[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
FUT11 the most disappointing add-on in FIFA-series history. For FUT hardcore pla...  XML
Archive - FIFA 11  > UT11 Discussion

Local Club Hero

This is meant as constructive criticism, though I’m not trying to hide my deep, deep disappointment in FUT11. I just read yet another goodbye post from member of this forum, so I decided to write my thoughts aswell.

First off all, I've played all of the Ultimate's and I've been the biggest fan every year! The idea is brilliant - thank u for that EA. U made us players customize and build our own team - THUMBS UP! FUT09 was * awesome, u didn't have the ability to change players positions or formations but u could make em better, which became quite corny - all teams had 99 att, mid and def. But the idea - * awesome!

FUT10 - best so far! The improvements from FUT09 to FUT10 were significant and it was kickarse game! There was a charge of (Danish currency) was something like 7-8£ to buy the game, which secured only the real UT fans were playing the game, but seen from EA's perspective there were so many player who didn't have a clue about what FUT was. They made it possible for you to play * cool tournaments from the beginning - St. Patricks Cup 15K. When I / my friends and me won that cup we were * ecstatic! That was awesome! I guess I spent around 70£ buying packs - but I was addicted to FUT10 for like 3 months, couldn't get enought of it. Tournaments, the new possibilities you had, the In-Forms were launched - the market was not overflooded with good players. You had to earn ur way up! FUT10 was a well-produced product that some loving, enthusiastic football developers could be proud of it! I played probably around 900 games and I had 93 trophies - the game ROCKED for me and my friends. It had it lacks aswell, but hey - that would be fixed to FUT11.

So what happened to FUT11? It got released in november 3rd. - I was ecstatic, * cool that they released it in the fall and before christmas. AND FOR FREE. I then started to think “Okay, hey – well if we (us players) have a whole year of making our team it will become difficult as hell building a great team. I liked it. I liked the idea that I wouldn’t get Torres, Drogba, Gerrard within the first month or so. They also had their Daily Gifts on the web application which was a great feature, so it looked pretty bright IMO. But what happened? It was for free, yes.. But I didn’t think of the consequences. The consequences has been that instead of charging their ridiculous 7-8£ they sell their crappy JUMBO PACKS every * evening destroying the market, which in the end destroys their own product! Well – that’s only ONE of the effects…

The other effect is far more demotivating and way more destructive. So how does EA secure that they get their money in? Well, they secure that mainly ALL value(coins) generated in FUT11 comes from their packs, so they lower the tournament prizes completely out of sync of whats going on in the market? How can a new FUT-player get a good team? – by winning tournaments with 500 coins in prize? Don’t think so. But by using ur own money, you can get a great team!

But what happened from FUT10 to FUT11? I wondered in the beginning why they didn’t release any news beside the “PLAY A FRIEND” feature. I got my answer when FUT11 was released. There were simply NONE – no improvements, no addings? Maybe I’m missing out of something here; but what’s new? I know in FUT10 suggestions like KIT-editor, changing player numbers, chemistry changes, Online Ranking etc were made. A lot of good suggestions, but none besides the “Play Ur Mom” feature have been added. And best of all, this is not supposed to be a ”Guest Option”-thread (I’ve given up on that a long time ago) – they got damn removed the joy you could have by playing a tournament with a friend. Their response from EA_FLT was that it was compromise made by they developers and I could still play Online Game with a friend – NO EA_FLT – that’s not got damn compromising – THAT is minimizing the options you had in previous editions.

I quickly found out that I’d make 10-20k every night when trading on the market. When I played tournaments I’d make 10k roughly. I have a great team now incl. Drogba, Fabregas, Anelka, Cole, Reina etc. My record is 101-9 (60 Online wins – 9 Online losses), so I’m not disappointed because I’m a * player or anything. I’m just a truly disappointed FUT player. I now have a great team and FIFA11 is pretty cool, but what now EA? It feels I’ve made played FUT10 all over again in just a month. There’s no rankings, no cool tournaments at all, no chemistry changing that could be cool to toy around with – nothing new? What do you expect I do? Play ur * tournaments and win 500 coins? Or buy ur * JUMBO’s? The game is missing some kind of meaning to it. I remember at the World Cups in South Africa, you revived FUT completely by making a 10 or 15k cup! It was so damn cool! I’m missing improvements, some sorta meaning with the game now?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 02/12/2010 08:46:50

Avoided Relegation
[Avatar]

Zinedene Zidane: '' Steven Gerrard is the best All-Round Midfielder in the World''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RBI6QYg8M8
[WWW]

Waterboy
[Avatar]

dude , I think its great.

1. This time its free
2. The online app is great
3. great players has low costs example (quaressma 84 speed 88 dribble 5 star) 1.000 coins
4. You can't train your players, It a more fair game
5. almoste 0 contract costs

but the only disapointing thing:
The damm servers lose conection alot and you lose lots of dnf multiplier

I never had fut 10 but I had 09

My trick team
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#kU6J7nsvbacif
[WWW]

Local Club Hero

@ Xantaz

Okay, cool bud - I respect that, maybe it's just me who'se to demanding. Or maybe I've just played to much FUT all in all.

Local Club Sub

no, your not alone here. Personally, I'm more for playing games then playing the market, and to me it feels like the point of FUT is no longer to "Build your own squad to play tournaments." Now it feels like "Buy our Jumbo packs to build your Squads, then play if you want, whatever, we dont care."

Part of making it free is now the market is positively FLOODED with cards, the jumbo packs are also a huge part of this. If you bought a player in the first couple weeks of this game, and you got a duplicate of him now, you will not get NEAR what you paid for him in most cases. There are too many cards out there for someone to "set the market" and for people who used MSP or the PS3 equivalant is, they don't necessarily care if they get 2k or 3k less coins for a player then what the current market price is. So the price keeps dropping on good players, while lower quality players cant even be given away.

Arsenal til I die!

Local Club Sub

one of the other parts that completely annoys me is how low the Tournament rewards are. If I have won 10 trophies and have now unlocked the "Mickey Mouse Gold Cup" which is only available after those 10 trophies are won, SHOULDN'T the reward for winning that be MORE coins then the "Kick-off Challenge" which takes 0 trophies to enter?

Wheres the reward for even caring about these trophies? Besides the aforementioned paltry Tournament rewards, there isn't any.

EA has turned FUT into Pokemon. Just keep buying our packs, get great players, then do whatever you want, we dont really care! Their new slogan should be FUT11: GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

Arsenal til I die!

Local Club Sub

I am with you.........Does any grow up can have a nice team without spend a lot of real money

I wont use real money.....it`s absurd - people are dying in my own country - that is the 7th or 8th economy in the world

I cant play 12 hour a day - I have a Wife, a kid, a job

So tell me how can I build a good team?

For me, the worse part of it is the education of online players - always mocking....calling names...all sort of bad attitudes...when you are stronger is easy to be bad - EA dont give a chance to nice players....well done

Local Club Hero

Haha I'm glad it's not only me who sees through their capitastic, greedy way "dont give a ckuf"-attitude about us. Yea, that slogan pretty much says it all. It's all about the got dammit jumbo packs which in fact are ruining this game. I understand that's its a difficult task controlling the market for EA, but I mean; why not make some cool tournaments instead of concentrating about their ckufing jumbo's.

Local Club Sub

ps3.Marinceus wrote:Haha I'm glad it's not only me who sees through their capitastic, greedy way "dont give a ckuf"-attitude about us. Yea, that slogan pretty much says it all. It's all about the got dammit jumbo packs which in fact are ruining this game. I understand that's its a difficult task controlling the market for EA, but I mean; why not make some cool tournaments instead of concentrating about their ckufing jumbo's.

because then EA wouldn't get their daily $2.75 from you for opening that one pack.

Don't worry, the next evolution is Tournaments that require MSP to enter in them. "win 50k coins for this tournament" only it costs 60 MSP or whatever per entry.

FUT is and always will be a cash-grab, I just wish they hadn't flooded the market with Jumbo packs right from the go.

Arsenal til I die!

Local Club Sub

If you ask me its all on another post called EA Preconception

But hey I have a master on Marketing - what do I know anyway?

Local Club Hero

im in total agreement mate its another ea quick release to maximize profit with nothing new or appealling for the player, fut 09 allowed you to play the game without spending cash because you could improve players bought cheaply and sell them on for profit, ea realised this was not the way to make serious cash so changed it in fut 10, they have justified the cost of gold packs by telling us we will recieve three rare items, rare by definition means scarce, hard to come by and usually valuable, this defineetly does not describe contracts, attribute cards, moral cards, strips( often three or four a pack) or managers, the fact is you are far more likely to find two silver players in a premium gold pack than 1 high rated player never mind a team of the week player, this along with the multitude of cheats ruined fut 10 and fut 11 is exactly the same, the same cheats can still be bought of ebay, why havent they done anything about this, ill tell you why, suckers keep paying them cash, ea your customer services are a joke

Local Club Sub

xbox.yosamittyBL wrote:im in total agreement mate its another ea quick release to maximize profit with nothing new or appealling for the player, fut 09 allowed you to play the game without spending cash because you could improve players bought cheaply and sell them on for profit, ea realised this was not the way to make serious cash so changed it in fut 10, they have justified the cost of gold packs by telling us we will recieve three rare items, rare by definition means scarce, hard to come by and usually valuable, this defineetly does not describe contracts, attribute cards, moral cards, strips( often three or four a pack) or managers, the fact is you are far more likely to find two silver players in a premium gold pack than 1 high rated player never mind a team of the week player, this along with the multitude of cheats ruined fut 10 and fut 11 is exactly the same, the same cheats can still be bought of ebay, why havent they done anything about this, ill tell you why, suckers keep paying them cash, ea your customer services are a joke

I'm not one for the days of taking a 75 and training him until he's 99, as this also defeats the purpose of FUT in my book. Why not just give us Messi and Ronaldo in our starter packs then, because that what our team will look like ventually.

NHL11 UT nailed it, I feel. Each player has "potential" to grow. What this means is a young player with a high potential can have a certain number of training cards used on him, with permanent effect. An older player would be able to receive less training.

EA could still make money this way, Training cards wouldnt be the basically useless things they are now, they would have real value. I only use them myself when I'm in a Cup Final. And EA could still get their "cash cow" from IN FORMS by making them Higher OVR (like they do now) but also with more trainablilty, so their maximun OVR would be higher as well.

It doesn't take a ton of imagination to figure this out, EA. This idea I just elaborated on came from one of YOUR VERY OWN TITLES. Why does FIFA seem to get the short end of every stick? Poorly conceived Manager/Career Mode, FUT... about the only great innovation to EA games taht FIFA has made is Pro Clubs.

Arsenal til I die!

Local Club Hero

I played Hockey Ultimate Team aswell, and there were some nice features there. For an instance young players were given a chance to grow, so not everyone has Drogba, Torres, Ronaldo etc. It also featured a rank list, and every month a Playoff which is * cool! I like the idea of developing a player into a certain kinda maximum, so you wouldn't take some austrian player and make him CR9 in a week. That would also change the market a great deal.

But basically; what changes has EA made from FUT10 to FUT11? Installing the "Play ur best friends mom"? Hey, just came to think of it; they've added 2 new leagues! Wauw! GG EA

Local Club Hero

Bumpity bump - figured there's alot of guys at work now, who might take time reading and commenting on this.

Scouted
[Avatar]

Why moan about EA prioritizing money? They've always been money first.. only reason they now make good games instead of half baked crud is because they were losing money and their reputation was about as bad as Activision's is now. Same dog, same tricks just a flashy new collar. And I agree, UT11 is almost identical to UT10 from what I can tell. Worst thing is, they boasted about us asking for a play a friend option and delivering on it.. I asked for a play a friend option in the first 15 minutes of the original on fifa 09 getting released when I realized it didn't even exist so for them to take 2 sequels to implement something so simple is hardly something to boast about.
Archive - FIFA 11  > UT11 Discussion
Go to: