[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
FIFA11 - Downloadable Audio  XML
Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion

Waterboy
[Avatar]

ps3.smeltzerinho wrote:
Oh please

I'm sure there's a solution. And I'm sure it's not creating a console war.

In the end it's an insigifnicant problem overall that most probably has an answer.

USB stick? Is that the solution? Maybe I don't get the problem

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

im sure there's a perfectly logical reason as to why people are having problem's on the 360.

i'll have a go at doing some of the chants over in the morning and let you know how i get on.

doesn't the 360 now support usb as a storage device on it now?

im sure there was an update for that a while ago. maybe i dreamt it!

if someone has a usb, and a 360 could they please try doing it on that and see what happens.

Signature By Me
[Email]

Waterboy
[Avatar]

xbox.JoeTindle wrote:im sure there's a perfectly logical reason as to why people are having problem's on the 360.

i'll have a go at doing some of the chants over in the morning and let you know how i get on.

if someone has a usb, and a 360 could they please try doing it on that and see what happens.

Xbox 360 supports USB for sure! It was an update last year.

Waterboy
[Avatar]

xbox.JoeTindle wrote:im sure there's a perfectly logical reason as to why people are having problem's on the 360.

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

ps3.smeltzerinho wrote:@milo: Oh please

I'm sure there's a solution. And I'm sure it's not creating a console war.

In the end it's an insigifnicant problem overall that most probably has an answer.

No I contacted Microsoft and asked them what the problem was and this is the reply I had on the phone

"Unfortunately sometimes some of the disc drives on the Xbox 360 console does not function in the correct way. This is due to longevity of playing games on the console so therefore is wear and tear. As this issue is not covered under warranty you would be liable to pay for any costs that occur from getting the disc drive functioning in the correct way again. However, you may wish to continue to try and keep ripping your CD to the Xbox 360 console. Sometimes it will work and other times it may not. Sometimes a certain number of songs may copy and other times the other songs on the disc will copy. I hope I have helped you today sir. Thankyou for taking the time to call Microsoft customer services".

So YES! in my opinion it is time to start a console war. A war on a console made by fools who are actually admitted to putting a terrible disc drive on their system yet fail to meet the customers needs in repairing it. Thats why I will never do business with microsoft again and why I am currently typing this message on an Apple Macintosh computer.

Last pick at the park

That was the first thing I tried. I tried to rip the files, but it wouldn´t let me. So I therfor used the usb as a portable storage drive, but still it wouldn´t work. Im getting mad at this problem, Microsoft is more or less forcing me to burn CD after CD, which wont work since half of the files will turn into: error.

There must be a solution to this problem, if not, Microsoft is ignorant and stupid. Its such a ridiculous problem that I cant understand how its not solvable. But I hope that someone will shed a little light in this mess, or Ill trade my xbox 360 for a PS3.

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

These are the times I really cherise purchasing a PS3 slim when my Xbox 360 got the ring of death.

http://shared.pho.to/57S2lb
FK Partizan Stadium
Partizan Belgrade 1-3 Arsenal
Arshavin, Chamakh & Squillaci

Waterboy
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.Doctor_Dill wrote:

That was the first thing I tried. I tried to rip the files, but it wouldn´t let me. So I therfor used the usb as a portable storage drive, but still it wouldn´t work. Im getting mad at this problem, Microsoft is more or less forcing me to burn CD after CD, which wont work since half of the files will turn into: error.

There must be a solution to this problem, if not, Microsoft is ignorant and stupid. Its such a ridiculous problem that I cant understand how its not solvable. But I hope that someone will shed a little light in this mess, or Ill trade my xbox 360 for a PS3.

deleted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/09/2010 22:57:36

Local Club Hero
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.PSV1988 wrote:

It doesn't support it for ripping music or copying music across. You can plug it in and listen the songs on their but you cannot copy them to the Xbox 360 hard drive. They need to be on the hard drive so you can make playlists so that the Fifa 11 game can find them.

Honest to God. Microsoft's system is bunk.

Forum Founder
[Avatar]

ps3.Baby-Milo-1991 wrote:
So YES! in my opinion it is time to start a console war.

Well, go and start it somewhere else.

[WWW]

Forum Founder
[Avatar]

-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/09/2010 00:23:52

[WWW]

Last pick at the park

The only thing I want is the solution of this problem that is causing all Xbox-users, being unable to utilize this feature of FIFA. I just hope that Microsoft has a solution for it, if not, they will have lost me as a customer.

Professional Contract
[Avatar]

just tried ripping some of the chants i put on a cd, i had 99 on the disc and about 1/3 to 1/2 of them worked, whereas the rest had one of them symbols off of things such as no-smoking signs (red circle with diagonal line through it)

hmmm. oh and they all were just named track 1-99 :/

this could be quite a problem unless someone finds out the solution.

Signature By Me
[Email]

Waterboy

cem_ea_id.PSV1988 wrote:

It doesn't support it for ripping music or copying music across. You can plug it in and listen the songs on their but you cannot copy them to the Xbox 360 hard drive. They need to be on the hard drive so you can make playlists so that the Fifa 11 game can find them.

I really hope that theres some information released soon by EA as to how to do this for 360 users, smeltzerinho you have done a really cracking job with all of this and it is HUGELY appreciated. must have taken a while so thanks very much. Just hope this problem with the 360 is resolved.

Cheers guys

Last pick at the park

xbox.S0DR wrote:
cem_ea_id.PSV1988 wrote:

I really hope that theres some information released soon by EA as to how to do this for 360 users, smeltzerinho you have done a really cracking job with all of this and it is HUGELY appreciated. must have taken a while so thanks very much. Just hope this problem with the 360 is resolved.

Cheers guys

I can only agree, thanks a lot Smeltzerinho!
Archive - FIFA 11  > Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: