FIFA12
  [Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Let us Dive  XML
FIFA 12  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion

Scouted
[Avatar]
Location: Scoring With My Feet With Klose In The Derby Della Capitale Because We CAN..

and get booked sometimes or win pens depending on if we timed our dive it would be more real

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/04/2011 02:35:15

Local Club Sub

I have to disagree. EA has enough problems dealing with the "morality" of their online customers. Holy Bejeesus that could get ugly.

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

adding diving to the game would be an absolute disgrace. It's bad enough it's in real life but why would anyone want to add dishonestly and lack of integrity to the beautiful game.

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

Good idea! Just not online (It's bad enough as it is)

Part-time Contract
[Avatar]

That would be great to include that feature.

[WWW]

Scouted
[Avatar]

iSupremacyX wrote:adding diving to the game would be an absolute disgrace. It's bad enough it's in real life but why would anyone want to add dishonestly and lack of integrity to the beautiful game.

The thing is Fifa is ment to be a true respresentation of football as the Fifa series is classed as a sports sim, I hate to say it but diving is part of the sport irl....I say they should put it in, give certain players the "Diver" trait from creation centre & only them players can do it. Another addition is to have the ability to toggle off & on with these settings.

Sigs are overrated...

Scouted
[Avatar]

I think that EA will try to protray their version of the beautiful game. I for one think it would be awful to have diving, yes it's funny on a game, but in real life it's killing football and bringing that into a major game like FIFA will only encourage people to do it, and get away with it. I'm out.
[WWW]

Last pick at the park

iSupremacyX wrote:adding diving to the game would be an absolute disgrace. It's bad enough it's in real life but why would anyone want to add dishonestly and lack of integrity to the beautiful game.

Because its only a game?

Local Club Sub
[Avatar]

Yeah they should put it back in from a early version of FIFA not sure which it was that had it but it's part of football like it or not it should be in a "football sim"

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

I find certain players already go down easy in the box. I don't think it's a problem.

twitter: nickjh82
Writer for NGB - nextgengamingblog.com
[WWW]

GameChanger
[Avatar]

Diving has been done in games many times before and it cannot be done realistically because in real life you have to * a few officials, in a video game the officials are programmed so the only way to have this was to have a random roll of the dice so to speak as to whether it would be given or turned down. It won't ever be implemented well as diving works in real life due to human error, something that is not in a video game unless programmed and for this to work effectively it would take some very hefty coding and programming.

FIFA also promotes fair play, so for this reason alone they are not going to add a mechanic that goes against that very principle.

Park Captain

A_Pure_Legend wrote:

The thing is Fifa is ment to be a true respresentation of football as the Fifa series is classed as a sports sim, I hate to say it but diving is part of the sport irl....I say they should put it in, give certain players the "Diver" trait from creation centre & only them players can do it. Another addition is to have the ability to toggle off & on with these settings.

I'm pretty sure EA already has some traits of people diving for fouls.

Park Captain

As for this idea of diving, PES included it with their game. If you mess up though you get yellow carded; it's an interesting feature to include but if they would include it, they should absolutely never included it online in ranked matches.

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

BigZombieMonkey wrote:
FIFA also promotes fair play, so for this reason alone they are not going to add a mechanic that goes against that very principle.

...but they have no problem in programming in holding on from behind, which even in real life would be pulled up.

The amount of times a player is running through on goal and a guys slowing me down cos he's got a hand on my player from about 3 paces behind me is just silly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/04/2011 14:40:26

twitter: nickjh82
Writer for NGB - nextgengamingblog.com
[WWW]

Scouted
[Avatar]

Stevel024 wrote:
I'm pretty sure EA already has some traits of people diving for fouls.

I have just stated that, jeesh. All i want is for EA to give certain players that trait, as no one actual has the trait on the game. Additionally i want EA to change it so when you are controlling someone who has the trait, you can press a certain combination like LB & RB and it triggers a diving animation.
Comprender?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/04/2011 22:59:17

Sigs are overrated...
FIFA 12  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: