[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Jurgen Klopp to Barcelona?  XML
FIFA 14 Ultimate Team  > General Discussion

Champions League Finalist
[Avatar]

xF1FAx32 wrote:
MrIndifference wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:Every time I mention this I get slatted! If arsenal don't win a trophy soon surelyy they go looking for a new manager? And Wenger would be perfect for Barca Wenger to be the next Barca manger perfect fit an makes sense imo

Care to explain why Wenger to Barca makes perfect sense?

Because he plays possession football and he's a top manger if you where the Barca board and heard that Wenger "might" be leaving arsenal would you not think to even consider him?

Wenger and Barca would be a good fit in my opinion, but I doubt they'd consider him due to the lack of silverware

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

II TC BFC II wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:
MrIndifference wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:Every time I mention this I get slatted! If arsenal don't win a trophy soon surelyy they go looking for a new manager? And Wenger would be perfect for Barca Wenger to be the next Barca manger perfect fit an makes sense imo

Because he plays possession football and he's a top manger if you where the Barca board and heard that Wenger "might" be leaving arsenal would you not think to even consider him?
No, wouldn't even cross my mind. What would I want an over 60 year old manager who's training methods are inept, sells their best players every year and hasn't won a trophy in 8/9 years to take over one of the most successful sides of the modern era? Much, much better options available.

The only reason arsenal turned into a selling club was because of there fancy new stadium they have and for one second do you actually think Wenger wanted them players to go?? I get the age thing but you'd get at least five years out of him.

National Superstar
[Avatar]

xF1FAx32 wrote:
nofx86 wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:Because he plays possession football and he's a top manger if you where the Barca board and heard that Wenger "might" be leaving arsenal would you not think to even consider him?
\\Making him manager there makes as much sense as Sven Goren Eriksen taking over Arsenal.

Two washed up losers today relying on their past glories.

So your trying to say Wenger isn't a top manger anymore?

The trophyless years say enough IMO. He's still skating on the Invicibles reputation from around a decade ago.

Local Club Sub

At least Klopp would bring back the high pressing Barca lost if he were to move there. However, Dortmund play at such an intensity whereas Barca slow the game down quite often but do have bursts of fast paced play.

On The FIFA Cover
[Avatar]

xF1FAx32 wrote:
II TC BFC II wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:
MrIndifference wrote:

No, wouldn't even cross my mind. What would I want an over 60 year old manager who's training methods are inept, sells their best players every year and hasn't won a trophy in 8/9 years to take over one of the most successful sides of the modern era? Much, much better options available.

The only reason arsenal turned into a selling club was because of there fancy new stadium they have and for one second do you actually think Wenger wanted them players to go?? I get the age thing but you'd get at least five years out of him.
Do I think he wanted them to go? No. Do I think he rolled over and had his belly tickled by City & United? Yes.

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

nofx86 wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:
nofx86 wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:Because he plays possession football and he's a top manger if you where the Barca board and heard that Wenger "might" be leaving arsenal would you not think to even consider him?
\\Making him manager there makes as much sense as Sven Goren Eriksen taking over Arsenal.

Two washed up losers today relying on their past glories.

So your trying to say Wenger isn't a top manger anymore?

The trophyless years say enough IMO. He's still skating on the Invicibles reputation from around a decade ago.

Yeah I understand he hasn't won anything in 9 years but you have to remember the fact they had to sell top players to pay of there new stadium which made the team suffer nothing Wenger could do about it when you look at his game win/loss ratio it isn't far of sir Alex's.

Ballon d'Or Nominee
[Avatar]

Geddywooten wrote:
hoban95 wrote:
SaifR1703 wrote:
matt78977 wrote:Doesn't fit the barca style at all. Dortmund average 54% possession per game and play a counterattacking style. Klopp likes strong athletic players who will run the whole game long, not the type barca have.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe they're tempted to revamp their philosophy, which would be a bold and possible stupid move.

No chance. Their footballing philosophy has being going for over 30 years.

to be fair, the barcelona that played for Frank Rijkaard was much different and played Total Football, the philosophy i assume you're referring to is Tiki Taka and that just came around with Pep. the process had already started before him but the style of play many associate with Barca just came about in the last 5 years.

Deco Dinho and Van Bommel / Toure never played tiki taka.

Not talking about "tiki taka". I'm talking about the philosophy of getting the ball, controlling the ball, keeping the ball and constantly attacking with it. Barca have had that philosophy of playing attacking possession based football for over 30 years. What Pep did, stemmed a lot from what he learned under Cruyff.

Big Money Transfer
[Avatar]

Is it definite Martino's leaving after this year?

Local Club Sub

[makeimagesmaller]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/omnisport/a9/c8/klopp_utgtqmu7se491u2s4zxskipo1.jpg?t=1710217793w=500[/makeimgsmaller]

He's such a good character, I don't want to see him associated with Busquets and the whole diving lot

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/2014 02:06:21

On The FIFA Cover
[Avatar]

Massive Image is Massive.

League Winner

That picture size.

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

II TC BFC II wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:
II TC BFC II wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:
MrIndifference wrote:

Do I think he wanted them to go? No. Do I think he rolled over and had his belly tickled by City & United? Yes.

There was nothing Wenger could do about them transfer deals why would he make him self look like such a laughing stock they where forced into a corner where they had to sell to pay of there stadium it's simple plus Barca hold on to there players a lot better than most clubs in Europe.

Big Money Transfer
[Avatar]

dat picture size

On The FIFA Cover
[Avatar]

xF1FAx32 wrote:
II TC BFC II wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:
II TC BFC II wrote:
xF1FAx32 wrote:
MrIndifference wrote:

There was nothing Wenger could do about them transfer deals why would he make him self look like such a laughing stock they where forced into a corner where they had to sell to pay of there stadium it's simple plus Barca hold on to there players a lot better than most clubs in Europe.
Nothing he could do, are you kidding yourself. He rolled over and had his belly tickled at the first sight of a big offer. Could have got at least £30m+ for Nasri and £40m+ for Fabregas.

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

He isn't the one to blame for the price arsenal sold them players for people behind the scenes where.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/2014 02:08:49

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team  > General Discussion
Go to: