain

Thanks. I might put it back on now.

Local Club Sub

xbox.Jaded Giraffe wrote:Thanks. I might put it back on now.

I try to incorporate something new every year. 2 years ago, a greater variety of skill moves. Last year was manual crossing and the ball shielding on offense.

This year, manual shooting and the "jockey" dribble, as I call it. I think peopel should use it more. You can move laterally while still facing your target and quickly exit from it to either side and retain possession without knocking on far away.

Local Club Hero

To use Skilled Dribbling you have to hold in L2+R2 while in possession of the ball.
[Yahoo!]

Scouted

You can not turn off skilled dribbling. Do you mean analogue sprint.

Local Club Hero

I think he means he turned the trait off with his VP.
[Yahoo!]

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

It's the VP trait, and used when in possession on the ball and holding down L2 & R2.

Tighter touch on the ball, better close control, allows for moves like the sidways dribbling used to set up a skill or exit move. You get some better automatic touches in tight quarters as well.

What you describe here only occurs when you are holding L2 & R2, there is nothing automatic about it, so no automatic touches and it isn;t used to set up skill moves.

It very usefull when approaching the box from the wings, it allows you to shift sideways, without changing direction so you are facing the goal and you can shimmy past defenders while maintaing the direction you want, you can also knock on the ball while using skilled dribbling.
I use it very often, it much better for beating players than any of the skill moves, a simple side movement then knock the ball forward beats many a player.

Local Club Sub

cem_ea_id.Mrkaze wrote:It's the VP trait, and used when in possession on the ball and holding down L2 & R2.

What you describe here only occurs when you are holding L2 & R2, there is nothing automatic about it, so no automatic touches and it isn;t used to set up skill moves.

Not true. I've played many matches with it on and off. It does give you a tigher touch on the balland allows you to have better close control in situations where quarters are tight...say, on the touchine.

Mainly, it is the sideways dribble but you can setup skill moves out of that - just release R2 and immediately pull off a skill move and you can make the quick transition.

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

Not true. I've played many matches with it on and off. It does give you a tigher touch on the balland allows you to have better close control in situations where quarters are tight...say, on the touchine.

Mainly, it is the sideways dribble but you can setup skill moves out of that - just release R2 and immediately pull off a skill move and you can make the quick transition.

As soon as you release R2, you are no longer using skilled dribble, as such skilled dribble has nothing to do with skill moves, its completely independant.
walk then do a skill move, stand still then do a skill move, run then do a skill move..... etc... etc... they are all independant, skilled dribbling has no effect on skill moves and isn't inherent in setting them up.

And yes it is true, it has nothing to do with tighter ball control or control in tight situations, that has everything to do with your ball control and dribbling stats.

Skilled dribbling is a 'Trait' it is only on when you are pressing the correct buttons - even the description says, 'allows you to use the skilled dribbling controls' or something to that effect.

Its simple, you turn on the Trait and it will have no effect on your Virtual Pro, until you press the correct buttons.

All normal players can use it as standard, so if you are the 'Any' all the CPU players can use skilled dribble, but you have to have the trait selected for your VP, and on the PS3, hold down L2 & R2.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/11/2010 07:15:08

Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: